Football Ronaldo situation

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If Scholes and Hargreaves had been fit all season he wouldn't have been first choice.

Really? Then how come Hargreaves ended up playing right-back rather than displacing Carrick? Next year Hargreaves and Carrick might fight for the same position in the Prem but in Europe Ferg will probably play them both in holding/passing role.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Really? Then how come Hargreaves ended up playing right-back rather than displacing Carrick? Next year Hargreaves and Carrick might fight for the same position in the Prem but in Europe Ferg will probably play them both in holding/passing role.

Agree m8, some people think they know better than SAF. Carrick played 49 games this season, so he obviously is doing something right.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Dos Santos officially in Tottenham now - damn. The kid has potential.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ronaldo's a cock. Thats all you need to know.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Agree m8, some people think they know better than SAF. Carrick played 49 games this season, so he obviously is doing something right.

Carrick played 49 games this season for 2 reasons. Owen Hargeaves spent the best part of 4 months out with various niggles and Paul Scholes was out for a large chunk of the season as well. During that time Anderson and Carrick started almost every game, once Scholes came back from injury Fergie started to rotate between the 4 of them.

I have seen Carrick play with my own eyes more than half a dozen times this season, I think that puts me in a better postition to judge than most on here and I am telling you that Carrick only came good when he was dropped from the England squad and was under constant pressure by the presence of Scholes/Anderson/Hargreaves who were all fit as of February. He has talent, he is just very lazy and constantly needs a foot up his arse to motivate him. Frankly for £60,00 a week that is not good enough.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Very simple to answer that. Vidic was injured so Wes Brown moved from right back into central defence and Hargreaves played there as Fletcher was injured, otherwise Fletcher would have started those games in April at right back and Hargreaves would have displaced Carrick for some of those games as he had done in March.

Hargreaves is robust, hard working and versatile. He doesn't have the passing range of Carrick but he much more well rounded, he can run with the ball, cross/shoot and also defends like a nutter. The bloke is brave as a lion, completely the opposite of Carrick.

Marc

FH is my second home
Ronaldo's mum has issued a statement declaring her son is happy in england and will continue to play here,

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Most recent stories say he's agreed terms with Madrid and its just a matter of settling the fee.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Because Vidic was injured?

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Ronaldo's mum has issued a statement declaring her son is happy in england and will continue to play here,

I thought one of the reasons to move to madrid was so that he was WITH his mother?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Most recent stories say he's agreed terms with Madrid and its just a matter of settling the fee.

most recent paper talk is shite.

Ronaldo is not in negotiations with madrid, he hasnt been allowed to speak to him. The contract they say they willing to offer has been done through the papers as have the talk of the fee they will pay. THey have not got the money to make the offer, they would need to get finance because they are another team in debt. But they can get the finance because who they are.

I cant see united letting him talk to Madrid. Fergi has to stick to his guns or teams and players think they can force moves they want. This is typical of madrid and something they should be pulled up on... started in the 50s didnt it? when they forced it so that a contract signed by a player with another team was made void so they could sign him? and since then they think they can do anything.

Anyways, back to Ronaldo. He spoke to a guy from Terra website. This is someone he knew from a young age so wanted to release the story through him. Anything not through this guy that being said currently is just rumour, or twisted from other places.

He stated "I want to play for Madrid" - he has never made secret of this.

"If they pay me and united what they have said they would" - this can actually be seen as a 'put up or shut up' statement.

"I will not talk about this till after the Euros" - ie anything reported now is bollocks and not from his mouth. Hell he even pulled out an offical pre-match interview due to this.

ok quick summary that of the interview. But there so many ways to look into what said. I cant see him going this summer, he will go next summer however. THat is what I said all along, however I always feared that if won champions league it would be incentive for him to leave as he done it all with united.

Corran

Part of the furniture
I thought one of the reasons to move to madrid was so that he was WITH his mother?

his mum isnt in madrid as far as I am aware, it just a team she likes and always wanted him to be at.. but this be because when he was younger they were seen to be the team to be signed too!

soze

I am a FH squatter
It has been said allot that Madrid has always been his dream club does not matter if ts because they used to be great if he wants to play there.

Marc

FH is my second home
Well, if you believe the NOTW in that ronaldo wont return any of his managers calls, its time to move on and sell him imo.

United wont struggle by the loss of ronaldo one bit, whilst Ronaldo himself, wont hit the heights at real madrid because he hasnt got the players at Real Madrid, that he has at united. United work ethic is second to none, players like Rooney, Tevez, Anderson, Hargreaves etc, all do the hard work for ronaldo to flourish. Look at rooney and Tevez in particular. Totally unselfish individuals who do the graft for Ronaldo. Do you really think Robben, horse head and in particular, my greedy selfish bastard Raul will put the same work in? Ofc not. And then what will happen if Ronaldo goes a few games without scoring? Do you think the Madrid fans will be happy at someone with such a huge price tag, not living it up to it? They will be on his back quicker than Raul asking for a pay rise when he sees what Ronaldo is on.

It will all end in tears for Ronaldo imo, whilst united will just carry on as though Ronaldo was never a united player.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well, if you believe the NOTW in that ronaldo wont return any of his managers calls, its time to move on and sell him imo.

United wont struggle by the loss of ronaldo one bit, whilst Ronaldo himself, wont hit the heights at real madrid because he hasnt got the players at Real Madrid, that he has at united. United work ethic is second to none, players like Rooney, Tevez, Anderson, Hargreaves etc, all do the hard work for ronaldo to flourish. Look at rooney and Tevez in particular. Totally unselfish individuals who do the graft for Ronaldo. Do you really think Robben, horse head and in particular, my greedy selfish bastard Raul will put the same work in? Ofc not. And then what will happen if Ronaldo goes a few games without scoring? Do you think the Madrid fans will be happy at someone with such a huge price tag, not living it up to it? They will be on his back quicker than Raul asking for a pay rise when he sees what Ronaldo is on.

It will all end in tears for Ronaldo imo, whilst united will just carry on as though Ronaldo was never a united player.

Much like Beckham leaving us, no one is irreplaceable and if you look down the years we have lost players like Cantona, Van Nistelrooy, Ince, Hughes, Robson, Keane, Stam, Schmeical, Beckham and Kanchelskis. People always predicted the end of an era but couldn't not face the fact that it may well be just the start of a new era.

As Marc rightly said, United's work either is unbelievable at times and that is what has made us successful. Losing Ronaldo would damage us in some ways but in others it would make us stronger, for instance Nani on the right is a better crosser than Ronaldo and he offers just as much penetration on the right as Ronaldo ever did. Park works selflessly down the right as well and drives some wonderful crosses in but with the added benefit that he always always tracks back to help his right back when we don't have possession. We would lose Ronaldo's wonderful abilty to hold onto the ball but we do gain in other areas if he goes, then you have to consider what the huge transfer figure would buy us, if it smashes the world record that is at least 3 world class players you can add to your squad.

Personally I don't want him to go, would prefer him to stay another year and help us have a go at defending the European Cup. It isn't the end of the world if we do sell him though, contrary to what some people think we are far from a one man team, it is just that Ronaldo has been extrodinary for the last 2 years whilst Rooney has been a bit goal shy this year.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
A few things. Gary Neville made some comments pre-match on itv yesterday. He was very diplomatic, but I think there is truth in what he said. Basically why would Ronaldo want to leave united when he is at the perfect place to showcase his talents and win things. Also the fact that he is well liked in the dressing room -something that can be difficult with the egos in the Madrid dressing room.

All this talk of SAF not being allowed to visit Ronaldo. It's the press fishing for a story. The man is on holiday with his family. Everyone needs a break.

Did anyone see the interview with Ferguson by Frost? It gave me a new view on the way he thinks, he was discussing the Stam transfer. Now the common belief is Stam got to big for his boots and the biography angered Fergie into selling him. Fergie basically said, Stams form was slipping, he was getting on in years and they were offered a lot of money for him. I think he knows when he can afford to lose someone and the value of players, if he does sell Ronaldo then it will only be because he knows it will not affect the team.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
A few things. Gary Neville made some comments pre-match on itv yesterday. He was very diplomatic, but I think there is truth in what he said. Basically why would Ronaldo want to leave united when he is at the perfect place to showcase his talents and win things. Also the fact that he is well liked in the dressing room -something that can be difficult with the egos in the Madrid dressing room.

All this talk of SAF not being allowed to visit Ronaldo. It's the press fishing for a story. The man is on holiday with his family. Everyone needs a break.

Did anyone see the interview with Ferguson by Frost? It gave me a new view on the way he thinks, he was discussing the Stam transfer. Now the common belief is Stam got to big for his boots and the biography angered Fergie into selling him. Fergie basically said, Stams form was slipping, he was getting on in years and they were offered a lot of money for him. I think he knows when he can afford to lose someone and the value of players, if he does sell Ronaldo then it will only be because he knows it will not affect the team.

Another point to consider: Only a few months after Stam moved to Italy, he was brought up on drugs charges - coincidence? Might have been, but it's a pretty big one.

I can't even be arsed to bother with looking at the Ronaldo transfer stuff, it's all over the place tbh. I'd rather him stay just for english football. If we had the climate advantage of the sunsoaked parts of the world we'd have an even better legaue than now with the stars wanting to sun themselves, but there ya go. :england:

soze

I am a FH squatter
United will stugle with out him some of his 40 goals were important but like people wrote us off because of Henry i think Man U will survive it.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Man Utd | Man Utd report Real over Ronaldo

"
Article 18 of Fifa's regulations does not stipulate any possible sanction against Real, but does state that one club have to inform another in writing if they are to start negotiations with their player.
However, the rules do not specifically state that the club that owns the player have to give consent."

What a stupid rule.

How easily SAF forgets what he did with Heargraves and Rooney signs...... :rolleyes:

Aaaaanyways, im praying for Ronaldo to stay where he is tbfh. If I were a manager I'd rather spend the money in:

Huntelaar
&
Hleb
&
De Rossi / Diego

Marc

FH is my second home
66% of real madrid fans dont want him according to a recent poll

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
And we're talking about which one?

supergay.jpg

you can probably guess who it is :p

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, the greasy fudge-packer. I say we just let the tosser go, after all if he's on the continent, there is a better chance for him to wrap a Ferrari (and himself) round a lamp-post, or off a cliff, or into a truck, or get shot or kidnapped.

Once he's out of our hands, his demise is not our problem, and we can't be held responsible for any of his screw-ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom