Result?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
it's the law, gotta stick with it sadly :(

Well, you don't have to...

Lets face it - the law is a pretty piss poor tool to keep people in line. As I go through life I never think "is this illegal" or "ooooh, I wonder if the government sanctioned this" etc. etc.

I do whatever I want, when I want to. And just like most people I choose to do stuff that just happens to be within the law. 'cause I'm a nice person! If they scrapped all the laws tomorrow I wouldn't turn into an axe murderer or start robbing people's houses - and neither would most people.

"The law" is just for the 5% of society that choose to act like cnuts. And, frankly, it doesn't work for them either - which is why they repeatedly get banged up.

Law counts for both "fuck" and "all" IMHO :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If you don't respond to the NiP within a certain time you have to go to court.

Are you at Stafford or Fenton? Stafford court is the favourite, quite a nice experience when I went there, it was totally empty apart from me :D

I'm at Newcastle :/ I've already had one court date and I was quite happy for them to try me in my absence, but I couldn't supply my driving licence as the DVLA still had it. Hence the case getting adjourned and me getting this scary letter.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Newcastle is a bit grim as well. Loads of the Knutton scrags in there.

Good luck anyway chum.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I hit a speedbump at about 90kmph.

In a Land Rover Discovery

Scared the shit out of me.

And it was a bigger speedbump than that as well. The car flew, and started to tip forward because of it being front-heavy due to the engine.

Scary moment, particularly as I was driving without a license and uninsured at the time.

All legal now though, but i do travel at 120kmph on average, on the way to work everyday. I dont think i'm ever going to adjust when I come back to the UK and have to face speed-cameras, narrow 1-lane roads and more traffic

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
120kph is sod all tho :p

Yeah, that's only, what, 75mph? The police won't even twitch the radar gun if you do that on the motorway, not worth the paperwork. Even the speed cameras set on "cnut" wouldn't fire until 77mph, and most don't until 80-85.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Munkey is such a noob though. My 4x4 cruises at 90 all day long no worries ;)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
My poor little cibber couldnt speed 'properly' if it wanted to :( and it really, really does! :D

Tops out at about 75/80, although I've only really had 80 indicated after 10 minutes of revving the bollocks off of it on a clear bit of A road.

I guess its still enough to get caught doing 60 in 40 though!

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
The maximum i hit is 140 on the way to work, theres no road long enough in Doha to get it any higher.

Fastest i've gone is 160 on teh way back from the beach. Very long, very straight road and I was late getting the car home.

You've shattered my illusion of speed demonosity :(

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Just to take the exact opposite stance of most of you - I can't see the problem with doing 125mph on an empty motorway. The only person at risk is yourself and, frankly, if people want to risk their own lives then fair enough.

Whether it's worth it is another matter altogether...

:)

The problem is that when going that speed there is fuck all you can do when the "empty" motorway suddently isnt empty anymore. And if the obstacle is a human you will be regreting your idiocy until the day you die. I have a friend who had that exact thing happen to him, it took him months to become somewhat normal again - the family of the middle aged woman killed by his car will never be alright.

Speeding is fucking stupid, and to you who are proud of your speeding i can only hope that someone else isnt going to have to pay the price for your actions.

Bodhi

The problem is that when going that speed there is fuck all you can do when the "empty" motorway suddently isnt empty anymore. And if the obstacle is a human you will be regreting your idiocy until the day you die. I have a friend who had that exact thing happen to him, it took him months to become somewhat normal again - the family of the middle aged woman killed by his car will never be alright.

Speeding is fucking stupid, and to you who are proud of your speeding i can only hope that someone else isnt going to have to pay the price for your actions.

Er, no actually. If I came across a human obstacle on a motorway at 125mph I'd wonder what the fuck some nutty middle aged woman was doing walking down a motorway at 4am.

Anyway 125mph on an empty motorway is fine. The Germans seem to manage on trafficed motorways at that speed.

Oh sorry folks rememeber Speed Kills!

But sanctimony makes you a loser.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Er, no actually. If I came across a human obstacle on a motorway at 125mph I'd wonder what the fuck some nutty middle aged woman was doing walking down a motorway at 4am.

Anyway 125mph on an empty motorway is fine. The Germans seem to manage on trafficed motorways at that speed.

Agreed. But hey, the law's to protect the stupid, right?

Dukat

Resident Freddy

Was thinking the exact same thing actually!

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH

You've obviously never had a deer run out in front of you, bloody scary at 100+ actually bloody scary at 40...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
You've obviously never had a deer run out in front of you, bloody scary at 100+ actually bloody scary at 40...

Random events dont happen to speeders though. you should know that people that choose to speed have special powers to stop anything untoward happening.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Random events dont happen to speeders though. you should know that people that choose to speed have special powers to stop anything untoward happening.

Typical girl logic.

Bodhi

I have actually. Not on the motorway that tends not to happen. I've hit a pigeon at 95, that was amusing.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
In my first post I said the courts saw my video.

How scary is that, they obviously have someone who sits on Pepipoo looking for stuff that shouldn't be there. My stomach almost dropped out my arse when my solicitor told me, quite a scary thought especially after the other stuff I had said on there.

Thats why I suggest you don't visit Pepipoo or if you do don't say anything incriminating.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No doubt they do. I'm sure they will gather any evidence they can to aide their case...

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
I have actually. Not on the motorway that tends not to happen. I've hit a pigeon at 95, that was amusing.

got you beat on that - hit 2 pigeons (on an A class road doing about 60)

like an explosion in a pillow factory - feathers everywhere.

I thought it was amusing - till I found out one had smashed my number plate and the other wrecked my grill.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I was travelling along country roads at about 5am after a party, at really rather high speed, in a car driven by a Jaguar pilot from RAF Coltishall back in about 1992.

A crow or something flew out of the hedge to our left and hit the screen bang on and pretty much exploded. The screen was just covered in blood and feathers.

The pilot calmly said, 'Ooops, birdstrike!', flicked the wipers on and continued at a similar pace.

My respect for fast jet pilots was reinforced.

Reminds me of midnight, lights off drives, with 'borrowed' NVG's...

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
I passed my test not long ago. It's funny how quickly the speedlimits become an "Optional Extra" as soon as there isn't an instructor sitting next to you :p 30 mile an hour zones became 45. Any national speed limit road I decided there was no upper limit because i was so awesome and in control of the car.

Then I got flashed by a speedcamera (bastard things) on a journey i do regularly. And realised if i wanted to keep my liscence i basically had to slow down. so the next time i did the journey i kept my eye on the speedometer and never went above the limit. Turns out that doing it like that, the journey didn't drag by as i thought it would. there was pretty much no difference. this was only a 50 mile or so trip but still. Speeding seems kinda pointless now :p

bob269

Fledgling Freddie

How are you fixed to drive around Trem's lawn a few times?

Altho probably wont do the existing grass much good :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
grass won't get much worse tbh :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
High speed bird collisons are always funny! :D

birds keep flying INTO our house. about 10 minutes ago one launched its self at my bedroom window, scared the shit out of me.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Therefore I must come to your abode, baked and watch this amusing spectacle.

It's funny enough watching my cat trying to leap out my loftroom window and nutting the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom