RIP Robin Williams

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'm on lamotragine for seizures...that was originally for bipolar..are you taking it

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
No, I am on escitalopram but I was recently offered amitriptyline for my migraines, that was one of the previous pills that completely fucked me up so I obviously said no. I am on anti seizure/epilepsy drugs for my migraines though I take topiramate. Which you aren't meant to take if you have a history of depression but they thought it would be fine and I haven't felt any different mentally and my migraines are less.

Angrist

Part of the furniture
RIP R.W. and thanks for the laughs.

I've been on and off antidepressants for the good part of 10 years now. Was hospitalized for almost 6 months when i first got diagnozed with severe depression.
I tried to end it all some years back, i was in a really bad place, catatonic, found myself useless in each and every way. I survived, that's how thick i am eh? ;)
Anyway.. The grief and sadness that incident brought upon my loved ones have deterred me from ever seriously thinking about doing something like that again, but i can fully appreciate how it for some people is the only way out.
Haven't been medicated for a couple of years now, the fear of getting depressed again is with me every day though, it's a horrible condition, so negative and destructive. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If Russia actually does start flinging missiles our way i promise you that i'll try my hardest to stand right at the center of the first impact. :)

You and me both then. You live in Stockholm right?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Apparently he was diagnosed with parkinson disease earlier this week. Confirmed by his widow

Job

Yeah parkinsons..probably his worst nightmare..also speculation of depression caused by major heart surgery on his valves which he had ragged with cocaine.

I think my dad takes those for his migraines which he developed in later years..he says they changed his life and the migraines stopped completely.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
They make me grumpy all the time :D seriously, they make me more level, I am more predictable. I still have day's where for maybe an hour I am really fun then the next hour I am the most miserable shit ever but before I would have 2 weeks where I was manic and then two weeks where I wouldn't leave my room, go to work, answer the phone (I still hate phones though), if I did leave the house it was like I was looking at myself walking the streets looking at people looking at me and if I tried to do something that involved concentration it was like my hands weren't mine. I was at one point diagnosed with M.E, this was before manic depression (or bi-polar as it's called now) was seen as a condition I guess, then I was offered that electro therapy thing that I declined. It has took 20 years to get me straight though Russ, 20 years of different pills, some made me worse and some made me see things that weren't there. It is a horrible fucking thing that can destroy *everything*

Edit - Can I just add, there has been a couple of times in recent years where I have felt the *tingle* of it creeping, like a fog falling very slowly and I get angry about it and tell myself I'm tougher than that, I get really fucking annoyed that myself is doing that to myself again and that does help. I know some people can't do that but that did seem to work for me, you know, fighting it. But I am in a position to fight it, I have love in my life..........I think.
Where's the man-hug rating when you need it?
When i read this post the selfish small person in me that i so wish didn't exist thought - "I'm so fucking glad that's not me" (Sorry about that @Trem :unsure:). But when i got to the last edited part the hopeless romantic in me thought - "Fuck yeah man! You show them! Stand up to your inner demons and tell them who's in control".

Thank you for sharing, I never had first hand experience with this (that i know of) and this insight gives a better understanding of the problems some might suffer from.
:cheers:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think the parkinsons diagnosis is probably the thing that pushed him over the edge, he was already depressed, had financial problems as well apparently and then this hits him? starting to become a bit more clear just how much he had on his shoulders.

Trem

Where's the man-hug rating when you need it?
When i read this post the selfish small person in me that i so wish didn't exist thought - "I'm so fucking glad that's not me" (Sorry about that @Trem :unsure:). But when i got to the last edited part the hopeless romantic in me thought - "Fuck yeah man! You show them! Stand up to your inner demons and tell them who's in control".

Thank you for sharing, I never had first hand experience with this (that i know of) and this insight gives a better understanding of the problems some might suffer from.
:cheers:

Thank you @Lakih :D

People find it weird that a big, tattooed, shaven headed lump of a man like me talks like I do when I get going, I like that as well.

It is a mental thing but it sure as hell feels physical when it hit's.

russell

FH is my second home
Thank you @Lakih :D

People find it weird that a big, tattooed, shaven headed lump of a man like me talks like I do when I get going, I like that as well.

It is a mental thing but it sure as hell feels physical when it hit's.
Missed you Trem xxxxx

Job

Got me thinking when Rip Torn died..dill people still write rip torn rip

Trem

It would be Rip Rip Torn you drunken fool.

Job

How weird..I'm sure I heard he had...must investigate.

Ahhhh death hoax...well hurry up you old bastard..we have a joke waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom