Rewarding Work

Benefit capping, how do you feel about this?

• Total voters

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Those things in red do not really stand up. . The independent report suggested a pay rise. They said no. And agreed in the end the yes ok but let's take away benefits so the pay rise is a hell of a lot less.

Funny dying forced in to work

Red tops r us

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Those things in red do not really stand up. . The independent report suggested a pay rise. They said no. And agreed in the end the yes ok but let's take away benefits so the pay rise is a hell of a lot less.

Funny dying forced in to work

Red tops r us

Not sure how old the picture is tbh, just thought it was quite amusing and more than likely accurate in most areas :p I think the suggested pay rise is 6% tho rather than 15%

As for the dying being forced to work that was an old one iirc, sure there was a story back in 2012 because IDS basically said "Terminally ill people will have to work or risk losing their benefits" or something along those lines, I shall try and dig it up when this movie is finished.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Why should the government spend time pursuing people for perfectly legal tax avoidance? And why does the picture say the tax cut was at the top end only, when the threshold for paying tax at the lower end has been significantly raised?

Because the image was probably created by someone working at The Mirror.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Most people ended up being slightly better off with regards to income tax.

I still think the tories...in the same way as all political parties, are a set of cunts but my disposable income has gone up since they have been in power.

Still going to just draw a massive penis on my ballot paper though.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why should the government spend time pursuing people for perfectly legal tax avoidance? And why does the picture say the tax cut was at the top end only, when the threshold for paying tax at the lower end has been significantly raised?

Because the image was probably created by someone working at The Mirror.

I don't think its a case of "Get hidden taxes back" I think its more a case of "Why should they legally be allowed to skip out on millions in taxes while the rest of us are having to pay full taxes?" I understand its legal even tho it is morally wrong.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Most people ended up being slightly better off with regards to income tax.

I still think the tories...in the same way as all political parties, are a set of cunts but my disposable income has gone up since they have been in power.

Still going to just draw a massive penis on my ballot paper though.

I just don't vote anymore, have absolutely no faith in any of the parties the UK has to offer.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Then you should vote that way and spoil your ballot. They are recorded and taken as a "none of you cunts vote". If everyone who didn't vote because there was nobody they liked, spoiled their paper then we would be much more democratic.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I just don't vote anymore, have absolutely no faith in any of the parties the UK has to offer.
It should be a criminal offense not to vote. The only reason it's not is because you'd have to be able to prove you did and that starts getting dodgy.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't think its a case of "Get hidden taxes back" I think its more a case of "Why should they legally be allowed to skip out on millions in taxes while the rest of us are having to pay full taxes?" I understand its legal even tho it is morally wrong.

Well I don't pay "full taxes". Every single tiny little tax-deductible bit of spending I incur goes through my books. I therefore avoid several thousand pounds of tax, each year.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Yeah but you're not offshoring your earnings (I assume) in a scheme that only exists to reduce taxes and no other operational reason.

And why the facepalm?

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
This is not a comprehensive list, but it gives you an idea of how seemingly innocent questions are used to justify HCP decisions to pass you as “fit for work.”Mental Health:

And why not ?

I would have thought the answers to those 'seemingly innocent' questions, together with surveillance of the claiments conduct from the moment of arrival to the point at which they leave would provide a more accurate portrayal of their true capabilties than say, a basic physical examination & a few questions.

However, you've already outed yourself as a nutcase, so perhaps that is a little hard to understand.

(hoho)

rynnor

Rockhound
Then you should vote that way and spoil your ballot. They are recorded and taken as a "none of you cunts vote". If everyone who didn't vote because there was nobody they liked, spoiled their paper then we would be much more democratic.

I hear this but it makes no sense - if the % of people who bother to vote gets stupidly low they lose all legitimacy anyway.

There is no real democracy in this country because the political establishment are basically homogenous and differences between parties are basically cosmetic.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They may lose legitimacy morally but they don't give a fuck about that. I would rather see 60% of the population voting for nobody than people winning with as little as 20% of the vote (or whatever it was)

rynnor

Rockhound
They may lose legitimacy morally but they don't give a fuck about that. I would rather see 60% of the population voting for nobody than people winning with as little as 20% of the vote (or whatever it was)

Both actions are largely pointless - nothing will change without a grassroots movement to change it and there's no sign of it yet.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The only thing I can say is lol @ the idiots who voted Tory thinking they had changed, Never have and never will vote Tory, there is a reason maybe older people you know will say don't vote Tory because they fucked us over last time.

First time in my life I bothered to vote on the last election and it will be my last.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
bit harsh imo.

I just stuck him on ignore tbh, I have no time for someone that was clearly the result of a chimpanzee masturbating into a bathtub and a woman with a minge like the channel tunnel just letting it slide in like a tide of pure filth.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah but you're not offshoring your earnings (I assume) in a scheme that only exists to reduce taxes and no other operational reason.

And why the facepalm?

If I could, I would. And the facepalm is because making it a criminal offence not to vote is just about the least democratic thing one could think of.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If I could, I would. And the facepalm is because making it a criminal offence not to vote is just about the least democratic thing one could think of.

I'm pretty sure its not the least democratic thing one could think of. Is it Australia where you're legally obliged to vote?

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm pretty sure its not the least democratic thing one could think of. Is it Australia where you're legally obliged to vote?

Australia is the land of the beurocrat though - they have laws on how to hang your bog paper and wipe your arse down there (fill out form 11(c)v3.12 1974).

Chilly

Balls of steel
Personally, I think part of living in a democracy is voting. I've not read any political science or philosophy so I may well be missing glaring problems, but to me I feel I have a civic duty to vote in some way or another (either by spoiling, voting for a big party or some spaghetti monster joker). In the same way I have a duty to support those around me, I have a duty to cast my opinion on our leadership. Maybe that's not what a democracy is *really* about in the literature, but it seems a pretty decent set of principles from which stem a lot of the good things we have these days.

Also from my PoV, those who don't vote are lazy. Spend a few hours once every five years and form an opinion and act on it. It really is not asking very much.

rynnor

Rockhound
Also from my PoV, those who don't vote are lazy.

Surely not voting is part of being free - from their perspective people who vote in joke elections must appear foolish. I support peoples freedom to choose.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Surely not voting is part of being free - from their perspective people who vote in joke elections must appear foolish. I support peoples freedom to choose.
Joke elections are only a joke because people don't vote properly, though. If all of the people who don't vote because they can't be bothered found a candidate they liked and actually voted politics would immediately change. Things will only decline slowly and re-enforce this crappy 2.5 party system as time goes on unless something forces people to vote, imho.

Essentially: you get exactly the government you deserve. And we have done.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I actually think they are doing OK with an extremely tough situation, I voted for them not because I like them or believe in them but they were the least worse option out of the two. Can you imagine what sort of cluster fuck we would have been in if Labour were still in charge?

Chilly

Balls of steel
I actually think they are doing OK with an extremely tough situation, I voted for them not because I like them or believe in them but they were the least worse option out of the two. Can you imagine what sort of cluster fuck we would have been in if Labour were still in charge?

How about if we had a coalition of 3 of the smaller parties? There's lots of things that *could* happen, but never do because people only ever vote 3 ways which are increasingly the same. If labour were still in charge, I expect all that would be different is that poor people would be treated slightly better and house prices would not have been artificially boosted quite as much. The wider economy is so reliant on everyone else I doubt the tories have actually influenced it a great deal.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dunno, something needed to change and perhaps you are right but Labour wanted to just carry on regardless...the wastage had to stop, especially in the public sector.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I dunno, something needed to change and perhaps you are right but Labour wanted to just carry on regardless...the wastage had to stop, especially in the public sector.
And you think it's stopped? MoD procurement is as dire as ever, vanity projects from cabinet are as BS as ever (Big Society), pension defecits across public and private sector are as fucked as ever, banks are as monolithic and unstable as ever. The tories have cut taxes for the rich with schemes like EIS and SEIS which allow hundreds of thousands of pounds a year in capital gains to be offset against income tax, we've pulled back from the very institution that could help us stabilise global trade and economics (the EU) because in the short term it's better for us.

There are some fundamental issues with our society that mean any government taking charge can only ever scratch the surface. People get older and less productive, pension schemes become less well funded as our diminishing empire provides us with less and less free money.

We're still accumulating debt, the defecit has gone UP since the tories took charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom