SPAM random annoying things

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Apparently if you're a risk taker you're more likely to try for a second random guess!

Neither do i but apparently people do in the hope they'll grab more letters quickly. Weird.

Do we need a Wordle bragging thread? Personally I don't think so... and to be clear I mean should I set one up, not that posts in this thread are in any way wrong!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Do we need a Wordle bragging thread? Personally I don't think so... and to be clear I mean should I set one up, not that posts in this thread are in any way wrong!
In my friends gaming discord we set up a channel for wordle so the rest of us don’t have to put up with it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Neither do i but apparently people do in the hope they'll grab more letters quickly. Weird.
It allows you to wipe out more of the alphabet more quickly

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Personally I think you should set up all new threads @Jupitus this expectation that people do things for themselves like delete double posts, etc. it's just not working for me ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Personally I think you should set up all new threads @Jupitus this expectation that people do things for themselves like delete double posts, etc. it's just not working for me ;)

Fuck. Right. Off. LOL.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Cars with the reverse gear is where 6th should be.

One of the fun things I've noticed in now running two cars, Reverse Gear is where 6th should be in the Civic, which can make for some fun 3 point turns if not paying attention.

On the BMW it's a hard push over to the left past 1st, much easier.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Same here - 6th below 5th on one (with reverse to the left of 1st with a collar on the shaft you need to slide up to get there) and reverse on the other below 5th. A few times I've had to catch myself absentmindedly changing "up" from 5th to reverse on the latter. I don't know what'd happen but I expect there might be objections from the gearbox.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Honestly, I don't know where it is on either of the cars but I do know that I don't think about it, ever.

I've never thought about it on my other cars either - other than the first few days of driving them. Then it's just "I'm sat in this car - my brain does whatever it knows to do". It's never conscious, and never a problem.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, its my wifes car so I don't drive it but its in for its MOT and near work. Nice little fiesta but the brakes are shit and it has absolutely no go in it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It passed, no advisories. Not bad for a bag of shit 88k fiesta. Proper maintenance works!

Bodhi

The BMW flew through its MOT a couple of weeks ago, although I did get a single advisory. Apparently one of my indicator bulbs isn't quite orange any more. Think I'll cope with that one somehow.

Not bad for 13 years old and 160k miles on the clock....

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Work trying to force everyone back into the office... *sigh*

Bodhi

We're having the opposite - moving to "Virtual First" with most of the offices shutting.

Seems to me there may be a middle ground here somewhere, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Having this conversation right now with people with better job titles than me. How do you expect people on "average wages" to return to the office again when inflation (etc) is through the roof. Hybrid is fine.. 2 days a week fine. But if you can do your work remotely then just allow it.

I think we're not actually renewing our lease when it expires because of this and we have a large-ish building in Farringdon which'll save a chunk each year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They could ask me, but I wouldn't go.

It'd be their decision whether they'd then keep me on or not.

Which they would....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

We are pretty much back but with the freedom to come and go. Happy to be in the office atm though. 7min commute, 20 on the bike, so not bothered one way or the other.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
My work is trying to get people back in. Been there 7 years this week so I reckon I'm overdue a change anyway.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Been at mine 14 now, just negotiated a ~12% payrise so staying for now, I had discussed leaving.

tbh I was getting fucked off with job searching anyway, the employment market has gone all 21st century, which is annoying to say the least.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Out of work atm with zero intentions of ever going back. So I guess that's it, I'm semi-official retired until I spunk all my savings on wine, women and Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom