Rolling alb.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
What would people suggest? With rolling new classes?

Never really played albion, so whats easy to exp with etc?

And what guilds around that are recruiting, if anyone would fancy me.:)

Warrior gets abit dull from time to time, so fancy giving alb a try and getting maybe a char or two to 50.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
play what you wanna play is always a good start, no point getting to 50 and realising you've rolled a boring class or a class that you don't enjoy :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Heretic might be fun, perhaps try a Cleric?

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
whats easy to exp with
cabby sorc necro (pet class's easy to lvl with)
caster tics are nice focus and then put a few whacks in at end

other class's lvl but then not as quick

brad

Fledgling Freddie
heretic seems good. Your own buffs etc.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
brad said:
so whats easy to exp with etc?
necro, friar :eek: (with those 2 classes u have NEVER downtime) but those r not rly what u call 'RvR - wanted' classes
think caba also goes fast in lvling (spirit caba :) )

edit: why dont u just roll another class on mid btw?

asyveth

Fledgling Freddie
Novus Coeptum would be willing to take u on.we are a friendly helpful guild that do a variety of different things more info at www.novuscoeptum.com. You can contact me on klerical or any in the signature or jsut ask any1 from novus they point u in right direction.

Nailez

Fledgling Freddie
heretic is a good class to play and fun, BUT seems its the new fotm and groups seem to be far between due to that, alb still doesnt realise the utility in the class, downtime at low levels due to power intensive spells.

friar again good choice but only due to the resists in rvr they are pushed to the side for more utility chars ( alb underestimated), no downtime this guy keeps on pulling endlessly if played correctly

Necro rvr is fraustrating to hell due to pet bugs and pathing, no power downtime due to mana pull. PvE God :p

sorc is good fun but low RR ( learning the class) can be fraustrating to some, crack means smaller downtime as pow regen builds quicker.

Caba again good fun, awesome at higher rr but again pet can be fraustrating due to pathing ( all pet classes are tbh) although caba pet bob is less annoying than necros, used for dmg dealer and healer interupt, can gain power back with reclaim pet.

Theurg spam for teh win, used in alot of rvr grps for interupt mainly, low levels is power intense = alot of downtime.

Wizard very very fun to bolt a guy in a couple of hits, but that only really happens at high RR, at lower levels the best choice for wiz is icer and to get grps, as fire wiz expect harder and smaller mob fights, icer to 40 fire wiz onwards. power intense spells = downtime

my pov is from casters cuz thats what i mainly play, good luck in your choice and yes playing a different realm can bring new life into DAoC, but imo if you are gonna play caster and dont have m8s on alb then i would personally go hib, hib casters hurt ;) , if you want to play unique chars then aye play alb.

Hellsvip

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you need a hand can always pm me and i will see if i can help out

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Who are we gonna hate then? :mad:
This totally ruins teh roleplay imo.

To the point: It's easy really. If you want to be easy to grp you need to play (in this order):
- cleric
- sorc
- banelord tank (so tic is an option)
- theurg, cabalist

I'm not saying the rest of the classes are ungroupable. It's just easier to get/start groups if you play one of the essential classes yourself.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
If you've got a bot cabalist is by far the fastest to level.

Wearing the /level 20 gear you should be able to pull 3/4 oranges at a time easily.

Artorious

Fledgling Freddie
I recon fastest leveling chara in Albion is without a doubt the necromancer either:

Solo, - Deathsight to 50
Groups, - Deathsight untill 40 then respec to Deathservant (Avalon City groups) 8)

hope this is some help.

stellaartois

One of Freddy's beloved
tic is fun to play in rvr
but then again so is a sorc
tic lvl up much eazier tho ans as mentioned own buffs healing rezzing + nuking and melee attacks
:drink:

Martok

Part of the furniture
if you roll alb give me a shout brad i might have some old shit for ya :fluffle:

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks martok......my bain of keep takes.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
got loads of aurulite if you need any, give me a shout.

rolled a heretic myself, easy to level solo, also made a necro on the side, plan on making a cleric next

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Let me know if you need a leveling partner Brad. :worthy:

And welcome to Albion - One less worthy enemy gone... Sad

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Bradlex turning into... (all albs look away now please) alb scum!

*Prepares the shears, and puts brad's name on them*

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If, for whatever reason, I had to begin again the Albion classes i'd most be interested in trying in RvR is:

Necromancer, because theres so few and like most classes that I like, im sure theres a way to find a good spec/way to play them.

Friar, because they are good, but most albs don't seem interested in them. And its our only ST classes (you easymoders get 2 ST classes each). And again, it saves money on BB's.

Heretic. Wouldn't want to play one myself, its just a rehashed reaver, but Albion needs all the monster rezzers it can get.

My personal choice would be friar, but i'd also like to see more RvR active necros.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Friar, because they are good, but most albs don't seem interested in them. And its our only ST classes (you easymoders get 2 ST classes each). And again, it saves money on BB's.

Ah, interesting, which second class in midgård besides the Thane has ST?

/j

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
Necromancer, because theres so few and like most classes that I like, im sure theres a way to find a good spec/way to play them.
I thought so too, so i templated my necro to try it out in RvR.
Ooh the agony, im sure it can be fun, but the pathing in NF is so fricking bad and you cant use boats or port "at all" because you loose your pet and therefore buffs if you do. That means doorstepping or runnning through Agramon each time you die. :/

I gave it pretty quickly, its not my idea of fun. But some do make it work, my hats of for them.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
go for a friar brad! every morning i wake i give myself a pounding on the head with a stick that i didn't roll a friar.

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
Thanks martok......my bain of keep takes.

Give me a shout in game mate - im sure i can bump you from lvl 1-30 in no time or 20-30 if u are /level

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom