Reaver ToA template

acei

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried my best at making a ToA template for my reaver but failed miserably, all i need is as much overcap on DEX as possible (upto or slightly above 25) and +10% melee speed. Also of course need good artifacts (not the snakecharmer's whip 4.0spd is pathetic!!!). But i also need the normal stats done e.g. STR/CON/DEX/QUI/PIE, Hits, all resists, flex, shield etc etc.

Do any reavers have some good ToA templates please?

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
acei said:
not the snakecharmer's whip 4.0spd is pathetic

Bit behind on current thinking.

US Reavers who have done their homework are swinging Snakecharmers at 1.57 making it one of the hardest hitting 1 handers in the game, with a nice end/hits/pow tap proc. Pretty sure the lvl 10 ability isn't yet finalised. It needed a nerf as 5 min self-bof was a tad uber, but the nerf was overkill. Be interesting to see how it turns out.

As it is, with the whip in the 2h slot and never losing con, it isn't a bad artifact to have even if you are never going to wield it. Leave it in slot whilst rvr and it will eventually hit 10 giving you an extra tool available.

Have been using the Sun Spiked Flail summoned from the Belt of the Sun last few days. This is very nice and will probably be my main weapon for PvE and RvR.

100% qual
16.5 dps
3.5 spd
+5 flex
+21 str
+5% melee spd
+3% melee damage to all
+3% style damage to all
Energy DD proc with resist debuff

And best of all it never loses dur. Once it drops a point of con just shift-D it...and summon another one.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Skilgannon said:
Bit behind on current thinking.

US Reavers who have done their homework are swinging Snakecharmers at 1.57 making it one of the hardest hitting 1 handers in the game
Which requires +10% melee spd, MoArms, Aug Qui, and a timered haste buff (pot, proc, charge, theurg, whatever).
The only thing I wouldn't be happy with on there is the MoArms (too expensive with pre-reqs for my taste), but ~1.8s is good enough for me (an easy 4 levis after slam with a large shield)...

Skilgannon said:
And best of all it never loses dur. Once it drops a point of con just shift-D it...and summon another one.
Not entirely accurate as the belt is losing dur and once that goes you cannot summon more (which would happen at roughly the same rate as losing dur on a MP weapon anyway) --- though you can delay this happening by not wearing the belt except when you want to summon a weapon (and the 15 minutes beforehand).

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
though you can delay this happening by not wearing the belt except when you want to summon a weapon (and the 15 minutes beforehand).

Pretty much the plan, although it is not a bad belt. Got a belt from one of the named purp scorpions in SD with 10 charges 24% haste. Will probably wear Telgar's Redemption Quest belt, use the haste charges from ROG belt, and use BoS to summon.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
As Pin said there's alot of things required to make the snakecharmer's whip at a good speed, plus because it's a crush type chain is resistant to it's damage so i prefer slash not only for the lack of resistance but also the fact the quickest whip is 3sec :D. I have just gotten the snakecharmer's whip though :) but it'll just be going in the two handed slot, staying their till lvl 10 and then i'll try it out a bit :)

Anyone got any ToA templates yet then plz? Or can point me to a VN Board Reaver template for ToA as i can't find any still?

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Silmarwen said:
snakecharmer's slash Oo
Could have sworn it said crush on a guide o_O not got it activated yet so dunno, but 4.0spd slash whip :/ very weird, wonder why they didn't make it 3.0spd so that it'd appeal to all reavers.

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
acei said:
Could have sworn it said crush on a guide o_O not got it activated yet so dunno, but 4.0spd slash whip :/ very weird, wonder why they didn't make it 3.0spd so that it'd appeal to all reavers.
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.69d Release Notes

March 15, 2004

Artifact Notes

- The Snakecharmer's Whip has been changed to 3.5 speed in response to player feedback. This is a retroactive change.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like I might level mine actively after all. Only lvl 3 atm, mainly from camping Chisisi but might put a bit more effort in now :)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Wmv said:

Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.69d Release Notes

March 15, 2004

Artifact Notes

- The Snakecharmer's Whip has been changed to 3.5 speed in response to player feedback. This is a retroactive change.

Well, I will definetely get it and leave it at second spot to get free xp. Want to see what the final form of it will be...

Night

Fledgling Freddie
3.5 spd doesnt seem to bad, seems worth lvling now.
As for myself, im going to mess around with artifacts and just wait till 1.68 till i make a template :p
Btw, Panther form rox :D

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Trust them to make it 3.5spd just when i'm moaning about it lol, still prefer 3.0spd but can't have everything i guess ;)...

Still, anyone any templates? I've checked the forums on VNBoards very thoroughly now and all the templates that are there suck :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom