Ross and Brand suspended

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
calling her a slag was maybe a little harsh so i do retract that my gripe is simply this, its been turned into a media frenzy and its nothing its not important, its not life changing, it doesnt actually matter. its the proverbial mountain out of the molehill,

Chilly

Balls of steel
gotta love the british press. our economy is falling apart, one of the most powerful countries in the world is about to have its election and we moan about practical jokes! huzzah

nath

Fledgling Freddie
calling her a slag was maybe a little harsh so i do retract that my gripe is simply this, its been turned into a media frenzy and its nothing its not important, its not life changing, it doesnt actually matter. its the proverbial mountain out of the molehill,

Fine. I wasn't actually pointing out a typo, it was the comment I took issue with.

Anyway, I think this story is perhaps bigger than it should be but neither Sachs nor his granddaughter have done *anything* to make it that way.

Chilly, I'm pretty sure they've not forgoten about the election or the financial crisis - there's still a fair bit of news on that.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I wonder how BBC act knowing that they're going to lose alot of viewers on Friday night.. That show brings in a good few million viewers because of Ross.. Will be interesting..

Anyway, BBC will get its hit back on Sunday.. With the return of Top Gear

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
The Times said:
Miss Baillie was pleased at the suspensions, according to Max Clifford, her spokesman, but felt that the BBC had been too slow to respond to the controversy.

Max Clifford...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Crock of trashy, unfunny, unimportant shit; sack them both and lets get back to real life / news.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yup, I expect she's made a bit of a mistake there but she's 23 years old, how media-savvy do you expect her to be?

Savvy enough to be bragging about Brand on her MySpace page a week ago and now be "horrified" by events and demanding sackings...

rynnor

Rockhound
I wonder how BBC act knowing that they're going to lose alot of viewers on Friday night.. That show brings in a good few million viewers because of Ross.. Will be interesting..

Logically I might suggest the show does well because its in the prime slot and has interesting guests - the interviewers not the main draw.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Savvy enough to be bragging about Brand on her MySpace page a week ago and now be "horrified" by events and demanding sackings...
Perhaps, but from what I've read she's mainly upset about the involvement of her granddad, I've not seen any other perspective from her.

taB

Part of the furniture
Well, Brand's quit.

The most effing shocking bit of this is the beeb news says he was being paid 200k / year. Wtf are they doing with the license fee - incroyable.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
On this issue I think its not acceptable to try to gain entertainment out of humiliating a 78 year old man. It speaks volumes about their lack of imagination that they had to stoop so low for some cheap laughs. If they had done it to your grandparents I think you'd agree that it would be a different matter.

I heard Andrew Sachs yesterday explaining what it was like to be a small child in Nazi Germany and half Jewish. Luckily for him his parents and he managed to get out of that country and escape persecution. Such an interesting man derided in this country by two halfwits.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Whatever your stance really it comes down to the fact that a lot of people complained, including the victim of all this, not to mention the fact that what they did could be classed as illegal. Whether it's funny or not is irrelevant. So all of you who think that it was all a good laugh and that we should all get a sense of hunour, think about that when you want a complaint upheld.

As I said at the start, it's nice to see some accountability for a change. These high paid tossers get an easier enough life as it is, do you really think a slap on the wrist is enough when they're being paid obscene amounts of money that could be spent on more top gear projects.

And who can honestly say they wouldn't punch Brand if you saw him, especially if he was oiling up to your missus?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
the yoof of today speaks. If you find upsetting a pensioner funny it says a lot about you

I find that labelling old people as pensioners (and therefore presumably, worthy of pity) says even more tbh.

Damini

Part of the furniture
I find that labelling old people as pensioners (and therefore presumably, worthy of pity) says even more tbh.

I don't follow this. Why would you (presumably) associate pensions and pity?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Because everyone is saying "pensioner" as if it means "poor defenceless old man" where I just see an old bloke. I don't feel he's any more deserving of my pity than anyone else, no matter his age.

00dave

Well at 78 he's well into pensioner territory. I don't think people automatically assume pensioners are worthy of pity, but they do deserve a little more consideraion than you or I simply because they are a little more frail. Most of us don't feel safe in our own homes these days, how do you think an elderly person feels when they start hearing noises outside.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Older people do deserve some respect, at least until you know them :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The point is, if it was your granddad getting random calls from a slimy little man saying he had shagged your sister and was later going to go round his house, or that maybe your granddad would top himself over it, maybe, just maybe you would think that goes over the line?

As I said in the FHOT thread, its people that just walk by and don't stand up against something when they see something wrong that is the problem with this country.

Useless little people like Brand, who also found it funny to phone the police and take the piss out of a rape case live on stage should not be paid for by the license payer, they should be on some obscure private channel where they can fester in their own shit.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Shes in the papers today saying he was shit in bed.

Its fecking stupid, the people who should be punished are the people that allowed this show to be broadcast in the first place.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Oh for God's sake. Tories are in "backhanders from Russian oligarch quagmire", Right-wing rag comes along with non-story A WEEK AFTER IT HAPPENED, and Tory Story gets handily gets bumped to page 20. It would be funny if it wasn't so pitiful.

For the record, they were stupid, the producer was negligent, the girl's an attention-seeking slapper and Andrew Sachs doesn't actually care too much (his own words). Can we stop now please?

rynnor

Rockhound
Oh for God's sake. Tories are in "backhanders from Russian oligarch quagmire", Right-wing rag comes along with non-story A WEEK AFTER IT HAPPENED, and Tory Story gets handily gets bumped to page 20. It would be funny if it wasn't so pitiful.

For the record, they were stupid, the producer was negligent, the girl's an attention-seeking slapper and Andrew Sachs doesn't actually care too much (his own words). Can we stop now please?

Tbh its better than many of the alternatives at the moment. The non-news story that both labour and conservative mp's are corrupt.

The 24 hours of recession tv on the bbc news channel on friday (snore!).

Or the massive coverage of the US election thats such a 1 horse show the bookies paid up last week.

Givf interesting news!

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
UK news outlets have been full of non stories the last couple weeks, that Osborne thing with the Russian, Mandelson with the Russian, Brand and Ross and the Phone calls.

While in real news the world economic situation steadily gets worse, More countries need IMF bailouts for failing economies, the crashing Oil price and its effect on destabilising Russia, Iran, Venezuela etc, US election et al.

It's a sad state of affairs when I have to watch Fox News to see what's happening in the world....

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Andrew Sachs doesn't actually care too much (his own words).

That's not actually true, but I'm pretty sure he thinks this is bigger than it needs to be. I think it's more a case of what's done is done and he wants to move on

00dave

TBH I love it when stuff like this happens, it shakes things up a bit. I'm looking forward to watching Jonathan Ross when he gets his show back just to see how it will go. Remember when Angus Deayton did that episode of have I got news for you after the papers published his story. There really is no negative publicity anymore.

Embattle

FH is my second home
That's not actually true, but I'm pretty sure he thinks this is bigger than it needs to be. I think it's more a case of what's done is done and he wants to move on

He isn't the only one who thinks it is bigger than it should, to be quite honest I'm bored and annoyed seeing so much air times wasted on the subject.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Christ, it's still in the news. This is what I would say was "toilet society" in the ' random things i hate in life' thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom