reading the rvr threads.

Brommix

Loyal Freddie
maybe true, still doesnt change the fact you should all grow some balls instead of rolling over and play dead.

Marc

FH is my second home
Brommix said:
maybe true, still doesnt change the fact you should all grow some balls instead of rolling over and play dead.

they have them, they just havent "dropped" yet

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Brommix said:

So I guess you guys have balls cos you outnumber the rest? :twak:
Well that is indeed very brave dude. Rock on! *cough*
Don't you love sarcasm......

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
but all those albs in OF who never had the chance to run in an Opted group and got killed over and over again didnt leave the game ?

if you fail to see that point then you are to colored by the realm you play in..

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
but all those albs in OF who never had the chance to run in an Opted group and got killed over and over again didnt leave the game ?

if you fail to see that point then you are to colored by the realm you play in..

Well the difference in that is that you guys had/have the numbers to even the odds. I believe that is the point of this whole discussion.
What did you just say about your opinion being coloured by the realm you play in? You are no different it seems. For Albs the problem was not being organised in a decent manner. Now you can instant port to the battlefield so no need to be pretty much organised is it? When you have 2 disadvantages going against you plus the fact that WOW is coming scaringly close you don't have yo be a rocketscientist to figure out you cannot really compare the two situations.

Daenry

Fledgling Freddie
Ive still to see 1 mid person who left the game directly because of loss of relics, they where leaving before nf even come out then their friends leave and so on, then nf comes out and what remain of peeps who like to run 1fg set ups leave because nf isnt geared up for that sort of game play.
Then u get peeps leaving because constant keep takes/seiges gets uber boring and very tedious.

I see a very long list why people have left the game and loss of relics doesnt even come into it.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:

And any Alb who continues to claim that, post ToA and especially post NF, Albion cannot make decent groups, is exactly the same.

Albion now has all the advantages, yet I still see the old "albs can't make a decent group" crap....

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Solarius said:
And any Alb who continues to claim that, post ToA and especially post NF, Albion cannot make decent groups, is exactly the same.

Albion now has all the advantages, yet I still see the old "albs can't make a decent group" crap....

Mid fg is still top of the food chain for fg fights, alb and hibs are equal now, though albs do better against hib groups because hibs haven't adjusted their fg set up to take into account the loss of gp (most still only run with 1 demezzer). Alb fgs have improved with some of the changes (sorc RA for example) but have lost out with the bof and sos nerfs. So over all we're about par with what we were before - not "crap" but still below mids in fg terms. Ofc this is off set by the fact we currently have the relics, which evens it up. Which makes it even more pitiful that many mids are currently hiding away from the world sucking their thumbs ;)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
Mid fg is still top of the food chain for fg fights, alb and hibs are equal now, though albs do better against hib groups because hibs haven't adjusted their fg set up to take into account the loss of gp (most still only run with 1 demezzer). Alb fgs have improved with some of the changes (sorc RA for example) but have lost out with the bof and sos nerfs. So over all we're about par with what we were before - not "crap" but still below mids in fg terms. Ofc this is off set by the fact we currently have the relics, which evens it up. Which makes it even more pitiful that many mids are currently hiding away from the world sucking their thumbs ;)

What you doin posting so early :drink:

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

Ever wonder why Hibs run with "only 1" demezzer? Thats right, it's because Hib's second demezz spell is in such a bad line. It would have been nice if we, like Alb and mid, had 2 demezz spells on classes and specs that were first choice (how many mincers don't spec Instruments?). Instead, our "secondary mezzer" is a Mind Mentalist, with the whopping CC options of ST mez and ST stun. Hell, Mind doesn't even offer much for a secondary spec, single target Heal, confusion, ST mez and demezz - hardly inspiring.

And don't suggest running with two bards, getting one bard for RvR is nice but two tends not to happen. After all, Bards are easy to spot, easy to target and usually first dead. Unlike sorcs (who had the same complaint), though, Bards have had little to improve this.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Solarius said:
Ever wonder why Hibs run with "only 1" demezzer? Thats right, it's because Hib's second demezz spell is in such a bad line. It would have been nice if we, like Alb and mid, had 2 demezz spells on classes and specs that were first choice (how many mincers don't spec Instruments?). Instead, our "secondary mezzer" is a Mind Mentalist, with the whopping CC options of ST mez and ST stun. Hell, Mind doesn't even offer much for a secondary spec, single target Heal, confusion, ST mez and demezz - hardly inspiring.

And don't suggest running with two bards, getting one bard for RvR is nice but two tends not to happen. After all, Bards are easy to spot, easy to target and usually first dead. Unlike sorcs (who had the same complaint), though, Bards have had little to improve this.

bards have a bit more survivability thanks to having armour/hps and that uber RR5 ability for staying hidden ;)

Don't need to be a mentalism mentalist to demezz - 45 light 28 ment 10 mana, no? get a specline nuker with ranged aoe and pet charm, plus demezz and some backup heals. Surely not that gimp?

Stun nuke nuke is still a rather nice ability :)

Ment's aint your secondary CC - that's the druid. That's like calling a minstrel secondary CC with their uber aoe mezz ;)

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
Who the hell runs with mincers? *calls our for mincies* yooohooo miiiiiciiiiiiies where aaaaaare youuuu???

And Bracken is up cuz i kicked him out of bed :flame:

:m00:

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

I think if you look at the population of Alb and Mid you will find more Albs sucking their tumbs (even in real life). :p
Sorry to break the news to you but being more in numbers + relics isn't what I'd call even.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Qbic said:
I think if you look at the population of Alb and Mid you will find more Albs sucking their tumbs (even in real life). :p
Sorry to break the news to you but being more in numbers + relics isn't what I'd call even.

Perhaps you should try QQing more then - i mean it had such a dramatic impact after you got asses kicked over the relics.

(btw pre NF our pop'n was fine for you - you happily farmed it back then. What happened - did you mislay your tactics and l33t skillz?)

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Perhaps you should try QQing more then - i mean it had such a dramatic impact after you got asses kicked over the relics.

(btw pre NF our pop'n was fine for you - you happily farmed it back then. What happened - did you mislay your tactics and l33t skillz?)

Not really no, the instant porting made organisation less important and call it coincidence but organisation was something you guys seemed to lack. But that has gotten less and less important now.
Ah well it's normal I guess that Mythic wants to keep it's biggest realm and cashflow happy. I never claimed to be l33t mate, I am not one of the people who even thinks it's important at all. What I do value is a bit more fairness; on excal there is only one dude I have recently encountered (a pally called chanter) who really goes one on one in duels. Therefore I salute the chap. Tbh the rest is nothing more than a zerge. Show your head and get it bashed in because the opposition is higher in numbers.

Tazock

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno about the whole organisation thingie, but what I see Is since NF most people didn't bother to do so..thus making them easy targets when they where walking their way to a twr or keep. Ofcourse when you're with a nice group and gank the small groups and solos..don't hang around too long otherwise the zerg will get you. So my advice is organisation is still important..you just have to be more a hit and run and don't be rp hungry and stay too long on the same place. Saw some hibs do it..worked like a charm.

You just have to throw out the window the whole honour thingie about fg vs fg. Imo when you have less relics just be nasty.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Don't need to be a mentalism mentalist to demezz - 45 light 28 ment 10 mana, no? get a specline nuker with ranged aoe and pet charm, plus demezz and some backup heals. Surely not that gimp?
The typical light mentalist spec these days is 46 light 28 ment 4 mana for best RvR or 48 light 24 mana 6 ment for PvE farm. Most mentalists spec for PvE.

Flimgoblin said:
Ment's aint your secondary CC - that's the druid. That's like calling a minstrel secondary CC with their uber aoe mezz ;)
Mythic calls ments and minstrels secondary CC - they specifically gave the demezz to primary CCers baseline, and secondary CCers specline. :p

Mentalism is just about the worst major specline in the game (major meaning excluding things like crossbow, thrown etc. where you only spec for damage not styles or spells). It's only adequate even as a secondary spec, the demezz is most of the utility, with spec heal being someone useful from a power consumption point of view. The mez is low utility - sorcs get the same mez line baseline, confuse is all but useless, as is base dot (given the spec dot is mana so you can't effectively stack :p).
There's maybe 2-3 mind mentalists in the world. And AFAIK there are none specced 50 in the line.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
bards have a bit more survivability thanks to having armour/hps and that uber RR5 ability for staying hidden ;)

And Sorcs rr5 RA is hardly a kick in the goolies now, is it?

Flimgoblin said:

Stun nuke nuke is still a rather nice ability :)

Compared to a sorc spec of 44 mind 30 body:

Sorc gets base lt, AoE dex/qui debuff, ST and AoE Root, perma charm anything, AoE Str/Con debuff, BR AoE Mezz, MR4, caster speed, ST and AoE Amnesia and mez dampening, in addition to the demez, base DoT and shields.

Ment gets DD, AoE DD, Tethered charm, ST stun, ST mez, base and spec heal, base DoT, Demez and shields.

Flimgoblin said:

Except that at least Albion's "secondary CC" HAS an AoE CC spell, unlke a Mentalism Mentalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom