Really awesome pictures thread

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Queen Elizabeth in Florida.

sk4070cof2i41.jpg

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
It is seriously manipulated and there is quite a lot of noise. I don’t really get a lot of joy from over processed photos.... I also do not think they are awesome...

Job

Noise?

Its a 1000x700 50kb jpg.

Processing is all bit whatever.

90% of cameras highly process the image, RAW is even processed to an extent.
Practically zero published images are straight out of the imaging chip and it was done with film as well.

HDR infests commercial and artistic imagery.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes it does look very grainy and I'm not talking about the water droplets

Yoni

Noise?

Its a 1000x700 50kb jpg.

Processing is all bit whatever.

90% of cameras highly process the image, RAW is even processed to an extent.
Practically zero published images are straight out of the imaging chip and it was done with film as well.

HDR infests commercial and artistic imagery.
Sorry I would rather look at raw talent in photography rather than the above.

Yoni

This thread really has nothing to do with awesome photography and everything to do with awesome use of photoshop - thread should be renamed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This thread really has nothing to do with awesome photography and everything to do with awesome use of photoshop - thread should be renamed.
It's called the really awesome pictures thread.

It could be a stick painting by a child tbh. Whilst I absolutely agree with you that I'd rather have photos that were taken and not processed it doesn't really discount them. Job likes it, I don't particularly (would like to see what it looked like without processing though - because the actual subject matter is cool). But it doesn't need a thread rename because of "waaaaah! I hate Job".

I mean, it's his thread after all...

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Almost every published photo has some post processing. @Big G as posted some great pics, with post.

Edit : actually I miss his pics, he needs to get off the nest and post moar pics!

Yoni

Of course most pictures are processed to a point - they were when you developed photos also - However there is a tweak and there is over processed- most of these are over processed and some of them very noisy and not that great.

what makes an awesome picture is minimal processing maximum impact - When I look at some of the pictures in this thread I just do not see awesome I see technology making up for lack of talent...

Starting a thread does not dictate ownership either

Syri

FH is my second home
Just to get things back on track, one I took myself and was fairly pleased with how it came out. No editing, just saved the raw to jpg

Attachments

• osaka sunset.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 17

Job

Norway stryn

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can't imagine any other country doing that, oh wait.. :whistle:
What is weird is this. My house was built in the 60's.

Two years ago I received a letter from the local authority stating I was now living in a floodplain.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Two years ago I received a letter from the local authority stating I was now living in a floodplain.
Could be that flood defence work elsewhere has changed the risk level to your home maybe?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

You'll be alright, if you tilt your head back you have a built-in snorkel. :clap:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Could be that flood defence work elsewhere has changed the risk level to your home maybe?
There are no flood defences where I live. Never has been.

The point is nothing has changed around here. The canal is still here, the Blackwater River is still here (and never flooded to my knowledge and certainly not since I have lived here).

Job

Unedited phone snap.

fbx8ieaewl151.jpg

Ormorof

FH is my second home
There are no flood defences where I live. Never has been.

The point is nothing has changed around here. The canal is still here, the Blackwater River is still here (and never flooded to my knowledge and certainly not since I have lived here).

Might be upstream theyve built something that screws you, happened where i lived in UK, they made decision to delay flooding of bigger town upstream by flooding those of us downstream, never was i so happy i lived on top of the hill as i was that day :D every house on street was flooded except us right at the top :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom