Result?

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Because you become suddenly fixated on their jubblies or posterior.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ah bloody typical a thread about speeding pops up on the forums.

Mum was taken into hospital on Tuesday so rushed to the hospital as you do. Spent a few hours with her and then left to go home.

Travelling home on the A3 I joined the A31 (Hogs Back) and some Corsa was pissing me off by cutting me up etc. My mind was on my mum and eventually he pulled over so I decided to accelerate past the twat straight into a speed trap, brakes came on pretty hard. I hope I got caught doing 75ish in a 60zone. (It is a dual carriageway).

First offence in 21 years of driving if I get a letter thru the post. :(

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
im waiting for the next step too deebs (already got notificatiopn that I was speeding through a part of Glasgow.

Thing that ticks me off (was going to St Andrews on vacation, but I was behind (and losing ground) on a 4x4 towing a caravan and i think I was the one that was flashed.

how long do you need to wait between being asked if you were the owner/driver of the vehicle and being hit with the fine?

24 years of driving with nada

throdgrain

FH is my second home
im waiting for the next step too deebs (already got notificatiopn that I was speeding through a part of Glasgow.

Thing that ticks me off (was going to St Andrews on vacation, but I was behind (and losing ground) on a 4x4 towing a caravan and i think I was the one that was flashed.

how long do you need to wait between being asked if you were the owner/driver of the vehicle and being hit with the fine?

The fact that you was losing ground to a 4x4 towing a caravan rather negates the premise set out in your sig, you sad loser :p

Fweddy

FH is my second home
That would imply you have had interaction with a female!! I beg to differ :p

Wij has had plenty of interaction with women, and he has the restraining orders to prove it.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!

14 days, if you hear nothing within 14 days there is not a thing they can do. As soon as you reply it can take a while to hear back from them.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ah bloody typical a thread about speeding pops up on the forums.

Mum was taken into hospital on Tuesday so rushed to the hospital as you do. Spent a few hours with her and then left to go home.

Travelling home on the A3 I joined the A31 (Hogs Back) and some Corsa was pissing me off by cutting me up etc. My mind was on my mum and eventually he pulled over so I decided to accelerate past the twat straight into a speed trap, brakes came on pretty hard. I hope I got caught doing 75ish in a 60zone. (It is a dual carriageway).

First offence in 21 years of driving if I get a letter thru the post. :(

:(

Only time i got points was day after my dad got diagnosed with cancer when I was driving up to see him

They should be sued for causing eotional distress heh
#

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I passed my test not long ago. It's funny how quickly the speedlimits become an "Optional Extra" as soon as there isn't an instructor sitting next to you :p 30 mile an hour zones became 45. Any national speed limit road I decided there was no upper limit because i was so awesome and in control of the car.

Then I got flashed by a speedcamera (bastard things) on a journey i do regularly. And realised if i wanted to keep my liscence i basically had to slow down. so the next time i did the journey i kept my eye on the speedometer and never went above the limit. Turns out that doing it like that, the journey didn't drag by as i thought it would. there was pretty much no difference. this was only a 50 mile or so trip but still. Speeding seems kinda pointless now :p

And the lesson is obviously that its more important to keep your licence than it is to drive safely :rolleyes:

Litmus

Resident Freddy
I hit a speedbump at about 90kmph.

In a Land Rover Discovery

Scared the shit out of me.

And it was a bigger speedbump than that as well. The car flew, and started to tip forward because of it being front-heavy due to the engine.

Scary moment, particularly as I was driving without a license and uninsured at the time.

All legal now though, but i do travel at 120kmph on average, on the way to work everyday. I dont think i'm ever going to adjust when I come back to the UK and have to face speed-cameras, narrow 1-lane roads and more traffic

heh, i was going down a A road duel carriage way at 90mph in the pouring rain when all of a sudden i noticed a huge puddle had formed in the road, streching from one side to the other and about 2m long. All i did is try to slow down as much as possible before i hit it. Took my foot off the brake and held the steering wheel and as straight and hard as possible as i went through it. I dont think the car actualy went through the puddle at all as i didnt feel anything on the steering wheel which was abit strange, must of just glided over the top of it.

Dont think ill be doing that again anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The problem is that when going that speed there is fuck all you can do when the "empty" motorway suddently isnt empty anymore. And if the obstacle is a human you will be regreting your idiocy until the day you die. I have a friend who had that exact thing happen to him, it took him months to become somewhat normal again - the family of the middle aged woman killed by his car will never be alright.

Speeding is fucking stupid, and to you who are proud of your speeding i can only hope that someone else isnt going to have to pay the price for your actions.

Couple of things about this (sorry I've not visted the thread in a while) but:

1) How can an empty motorway "suddenly" not be empty? If you see an obstacle apply the breaks. Simple.

2) If the obstacle is a human - I'm guessing in a car, if so see above, if not - what's he doing walking on a motorway?

3) I disagree that "speeding is fucking stupid". It's a blanket statement that simply doesn't apply.

4) I've already got a deep understanding on how losing family members in motorway accidents affects people for their whole lives - and I still can't bring myself to think that...because it's simply not true.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Man, I wish I'd taken the time to read the thread before posting my last one...

...but since I refuse to learn from my mistakes:

You've obviously never had a deer run out in front of you, bloody scary at 100+ actually bloody scary at 40...

Not worried about hitting deer m8. In fact, hit a pheasant once and whacked it in the boot and plucked, gutted, washed and roasted the f*cker when I got home.

Hitting animalz for teh win!!11!! :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Man, I wish I'd taken the time to read the thread before posting my last one...

...but since I refuse to learn from my mistakes:

Not worried about hitting deer m8. In fact, hit a pheasant once and whacked it in the boot and plucked, gutted, washed and roasted the f*cker when I got home.

Hitting animalz for teh win!!11!! :)

I think you'll find a deer is a lot stronger, heavier and more resistant to being hit by a car than a pheasant....you may find you are being plucked, gutted , washed, roasted and put in a little urn...

Trem

Now I am less thankful for not being banned :D -

The speed kills campaign is bollocks, they are called safety cameras because what are they meant to call them government cash machines? Motorways need to have the speed limit raised and there needs to be more traffic police around on urban roads rather than sitting on motorway bridges. Wasn't the speed limit brought in in the 60s? Aren't cars a hell of a lot safer now than then? Do we still not have more deaths on our motorways than they do on the Autobahn?

We desperately need a government cash machine on our road but its a long straight road so there is nowhere to hide it to make more money so it will never happen. Its a 30mph road and apart from me and Samm I don't think anyone does less than 50mph along it.

I was wrong for speeding because its against the law so I shouldn't of done it, but the motorway was clear, it was sunny and I so dearly wanted to get home. For the record the stretch of motorway where I was caught is one of the quietest, safest and most lucrative in the country as far as speeding tickets go. Take from that what you will, but if they are safety cameras why are they on one of the safest stretches of motorway in the country? Maybe because its quiet and there is lots of bridges, hills and bends for them to hide behind/on.

Will

/bin/su
Speed cameras are revenue neutral, traffic cops cost money. I can understand why a Chief Constable, when the budget is a bit tight, might slap down a lot of cameras and move his active officers elsewhere.

I'll not write any more, I've got to go to a meeting I'm afraid. I might come back to this half-written point later...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Speed Cameras cost a bloody fortune! You could probably pay about 5 police on what 1 camera costs!

Trem

I think they are about 30 grand each.

Will

/bin/su
The speeding tickets pay for the camera over its operating lifetime, or something like that.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I think they are about 30 grand each.

I thought they cost a lot more than that. Still thats the cost of 1 policeman salary for a year...he can do a lot more than a silly camera

G

speed cameras are nazi cash cows, its just another indirect taxation.

Trem

I totally agree Dys.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I thought they cost a lot more than that. Still thats the cost of 1 policeman salary for a year...he can do a lot more than a silly camera

Except a Police Officer's costs (thank you Nicholas Angel), are a lot more than just their salary. Throw in training, pensions, overheads, equipment etc. and a beat cop probably costs 2-3 times his salary. Suddenly you can start to see why cameras are attractive to police forces (sorry, "safety partnerships") even before you start to look at the cash they generate. Not saying I think cameras are a good thing, far, far, from it, but I understand the logic.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Anyway 125mph on an empty motorway is fine. The Germans seem to manage on trafficed motorways at that speed.

The problem with that comparison is that German autobahns are in MUCH better condition than our motorways. Our motorways are filled with potholes, poor surfaces and in many places they are not lit, and some have non-standard lane widths. They were designed with high speeds in mind: our motorways are not.

While you may think you are safe at 125, you aren't, because the roads are not designed to be safe at those roads. Even highly skilled, highly trained police drivers dislike travelling at these speeds due to the fact that our roads aren't designed for those speeds.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
well, the cnuts have just sent me the ultimatum.............£60 and 3 points :(

and to add insult to injury, a police van wooshed past me on the motorway (speed limit 50 and I was doing 50)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well if its an emergency I don't see anything wrong with them driving a bit fast and getting through the traffic tbh.

I'd rather they get there a few minutes early than a few minutes too late...

The thing also is those 3points take ages to go away!!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
no sign of an emergency.

no lights, no siren, waiting patiently in line when they got to the roundabout!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom