Result?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Some of you may remember from the Petrolheads part of the forum that I was caught speeding in Scotland last year. I was doing a mental speed (106mph) but it was on a clear motorway in good weather, even so it was excessive.

I had my second court diet today and I was advised to plead not guilty by my solicitor, I ignored her advice and pleaded guilty.

It seems I got a lenient judge because I have been given 6 points and a £200 fine, it does take my points to 9 but even so everyone including my solicitor said it is an instant ban when doing over 100mph.

Tom recomended to visit the forum Pepipoo which apparently fights for the justice of motorists, can I suggest you don't visit there if any of you are in a similar boat. I posted the video of me speeding on Pepipoo and the courts saw this and basically my solicitor went ape shit with me, for my eyes only and all that. I was advised many things but in the end I decided to man up and take it on the chin, which was 100% the right thing to do, I listened to my feelings and was sick of trying to worm out of it as advised.

For the record it has slowed me down.

Anyways I'm a bit drunk and bloody relieved this is all over, it has actually been a nightmare.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
good result Tremor - keep it sl;ow and safe.

im waiting for the letter through the door soon :(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yay for common sense mate, you did the right thing and while punished you got away lightly by being able to keep your licence. It does not always pay to try and skirt the law I am glad you found that out by making your own decision.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Bloody good job Trem, and an excellent result too mate.

I'm pleased for you, and proud of you.

When do the previous 3 points run out? You'll be on a knife edge until they do!

RB

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You were prolly right to take it on the chin, cos it tend to aid leniency :p

Next time dont get caught :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Good work Trem, i'm gonna take your advice and come off the loud pedal.

I've been going through a weird patch of late and had a totally irresponsible attitude towards things, one of which was doing 125 mph on the M8 at 4am the other night (dry, not another car on either side of the road). I won't be doing that again since that would be an insta-ban.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm in court next Wednesday to explain why I shouldn't lose my licence. Ho Hum.

Trem

I was in no way slagging Tom off for telling me to go to Pepipoo btw.

Big G - in Scotland its as bad as murder if you speed, go careful.

Bodhi - good luck chum, it won't be as bad as in Scotland, awful courts.

Thanks guys, woke up today with a really bad neck from all the driving I did yesterday :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well done Trem.

good luck to you other guys eh.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Didn't sound like a very good solicitor...

Well done Trem! You done good!

Good Luck Bodhi!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
V. surprised you didn't get a ban. When I was in a similar situation a few years back (117mph on the M18), like you I threw myself on the mercy of the Court. Got a ban, but it was only 28 days and crucially I didn't get points, or much of a fine, but the magistrate did say that a ban for doing over 100 was obligatory.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's cos he looks like a highlander ;)

Trem

One of the dodgy jocks in the court was called Donald, so when they called his name my mate said "wheres your troosers" I kind of don't have to tell you this but he got lots of evil looks.

A courtroom is a great leveller, they all strut in thinking they are Sean Connery but as soon as they are in the box they are like little puppies.

Dumfries is a bloody shit hole as well, no offence if anyone lives there but jesus christ its a dump.

Dys - my solicitor was great and sexy as well, but in all fairness I don't think the judge gave a shit, he wasn't listening to anything the solicitors said, he had already made his mind up. Like for the guy who stole a £1800 pressure washer and in the process scared an elderly lady half to death, he got a £180 fine to be paid £5 a fortnight.

The correct advice was to plead not guilty and hope they couldn't identify me from the video, I just got a gut feeling to plead guilty and like I said earlier to just take it on the chin.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There is no legal speed which will get you automatically banned.

Anything over 100 mph though is normally treated very seriously, and will often result in a ban.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
For the record it has slowed me down.

Anyways I'm a bit drunk and bloody relieved this is all over, it has actually been a nightmare.

Its commendable that you've slowed down Tremster but there's no excuse for the drink driving.

TdC

I bet he's watching a dvd too, while stroking his budgie :eek:

TdC

I could say that's impossible because she's not a bird but that would open me up to all kinds of dodgy comments, so I'll counter by claiming that it's impossible because I know her to not be within arms reach of you, budgie stroker! ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've been going through a weird patch of late and had a totally irresponsible attitude towards things, one of which was doing 125 mph on the M8 at 4am the other night (dry, not another car on either side of the road).

Just to take the exact opposite stance of most of you - I can't see the problem with doing 125mph on an empty motorway. The only person at risk is yourself and, frankly, if people want to risk their own lives then fair enough.

Whether it's worth it is another matter altogether...

:)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

TdC

you don't know my mrs :eek:

after killing you she'll prolly agonize about having her clothes clash with the blood on the walls and the colour of her toenails :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Cheers folks, still no idea why I've to go to court to be honest with you. I've got 3 points on my licence for failing to supply driver details, and I'm in court cos I kinda ran the lights at a level crossing when I was late for work. Not exactly proud of it (although the police report made it sound like an awesome bit of driving.....), but I've checked on the dvla website and it carries a maximum of 3 points. So that would put me on 6. So why am I in court? Is this because the DVLA are useless and havent sent me my licence back from when I changed address and had the points put on?

Trem

If you don't respond to the NiP within a certain time you have to go to court.

Are you at Stafford or Fenton? Stafford court is the favourite, quite a nice experience when I went there, it was totally empty apart from me :D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Just to take the exact opposite stance of most of you - I can't see the problem with doing 125mph on an empty motorway. The only person at risk is yourself and, frankly, if people want to risk their own lives then fair enough.

Whether it's worth it is another matter altogether...

:)

Strangely, it didn't feel that fast, not in sixth gear anyway. That 1 series is so stable at high speed, love it to bits.

I do agree, but at the end of the day, it's the law, gotta stick with it sadly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom