Football Ronaldo situation

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't think we should read to much into any of the comments. There is a lot of posturing going on. Real are notorious for courting big names just to please their fans, and then signing someone else entirely. Their fans do not seem to clock on to this, even though it happens every year.

Ronaldo has made a lot of comments in interviews, some indicate he will stay, some otherwise. At the end of the day he is on a 5 year contract, United have absolutely no obligation to sell him. I think telling the player that he is going nowhere is the best thing to do in these circumstances.

I do think that clubs get away with murder as far as tapping up goes though. FIFA and the FA should take a stronger stance when a club publicly courts another clubs player. These things should be done in private, and the player should not know unless their club tells them. But then we also have lots of agents after nothing but a quick buck.

soze

I am a FH squatter
TBH i doubt anything will happen but its nice this is not happening to Arsenal as for the last god knows how long the 2 spanish clubs have always been upsetting one of our players Viera every summer then Henry every year till he left. I can see it happening with Cesc but luckily it seems to be Man U's turn.

What is shocking is the way the spanish clubs behave. With helb apparently Barce or Ream can't remember which released a statement saying Helb had agreed a contract and following protocol its now time to negotiate with Arsenal for his fee. That seems the wrong way round and they are blatantly addmitting it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Players are now able to buy out their contracts so if he wants to go then he can, regardless of how long a contract he has at Man Utd. Agree with Marc, think he will go within 12 months.

Man Utd fans can still rejoice I hear that Keane is after O'shite and Flecth! ;)

Himse

FH is my second home
Ronaldo will leave.

200k a week? asif you'd say no.

Everz

FH is my second home
Its unreal the money Real get, government backing etc does help though..

Marc

FH is my second home
Its not all that bad for man united though. Whilst there is no doubt, Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world (until he can do it regularly against the big teams, he is not on a par with Messi yet), he is not a team player. Man United will be able to function without him.

SAF needs to take a look at Madrid's team and see who can take in exchange. The obvious choice is Ramos, to play right back and then take over at centre back when Rio goes in a few years. Casillas is another as united need an experiences keeper. However, I very much doubt that these would want to leave. I think Diarra would be a revalation in the premier league. It would suit his style to a tee. Most united fans dont think he would improve what they already have though and why fix something that isnt broke.

So that basically leaves, straight cash, but who is available to use this cash on.

Interesting times ahead for man united.

Marc

FH is my second home
Players are now able to buy out their contracts so if he wants to go then he can, regardless of how long a contract he has at Man Utd. Agree with Marc, think he will go within 12 months.

Man Utd fans can still rejoice I hear that Keane is after O'shite and Flecth! ;)

His agent has just said he wants to go to madrid, thats why I posted he was off :D

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Its not all that bad for man united though. Whilst there is no doubt, Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world (until he can do it regularly against the big teams, he is not on a par with Messi yet), he is not a team player. Man United will be able to function without him.

SAF needs to take a look at Madrid's team and see who can take in exchange. The obvious choice is Ramos, to play right back and then take over at centre back when Rio goes in a few years. Casillas is another as united need an experiences keeper. However, I very much doubt that these would want to leave. I think Diarra would be a revalation in the premier league. It would suit his style to a tee. Most united fans dont think he would improve what they already have though and why fix something that isnt broke.

So that basically leaves, straight cash, but who is available to use this cash on.

I agree. Park can easily replace Ronaldo on the wing. He's also much more of a teamplayer.

They should sell Ronaldo and find a prober experienced replacement for Carrick.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Would that be the fletcher who has outplayed Gerrard the last 4 times he has played against him in an utd shirt?

The fletcher who came into the team after christmas when united went 6-7 games conceding only one goal when he was on the pitch?

The Oshea who had the highest shots to goal ratio in the Premier league?

The oshea who can play in most positions with relative comfort and who always does a job?

Both of those players have been invaluable to united the past few seasons.

I would be happy for them to stay.

Calaen

With a hundred million we could splash on huntelaar to replace the goals.

We have a strong enough squad to cope without him, SAF has proved over the years that losing a good player isnt the end of the world.

Everz

FH is my second home
Would that be the fletcher who has outplayed Gerrard the last 4 times he has played against him in an utd shirt?

The fletcher who came into the team after christmas when united went 6-7 games conceding only one goal when he was on the pitch?

The Oshea who had the highest shots to goal ratio in the Premier league?

The oshea who can play in most positions with relative comfort and who always does a job?

Both of those players have been invaluable to united the past few seasons.

I would be happy for them to stay.

hah, cheers i needed a good laugh, i wouldnt have them anywhere near wolves...

Calaen

No doubt, Wolves are not in the business of buying quality players.

Everz

FH is my second home
No doubt, Wolves are not in the business of buying quality players.

:eek:

For one i dont want another headless chicken (fletcher) and two i dont want a useless shite who can play half good in a few positions..

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
With a hundred million we could splash on huntelaar to replace the goals.

Best not rip the piss out of Chelsea much throwing that kind of money around!

Sorry, say what you want about O'shite, seen him many times and don't personally rate him at all. Clumsy tackler and poor passer from what I've seen. He stands out in that team for all the wrong reasons. Fletcher is a better player but probably wants more play time.

Marc

FH is my second home
CBA to quote everyone but here are my thoughts on a few things.

I feel Huntelaar will be a Kezman rather than a horse head.

Fletcher and O Shea are great squad players to have, SAF realises this. Sorry Everz, but both would walk into wolves team.

Carrick should NOT be replaced. Ask the united fans who watch their team every weeks and they will tell you he has been one of the best players this year.

Calaen

Fletcher and O Shea are great squad players to have, SAF realises this. Sorry Everz, but both would walk into wolves team.

Carrick should NOT be replaced. Ask the united fans who watch their team every weeks and they will tell you he has been one of the best players this year.

I was gutted when we signed Carrick tbh, however he has proved me wrong, his passing is superb and he has been a great addition to the squad.

Everz

FH is my second home

They would.. but i wouldnt want them there is all im saying, the shower of shite we have got in midfield at the moment are no better then them, but no worse either.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I was gutted when we signed Carrick tbh, however he has proved me wrong, his passing is superb and he has been a great addition to the squad.

yet he can't tackle and his work-rate is very low. There are zillions of players who are better on that position.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
yet he can't tackle and his work-rate is very low. There are zillions of players who are better on that position.

Agreed. Carrick is vastly over-rated. Compare him to the quality midfielders at the clubs around him and he doesn't rate at all.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ronaldo has made a lot of comments in interviews, some indicate he will stay, some otherwise. At the end of the day he is on a 5 year contract, United have absolutely no obligation to sell him.

he just need to make 1 statement in the newspaper and they will be more then willing to sell him off. theres always a way to break those contracts. and even if he was gonna have to pay for it i very much doubt he would care all that much financially :)

if he REALLY want to change clubs, theres not a whole lot the current one can do to keep him. not without looking bad anyway.

Marc

FH is my second home

And you base this on what?

Ask the united fans who watch their team week in week out and they will tell you he has been awesome this year.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
You can't have a team of Ronaldo's, players like O'Shea/Fletcher are crucial where they can slot in without any fuss and get on with it.

Carrick not my favourite player, but he does a good job in there.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Lampard
Gerrard
Essien
Cole
Ballack
Scholes
Fabregas
Rosicky
Alonso
Mascherano
Barry
Anderson
Arteta
Makelele (maybe not now, but a few years ago)
Hargreaves
Nolan
Cahill
Giggs
Krancjar
Elano

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Not true, he was shocking at times until January when he learned he was being dropped from the England squad and got his complacent arse in gear. I have seen him play 14 times in the last 2 seasons and his passing range is great but his workrate and bravery is dogshite sadly.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Don't forget Pirlo, Veira, Toure, Poulsen, flamini, albelda, Diarra, Xavi, Park, Keita and Gattuso. We could go on like this for ages.

Marc

FH is my second home
Not true, he was shocking at times until January when he learned he was being dropped from the England squad and got his complacent arse in gear. I have seen him play 14 times in the last 2 seasons and his passing range is great but his workrate and bravery is dogshite sadly.

Hmm, the united forum I was reading, they really rated him. Might be united Bias :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Don't forget Pirlo, Veira, Toure, Poulsen, flamini, albelda, Diarra, Xavi, Park, Keita and Gattuso. We could go on like this for ages.

I was just doing England, don't get me started on the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom