SPAM random annoying things

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Oh and if you phone up to cancel they generally just cancel the price rise

Embattle

FH is my second home
That's illegal afaik. I used to do the price rise emails for Virgin Media and in the Ts&C's it said you can cancel for free within 28 days.

They in essence include it in the contract you agree to at the start, often seen as CPI +3.9%.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
In reality, they all put them up, all the time, and there is little you can do about it. Just change supplier every time your contract runs out.

Frankly, people need to be "unionised" If everyone cancelled Sky (for example) then their shithousery would stop, over night.

Same as petrol, if every time it went up, people boycotted Shell then Shell would be forced to compete on prices, rather than being part of a pseudo cartel (or actual cartel where petrol is concerned)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fuck me the faff to get to the US. We have an ESTA, a Covid Vaccination cert, a Covid recovery cert, a negative antigen test cert, an attestation to say you have all those certs, and then the airline dangles the carrot that you can upload all this shit to save time at the airport and then you get a "sorry, bring your docs to the airport because we're a load of shite" message. No wonder they're fucking rammed at check in.

Not to mention I foolishly started all this rigmarole on the airline website which turns out to be profoundly broken so I had to do it all again on the app.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Fuck me the faff to get to the US. We have an ESTA, a Covid Vaccination cert, a Covid recovery cert, a negative antigen test cert, an attestation to say you have all those certs, and then the airline dangles the carrot that you can upload all this shit to save time at the airport and then you get a "sorry, bring your docs to the airport because we're a load of shite" message. No wonder they're fucking rammed at check in.

Not to mention I foolishly started all this rigmarole on the airline website which turns out to be profoundly broken so I had to do it all again on the app.

Yeah, I am purposely avoiding international travel until it gets figured out. We had to upload a crap-load of docs for xmas, and then it all got checked by hand at the airport anyway. Twice!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
How do I get the forums back to how it used to be, you know, the layout? Newest post first in a thread rather than last? Think it used to be called linear layout. This is annoying me :eek:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How do I get the forums back to how it used to be, you know, the layout? Newest post first in a thread rather than last? Think it used to be called linear layout. This is annoying me :eek:
Not a thing in XenForo iirc champ

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah, I am purposely avoiding international travel until it gets figured out. We had to upload a crap-load of docs for xmas, and then it all got checked by hand at the airport anyway. Twice!

So checkin took 3.5 hours, security super quick, and US pre-clearance 1.5 hours. We got to the airport at 7AM for a 1.30PM flight and I think we got to gate about 40 mins before takeoff.

Every flight in our part of Dublin airport (there's a US flights zone because of pre-clearance) there were bunches of people literally sprinting for their flights.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So checkin took 3.5 hours, security super quick, and US pre-clearance 1.5 hours. We got to the airport at 7AM for a 1.30PM flight and I think we got to gate about 40 mins before takeoff.

Every flight in our part of Dublin airport (there's a US flights zone because of pre-clearance) there were bunches of people literally sprinting for their flights.

I read theres been staffing chaos, they really are accepting the chaos instead of just paying people for real contracts?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The cat tipping his water bowl over all over his bedding at least 3 times a day, still in a cage due to a broken leg, but he thinks he is ready to roll, another 2 weeks yet.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Started looking at the shower curtain rail today, to put it up. Only some gormless twat actually built this post (it screws into the rail and allows you to bolt it to the wall) and sent it out to me, so I can't.

Which Friday afternoon cunt decided this was acceptable?

PXL_20220410_142757070.MP.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Bathrooms are for shitting and showering, they don't need to be fancy.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Started looking at the shower curtain rail today, to put it up. Only some gormless twat actually built this post (it screws into the rail and allows you to bolt it to the wall) and sent it out to me, so I can't.

Which Friday afternoon cunt decided this was acceptable?

View attachment 46024

Quick glance, looks like Chinesium. It came out the mould like that, change supplier (get your money back ofc)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Delivery companies marking delivery failed when they clearly have not attempted to deliver at all

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Not just a UK thing then. DPD seem to be the only remotely competent firm left.

@UK folk, don't let the cunts fool you. Hermes rebrand: will it be Evri-thing they hope for? - Retail Gazette

We had it happen back in February with UPS. Missus got the email that it was delivered around 17.45. I arrived home just before six, and there was no package. Checked everywhere, and nothing.
UPS were soliciting feedback, so we gave them 0 stars, wrote in all caps "NO PACKAGE WAS DELIVERED". Then called the company she ordered from, explaining what had happened. Everything showed as delivered on their side, but no product on our side. So they said they would re-ship it. A week later, it arrives, and is delivered as promised. A month and a half later, unknown package arrives. This was the original package!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
After calling and being told the CS person (put me on hold) had spoken to the driver and sorted out the delivery i get a notification a few hours later that its been dropped at a pickup point miles from where i live, called again and told "oh well nothing we can do"

Looked it up on one of local stores and can have same thing sent to a "smart post" pick up point down the street for less than i originally paid on Amazon. So now whole thing is refunded and going back.

The final straw was when the UPS customer service admitted it was likely the truck was just too full and they knew they wouldn't be able to deliver, first of all why not more trucks then? Second WHY gripe when i want the difference in price between home delivery and pickup point delivery refunded (i had option to go for pickup and save 50% on delivery)

I dont get why delivery has to be this damn difficult

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good old police solving problems by removing places for people to sit and birds to nest.
They really are fucking morons the police aren't they.

If my mum lived there that would make that whole space completely unuseable for her - she wouldn't be able to walk around the square as there's nowhere for her to sit down.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They really are fucking morons the police aren't they.

If my mum lived there that would make that whole space completely unuseable for her - she wouldn't be able to walk around the square as there's nowhere for her to sit down.

The morons are the people that live there and complain about it.

And it's usually the morons in their 50s and 60s who's kids used go out and use that shit but they're older and moved on it's now an issue.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
hah they've deleted it. That's the third this week I think. First it was GMP talking about a person cycling who'd been killed by a drunk driver. On the pavement. GMP were advising cyclists to wear hi viz, while saying nothing about not drinking and driving. Then Rochdale Council were patting themselves on the back for replacing grass verges with parking spaces, saying they were improving the environment.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
hah they've deleted it. That's the third this week I think. First it was GMP talking about a person cycling who'd been killed by a drunk driver. On the pavement. GMP were advising cyclists to wear hi viz, while saying nothing about not drinking and driving. Then Rochdale Council were patting themselves on the back for replacing grass verges with parking spaces, saying they were improving the environment.
I think we'd do well bringing Thanos' style of management into councils and public bodies. But I wouldn't click my fingers at random ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom