Result?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
you should have taken their number plate and car number and reported them to the police...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The problem with that comparison is that German autobahns are in MUCH better condition than our motorways. Our motorways are filled with potholes, poor surfaces and in many places they are not lit, and some have non-standard lane widths. They were designed with high speeds in mind: our motorways are not.

While you may think you are safe at 125, you aren't, because the roads are not designed to be safe at those roads. Even highly skilled, highly trained police drivers dislike travelling at these speeds due to the fact that our roads aren't designed for those speeds.

The other problem with that comparison is that its not actually true. We have the lowest motorway death rate in Europe. However, the Germans usually point out that the deaths on German Autobahns are usually not due to derestricted roads, but to roadworks or the weather (when they do have speed limits). Draw your own conclusions...

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Man, I wish I'd taken the time to read the thread before posting my last one...

...but since I refuse to learn from my mistakes:

Not worried about hitting deer m8. In fact, hit a pheasant once and whacked it in the boot and plucked, gutted, washed and roasted the f*cker when I got home.

Hitting animalz for teh win!!11!! :)
You should be worried, if you hit a dear at 30 you will most probably write off your car. If you hit it over 70 you'll be lucky to survive.
My mum once hit a dear at between 30 and 40, it was only a fawn. Completely fucked the front of the car and the little bugger got up and bounded off (although i suspect it died nastily at some later date) Car was totalled.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The problem with that comparison is that German autobahns are in MUCH better condition than our motorways. Our motorways are filled with potholes, poor surfaces and in many places they are not lit, and some have non-standard lane widths. They were designed with high speeds in mind: our motorways are not.

While you may think you are safe at 125, you aren't, because the roads are not designed to be safe at those roads. Even highly skilled, highly trained police drivers dislike travelling at these speeds due to the fact that our roads aren't designed for those speeds.

Well yeah but Autobahns are mostly dual carriageways, leaving you with a lot less options if someone pulls out on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom