reading the rvr threads.

Daenry

Fledgling Freddie
Ive just read half the threads and all i seem to read is most albs telling mids/hibs to stop throwing their toys out and leave, looking at my own guild and friends in game most have left the game pre-nf and some after, with the lowering numbers in daoc atm it just doesnt make sense to me for peeps to be saying these sort of things unless they do want the server to be basicaly 1 sided and dead rvr wise.
Im not blaming any player/realm for the population problems cause its obvious whose fault it is, but threads like these just make a great game go further into decline.

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Daenry said:
Im not blaming any player/realm for the population problems cause its obvious whose fault it is...

Wrong, it's not anyones fault at all .. You want Albs to make a big sign at camelot saying: "Borders closed, fo to hib" ?

Marc

FH is my second home
RaiztliN said:
Wrong, it's not anyones fault at all .. You want Albs to make a big sign at camelot saying: "Borders closed, fo to hib" ?

I think hes blaming mythic tbh

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
That's because albs wanna PvE in peace with relic bonuses.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
imo we should all leave and go out and find those lives again, oh wait we allready did

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
RaiztliN said:

that's the attitude.. go go go boy.. :m00:

Farek

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
imo we should all leave and go out and find those lives again, oh wait we allready did
imo stop being so retired and make grps :twak:

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Sounds like a plan m8. ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Daenry said:
Ive just read half the threads and all i seem to read is most albs telling mids/hibs to stop throwing their toys out and leave, looking at my own guild and friends in game most have left the game pre-nf and some after, with the lowering numbers in daoc atm it just doesnt make sense to me for peeps to be saying these sort of things unless they do want the server to be basicaly 1 sided and dead rvr wise.
Im not blaming any player/realm for the population problems cause its obvious whose fault it is, but threads like these just make a great game go further into decline.

Guess you really did just read half the threads. Because the other half was from people whining about NF. After a while it just gets boring and the bottom line really is very simple - if you don't like it then leave. Of course it would be better if everyone stayed, had fun and we all got on lovely. But there comes a point when those of us who are just getting on with it and playing (and generally enjoying it for what it is) get fed up with the whining and respond accordingly. If people just leave and the game finishes (can't see it but lets run with that idea for now) then so be it. It is after all just a game. In the mean time, the constant stream of bleeding-heart posts just gets dull.

As for the numbers, first week of NF proved Midgard has the numbers to compete. But then they got cocky, complacent and lost their relics - and suddenly half of them vanished. Which sums up those players' attitude. Their attempts to portray themselves as the underdog realm since then are just sad. Only realm with any population disadvantage are Hibs.

Marc

FH is my second home
Bracken said:
Guess you really did just read half the threads. Because the other half was from people whining about NF. After a while it just gets boring and the bottom line really is very simple - if you don't like it then leave. Of course it would be better if everyone stayed, had fun and we all got on lovely. But there comes a point when those of us who are just getting on with it and playing (and generally enjoying it for what it is) get fed up with the whining and respond accordingly. If people just leave and the game finishes (can't see it but lets run with that idea for now) then so be it. It is after all just a game. In the mean time, the constant stream of bleeding-heart posts just gets dull.

As for the numbers, first week of NF proved Midgard has the numbers to compete. But then they got cocky, complacent and lost their relics - and suddenly half of them vanished. Which sums up those players' attitude. Their attempts to portray themselves as the underdog realm since then are just sad. Only realm with any population disadvantage are Hibs.

spot on bracken

if you werent a villa fan id let u have my babies

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Fortunately Villa fans are nuetered at birth to stop pro creation as the declining attendances at Villa Park will show:p And as for 'getting cocky after the 1st week' well substitute cocky for bored and you`ll be spot on.

GeraN

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: once an alb always :eek2:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Castus said:
Fortunately Villa fans are nuetered at birth to stop pro creation as the declining attendances at Villa Park will show:p And as for 'getting cocky after the 1st week' well substitute cocky for bored and you`ll be spot on.

42553 at Villa Park yesterday. Average 35k+ all season. You obviously know as much about football as you do about what motivates most of your realm mates :D

I do miss Cloughie though - ain't anyone livens up the game like he did :(

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

Now this is once again an Alb who has problems with mathematics it seems. You call 200+ no disadvantage? I look at it this way; Mythic provided Albs with the gun but you guys fired it and it's that simple. I am not saying that some people's attitude on here isn't childish but to be honest I don't see the use in having a full time stressy job, come home trying to relax a bit and get frustrated cos every time one shows his face in NF u get whacked by a fg of Albs who have the relics advantage. All I can say is that I hope patch 1.71 comes soon so there will be a balance again. IMO Albs are just trying to ease their conscience by trying to say "It wasn't me......"
I agree on one point though; it's a game and we should try to treat it like that. Truth of the matter is though that anyone who plays on Pryd as well knows where to go to have fun in RVR (for all 3 realms). So I guess you guys can't only blame Mythic for this. :kissit:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's pretty simple...

if the population numbers are 40% to 34% - that's just the raw ones, we'll assume that equal %ages of mids and albs are RvRing (not the case pre-NF but we'll say it is post-NF since it was a fresh start and all the "pve" albs and mids have been out) since if it's not then it's a morale thing not a population thing.

So albs have 200 people

that means mids should have 170 people.

That's not a massive difference. It's a difference, sure, but nothing insurmountable.

Now if 70 of those mids happen to not be playing because they lost their relics that's not our fault ;)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
This isn't just about NF, it's about Midgard on Excal.

This is not the first time this has happened. When Alb took all 3 strength relics in OF Midgard's forces evaporated. It was just as bad as now. I can remember not seeing a Mid in RvR for days on end (but then I didn't go Emain).

We took Mid keeps and just got bored waiting for a response. Stealthers were non-existant, RvR Guilds left to sample Pryd, and Excal became Albs vs Hibs.

Then, to get out of the adolescent depression, came the infamous 5am raid.

Don't blame Midgard's lack of numbers solely on NF. The loss of Relics has alot to do with it.

There is a thread on VN started by a Mid from Excal. Mids had just taken Hib's pwr relic and were attacking Alb keeps. He reckoned NF was great. Then, the day after Alb took Mids relics he posts that maybe NF is not that good after all.

It is this attitude that plagues Mid on Excal.

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
it's pretty simple...

if the population numbers are 40% to 34% - that's just the raw ones, we'll assume that equal %ages of mids and albs are RvRing (not the case pre-NF but we'll say it is post-NF since it was a fresh start and all the "pve" albs and mids have been out) since if it's not then it's a morale thing not a population thing.

So albs have 200 people

That's not a massive difference. It's a difference, sure, but nothing insurmountable.

Now if 70 of those mids happen to not be playing because they lost their relics that's not our fault ;)

I cant believe you all wanna continue running with those numbers, time after time after time, aspecially Flim. Just take a look at /rw most nights and see Alb presence everywhere there is action, against both mids and hibs at same time. Thats not balance, thats alot more albs against smaller numbers of hibs and mids. If you wanna keep pushing your numbers - who incidently says nothing about how much each active char plays - then so be it. The mere fact of play is that there are too many albs pr mid or hib, thats just reality. Add that to the lag the servers have been having the past 1-2 months (pre NF aswell) and it gets less and less interesting to log on for anything these days.

Everytime we get together trying to run a regular group we get sooner or later zerged badly. What happens is that half log and the other half go on their rangers or NS and solo/duo (I'm not going into the "meeting scout-scout-minstrel trio" thing here, cause its beside the point). How fun is it to zerg keeps alone? As long as you still have a relic left to take to gain full bonus I assume you'll keep doing it, but sooner or later even you will loose interest.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
We took Mid keeps and just got bored waiting for a response. Stealthers were non-existant, RvR Guilds left to sample Pryd, and Excal became Albs vs Hibs.
Problem is this time hib is even more dead than mid. :(

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Mithryn said:
How fun is it to zerg keeps alone? As long as you still have a relic left to take to gain full bonus I assume you'll keep doing it, but sooner or later even you will loose interest.

aye wondering how will albs justify zerging when they claim the last relic, thus pointless to farm anymore keeps (game mechanic wise, oh wait i forgot its fun! xDD). Conquest, adventure or just the pure adrenalin pushing 293 vs 100, oh the joy, go albs go! :p

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Blah blah blah - so basically you're saying its really unfair to use any kind of advantage?

Didn't see hibs refusing to use GP or not exploiting enchanter pet LOS. didn't see mids boycott savages or restrict healers to one group.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
aye wondering how will albs justify zerging when they claim the last relic, thus pointless to farm anymore keeps (game mechanic wise, oh wait i forgot its fun! xDD). Conquest, adventure or just the pure adrenalin pushing 293 vs 100, oh the joy, go albs go! :p

Farming is fun!

Pray tell us for what reason did Mid/Hib take Alb keeps in OF when Alb had no relics? Don't say "for DF" cause I doubt all those lining the ramparts took the keeps out of realm solidarity with the lowbies.

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Blah blah blah - so basically you're saying its really unfair to use any kind of advantage?

Didn't see hibs refusing to use GP or not exploiting enchanter pet LOS. didn't see mids boycott savages or restrict healers to one group.

Erm dude the advantage in numbers was and is and advantage already. The idea of 3 realms facing one another is brilliant but hard to balance and we are experiencing that now. Give Mids and Hibs one good reason why we should even give an effort to retake keeps if we are up against a bigger number of opponents who since NF now happen to own almost every relic. Sorry but like I said before I will go play RvR on a server where the odds are a bit better divided. Mark my words; it won't take long before Pryd is the highest populated English server..........
And lad if u start whining about exploiting maybe we should take about sorc aoe mez..........

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
it's pretty simple...

So albs have 200 people

Well if u start using raw figures then let's say that there are 20% more Albs than Mids in rough figures that is a big difference. I would like to see the difference in Albs going RVR from the first week when NF went live and the week after that. I think you might be surprised so don't go there claiming Mids only come out to play when they are winning........

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
lies! There are no RvR threads on RvR Discussions, only gratz threads (which are not considered as RvR threads) and goodbye threads (qq no gp, no 3 power relics = quit :flame: )

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:

No, use whatever advantage you want, you're just fucking yourself and your realm over, not us. Every time a druid popped his GP it didnt exactly lead to an alb leave the zerg and drop the game. Every time an enchanter sent a pet on you who nuked through doors and walls, I doubt an alb quit. If it was a cabalist I guess he just sent his chainstunning pet on the hib instead. Savages nor healers dont overpower the mids in the same way that WAY too many albs do in a fight.

Bottom line, use whatever you want, its your money and your time. But basically I think everyone wants a fun game, not a deserted RvR zone to look at when you get too tired of beating up mobs.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
This isn't just about NF, it's about Midgard on Excal.

This is not the first time this has happened. When Alb took all 3 strength relics in OF Midgard's forces evaporated. It was just as bad as now. I can remember not seeing a Mid in RvR for days on end (but then I didn't go Emain).

Then, to get out of the adolescent depression, came the infamous 5am raid.

Don't blame Midgard's lack of numbers solely on NF. The loss of Relics has alot to do with it.

There is a thread on VN started by a Mid from Excal. Mids had just taken Hib's pwr relic and were attacking Alb keeps. He reckoned NF was great. Then, the day after Alb took Mids relics he posts that maybe NF is not that good after all.

It is this attitude that plagues Mid on Excal.

i was in emain at that time and no mids, there, either...

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Mithryn said:
No, use whatever advantage you want, you're just fucking yourself and your realm over, not us. Every time a druid popped his GP it didnt exactly lead to an alb leave the zerg and drop the game. Every time an enchanter sent a pet on you who nuked through doors and walls, I doubt an alb quit. If it was a cabalist I guess he just sent his chainstunning pet on the hib instead. Savages nor healers dont overpower the mids in the same way that WAY too many albs do in a fight.

Bottom line, use whatever you want, its your money and your time. But basically I think everyone wants a fun game, not a deserted RvR zone to look at when you get too tired of beating up mobs.

so many ppl whined about the albs camping ATK in old emain... but 99.999% of the time it was becuase it was impossible to make a group who had a chance vs the GG's outthere...

i think most mids and hibs cant handle loosing. After some time with toa the elite hibs started to leave... the mids wtfpwn'ed em and suddenly the reward from other games and RL became more important than to feel uberficated in DAOC..

then NF hits and alb's steamroll ppl both in group figths and zerg figths and the reward for logging the hib or mid toon into daoc become very little... ofcuase daoc allso get's old but it all add up and we get the ppl leaving game for other very important factor's..(my own playtime has been reduced drastic as well though, but still log in and have fun a few times a week though)

On the other hand albs dont experince as much grief when logging in, allthough loads of em allso hate the keep figths etc etc.. but they seek ways out of it becuase of the new nice rewards they get as albs (wtfpwnage).

guess it is just normal human behavior..

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Unfortunately that behaviour will cause/ has caused a lot of damage and in the end I think it will mainly be Alb players who will be left hanging on to the illusion of being the best all of a sudden. A lot of Hibs have moved on/ will be moving on if it takes long before the new patch will be released and it won't take long before Mids will be doing the same. In Dutch (Flemish)
there is a saying and it goes "Cutting in your own flesh....." which is very appropriate in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom