Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The fact that COOP lime cordial is weak and not worth the 80p they charge

Probably down to Brexit tho.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Simple scientific test for that @Raven. Was it weak before brexit? Or did it change and only become weak after brexit? :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Got 4 of the letters in the right place on the first go on wordle today but then didn't solve it until the third

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Got 4 of the letters in the right place on the first go on wordle today but then didn't solve it until the third
It was an awkward one, that middle letter could've been any of 4.

Wordle 212 3/6

🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

That's really interesting.

When money is laundered through a bank (which it is, a hell of a lot of it) we've no idea where it goes, what's happening to it.

With Ethereum, and an open blockchain, we can see where it's going.

So, if we enforced proper KYC legislation on the endpoints then we'd go a lot further than any traditional financial system has gone in any country ever to stopping fraud and theft. And the bonus would be - that would be global, not just on a country level.

Estimated current money laundering - with the traditional financial systems - is 2-5% of Global GDP. Per annum.

Working in one of the many banks that have been fined billions of dollars for money laundering there's a constant push for cultural change.

We don't fucking need cultural change. We need to abolish the corrupt banking system and implement a technical fix.

Of course, that's before we get on to the fact that we've got record inflation, largely because governments have been printing fiat money like it's going out of fashion. This year alone inflation is expected to peak at 7%. That's 7% devaluation of your entire wealth that you've ever worked for wiped out. Not just single-year loss. 7% of anything you've ever done, ever.

That's theft.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
There was 200 billion euros laundered through Estonia and the banks claimed not to notice: Danske Bank money laundering scandal - Wikipedia

Thats almost 10x their annual GDP

Mysteriously the head honcho involved commited suicide in a ditch far from house, police did not bother investigating further...

My point is if you have money involved there will be money laundering and attempts to steal it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. And 2-5% of global GDP? After how many years of being able to crack down on money laundering?

It's the system that's inherently broken and corrupt - so it needs changing to one that we can all see what's going on and one that government doesn't have issuing power over.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

So this is shit. I've had a few custom-domain email accounts running through Gmail for probably 14 years. It was free back then, then in 2012 they started charging new users but told existing ones they were being grandfathered in and wouldn't have to pay and now, 10 years later... fuck that, pay up or we'll nuke your account.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

So this is shit. I've had a few custom-domain email accounts running through Gmail for probably 14 years. It was free back then, then in 2012 they started charging new users but told existing ones they were being grandfathered in and wouldn't have to pay and now, 10 years later... fuck that, pay up or we'll nuke your account.
Same, mostly for the family because they were all happy with GMail but this let me deal with day to day shit like "forgot my password", etc.

That's where I'm going to be stuck, there's no good family alternative that I'm aware of. Microsoft's offering requires you to use GoDaddy for a domain so that's out straight away. Time to start looking I guess :|

Worst case, if I was going to get stuck with £100+ a person a year, I'd jump to Microsoft because everyone uses Word/Excel/etc and OneDrive just works with Windows.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Same, mostly for the family because they were all happy with GMail but this let me deal with day to day shit like "forgot my password", etc.

That's where I'm going to be stuck, there's no good family alternative that I'm aware of. Microsoft's offering requires you to use GoDaddy for a domain so that's out straight away. Time to start looking I guess :|

Worst case, if I was going to get stuck with £100+ a person a year, I'd jump to Microsoft because everyone uses Word/Excel/etc and OneDrive just works with Windows.
Yup it's family for me too. Gmail is just easy for everybody and it was free when I set it up so I didn't think twice about it.

I've seen suggestions for Protonmail and an outfit called Zoho. Tbh I might just suck it up and pay the $6 per account per month for the actually in-use accounts, I can whittle it down to 3 probably and then abandon everything else. It's still shit though and underhanded. I complain (regularly) about how Apple lock you into their ecosystem but I'm so entrenched in Google's with email, Docs/Sheets/Drive/etc, Android, Play store purchases... and it's all tied to my Google account with a custom domain. I wouldn't know where to start to cleanly migrate away.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
For all the things I listed above... basically the Google accounts are represented by emails with a custom domain and that's been easy to do (and free, if you signed up before 2012) since 2006.

Vae

Resident Freddy

Damn - That looks like it'll affect me too. I've been using Gmail for email with my custom domain since it was free so I'm going to have to look at alternative options. One thing it will solve is upgrading my Nest account which Google refused to let me do as the personal email is managed by my 'business'.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Damn - That looks like it'll affect me too. I've been using Gmail for email with my custom domain since it was free so I'm going to have to look at alternative options. One thing it will solve is upgrading my Nest account which Google refused to let me do as the personal email is managed by my 'business'.

Ello!!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This sort of pish

1642787066152.png

I think Greene King has bought their pub and is changing the name (there's a really old story about a black female dog that's the foundation for not just the pub, but for the whole area - it's on the school coat of arms, it's on the entrance to the village - the villagers have called themselves black bitches for generations - and the villages around them the same.

Of course, policing by offence, Greene King are changing the name. A visitor to the town was well fucked off, apparently. (And they're changing all the names of the pubs they own with Black in them, apparently).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We have a blacky walk (Known locally as dog shit ally) and a blacky moor (now a grotty 2000s housing estate) Named because there was a shitload of iron works around that area.

Local history says that Blacky walk was named that because that was where they buried the plague victims, but that's a load of bollocks. Though when we were kids and did a lot of acid, a mate of mine said he kept seeing bodies all over it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Changing names to suit modern sensibilities is nothing new, else there'd be half a dozen Gropecunte Lanes still in existence.

georgie

FH is my second home
There's a 'Black Cock Inn' near me, some wag had graffitied the road sign for it so it read 'Black Cock Inn Bumhole'.

Couldn't help it, it made me giggle everytime I went past it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Changing names to suit modern sensibilities is nothing new, else there'd be half a dozen Gropecunte Lanes still in existence.
Which would be a wonderful source of humour and pleasure.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There’s a Kaffir Lane in Huddersfield apparently.
Named after Kaffir Lime?

Edit: OK. Yes. I'll try to read the next post from now on.

But I'll read it with my eye furthest from the phone, OK? The "dutch read".

:eek:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I just found out Wordle has a hard mode; I've been playing it that way since the start as it didn't occur to me to play any other way. The psychology of this game is quite interesting.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I just found out Wordle has a hard mode; I've been playing it that way since the start as it didn't occur to me to play any other way. The psychology of this game is quite interesting.
Go on?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It seems to me that playing any other way is incredibly wasteful, I don't understand why you wouldn't try to use all of the clues you've been given in subsequent attempts.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It seems to me that playing any other way is incredibly wasteful, I don't understand why you wouldn't try to use all of the clues you've been given in subsequent attempts.

Me too - that's how I have been playing anyway!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Spending an hour googling for a weird looking phono plug only to realise that it is weird looking because part of it had snapped off.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Apparently if you're a risk taker you're more likely to try for a second random guess!

Neither do i but apparently people do in the hope they'll grab more letters quickly. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom