SPAM random annoying things

SilverHood

FH is my second home
We were supposed to go back to the office full time in September, but there has been massive pushback in the frequent surveys my company performs. A lot of concerns regarding safety. Attacks on Asians & Jews, random people getting mugged in broad daylight at subway stations, Times Square etc. So now it's 3 days in office, but will be at discretion of your manager.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We were supposed to go back to the office full time in September, but there has been massive pushback in the frequent surveys my company performs. A lot of concerns regarding safety. Attacks on Asians & Jews, random people getting mugged in broad daylight at subway stations, Times Square etc. So now it's 3 days in office, but will be at discretion of your manager.
What is this asians being picked on… is it all cause of the ‘china’ virus? Or is it more than that?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
What is this asians being picked on… is it all cause of the ‘china’ virus? Or is it more than that?

I think that's how it started back in 2020, where it was centered around Flushing (neighborhood with a large number of Chinese immigrants), and on Subway lines going to / from there, but has since spread to pretty anyone from the Far East, and even areas that were always relatively safe (Midtown / Times Square especially) are no longer safe. Here's one from the other day with brutal video footage. At least they caught the guy just afterwards, and some others linked on the same site. There are many many more instances though, so many that even the NY Post can't keep up.

My office is 2 blocks from Times Square, and a lot of people travel through it to get to Port Authority bus terminal to get to their homes in New Jersey, so I think the fear is somewhat warranted.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why the facepalm @caLLous i was asking for an american residents view of what i see from here? There was no statement of anything to facepalm?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think that's how it started back in 2020, where it was centered around Flushing (neighborhood with a large number of Chinese immigrants), and on Subway lines going to / from there, but has since spread to pretty anyone from the Far East, and even areas that were always relatively safe (Midtown / Times Square especially) are no longer safe. Here's one from the other day with brutal video footage. At least they caught the guy just afterwards, and some others linked on the same site. There are many many more instances though, so many that even the NY Post can't keep up.

My office is 2 blocks from Times Square, and a lot of people travel through it to get to Port Authority bus terminal to get to their homes in New Jersey, so I think the fear is somewhat warranted.
Thanks. Its really interesting to understand. We really dont see the scale in the news over here.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Why the facepalm @caLLous i was asking for an american residents view of what i see from here? There was no statement of anything to facepalm?
Because of course last year's rise in anti-Asian sentiment in the US was because of COVID. Trump spent most of last year calling it "the China Virus" or "Kung Flu" and most of the previous 3+ years stirring up racial division in America whenever he could.

I remember it being reported in Europe last year and it was just in the news again a few weeks ago...

Maybe the facepalm was harsh because it's conceivable that you genuinely didn't know but it just seemed like a pretty dense question.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Because of course last year's rise in anti-Asian sentiment in the US was because of COVID. Trump spent most of last year calling it "the China Virus" or "Kung Flu" and most of the previous 3+ years stirring up racial division in America whenever he could.

I remember it being reported in Europe last year and it was just in the news again a few weeks ago...

Maybe the facepalm was harsh because it's conceivable that you genuinely didn't know but it just seemed like a pretty dense question.
Definitely harsh, he even referenced it in the question lol

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I asked if it was that or there was more to it.

being 3000 miles away we only see what grabs the headlines.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Twat! Like getting the perspective of a local is a bad thing rather than relying on the lame stream media.
The punchline of the China virus joke appears to be that the orange haired idiot might have been right for once. Albeit US funded China virus. Literally could not make this shit up.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lame stream media? Yikes. And what do you mean "the punchline"? Have you just found out it originated in China?

The abuse that Asian Americans were on the end of after Trump repeatedly called it the China virus is one of the main reasons the latest major strain which originated in India was named the Delta variant - to avoid stigmatising swathes of people around the world and subjecting them to racial abuse from fucking scummy arseholes.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
There is literally a shit ton of news articles on this and the emails do not look good for Fauchi.

In essence it seems like US funded research at the Wuhan lab covering gain of function changes to the bat virus. Something illegal in the US. Also Fauchi is on record as saying why would they do such dangerous in their own backyard. Not a good look.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Quite a decent summary. Take whichever side you want but it is being turned into a political hot 🥔

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The fact that all AAA games now appear to be at least £55

And mostly terrible anyway.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Absolutely nothing in any of those links contains a shred of credible evidence for 'US funded China virus'.

There was some minor funding from the NIH to support the lab's research into how viruses transfer from bats to humans, which was really sensible because that's what happened with SARS1 and MERS.

The leap from 'researching how things happen' to 'paying to make things happen' is laughable.

Rand Paul and Tucker Carlson were leading this mental leap it seems. That kind of says it all.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Covid's really very very highly unlikely to be deliberate in any way.

It could be a natural leap or an accidental lab release.

Both of those are completely plausible but we'll never know either way.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Absolutely nothing in any of those links contains a shred of credible evidence for 'US funded China virus'.

There was some minor funding from the NIH to support the lab's research into how viruses transfer from bats to humans, which was really sensible because that's what happened with SARS1 and MERS.

The leap from 'researching how things happen' to 'paying to make things happen' is laughable.

Rand Paul and Tucker Carlson were leading this mental leap it seems. That kind of says it all.

Not sure why you're bringing in Carlson into this. He is likely just jumping on a bandwagon to blame Biden. Don't know anyone who takes his views seriously. Actually it was Washington Post that ran the first stories that I saw. Don't watch any Fox as they are just touting political bs along with CNN. Did not watch the senate hearings either so no idea what any GOP senator is saying. only stuff I have read about the hearing was in the Telegraph which gave a more balanced view.

Agree, it is not absolute proof but way too many coincidences. As stated the emails don't look good. Hopefully they will actually investigate further. although, I suspect not now Biden has stated his full support for Fauchi.

Still funding research (3rd party or otherwise) in something that was illegal in the US is bloody dodgy and terrible optics. They even had over 250 scientists sign a document telling them to stop but that was ignored. Most news outlets are stating it will affect China massively moving forward, the trusted partner relationship is evaporating quickly and that is more scarry than any of the US politics.

Wave it all off as conspiracy if want. Personally I have seen too much on this for the last 18 months to discount it entirely as some alt right Trump BS. We may never know the full truth but I definitely don't believe we have heard the last of it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Covid's really very very highly unlikely to be deliberate in any way.

It could be a natural leap or an accidental lab release.

Both of those are completely plausible but we'll never know either way.

Agree, if it did originate at the Wuhan lab it was accidental.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tis why i buy games from cd keys where you mostly get them for 30 some quid.
And from here, obviously!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Not sure why you're bringing in Carlson into this. He is likely just jumping on a bandwagon to blame Biden. Don't know anyone who takes his views seriously. Actually it was Washington Post that ran the first stories that I saw. Don't watch any Fox as they are just touting political bs along with CNN. Did not watch the senate hearings either so no idea what any GOP senator is saying. only stuff I have read about the hearing was in the Telegraph which gave a more balanced view.

Agree, it is not absolute proof but way too many coincidences. As stated the emails don't look good. Hopefully they will actually investigate further. although, I suspect not now Biden has stated his full support for Fauchi.

Still funding research (3rd party or otherwise) in something that was illegal in the US is bloody dodgy and terrible optics. They even had over 250 scientists sign a document telling them to stop but that was ignored. Most news outlets are stating it will affect China massively moving forward, the trusted partner relationship is evaporating quickly and that is more scarry than any of the US politics.

Wave it all off as conspiracy if want. Personally I have seen too much on this for the last 18 months to discount it entirely as some alt right Trump BS. We may never know the full truth but I definitely don't believe we have heard the last of it.

Trump pedalled the China Virus shit to get reelected because lots of Americans were dying, not because he was actually bothered about accusing China and punishing them.

At the end of the day, the Wuhan lab was widely respected, shit happens...

The international community pretty much agreed not to play the blame game, the only ones that did were doing it because they did shit and wanted a scapegoat, and we're populist cunts- US/Brazil

What I want to know the answers for is how did Russia make a vaccine so quickly? Mothballed Soviet labs?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Trump pedalled the China Virus shit to get reelected because lots of Americans were dying, not because he was actually bothered about accusing China and punishing them.

At the end of the day, the Wuhan lab was widely respected, shit happens...

The international community pretty much agreed not to play the blame game, the only ones that did were doing it because they did shit and wanted a scapegoat, and we're populist cunts- US/Brazil

What I want to know the answers for is how did Russia make a vaccine so quickly? Mothballed Soviet labs?

Skimped on testing. Apparently Sputnik is a pretty crappy vaccine.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
So I attempted my first Open University module exam today. 3 hours to answer 4 *hard* questions. I managed to complete the first question at what I felt like was a quick pace and looked at the clock. 2 hours had passed :eek:

Resit here I come ...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So I attempted my first Open University module exam today. 3 hours to answer 4 *hard* questions. I managed to complete the first question at what I felt like was a quick pace and looked at the clock. 2 hours had passed :eek:

Resit here I come ...
How do they do exams now? On a pc with a cut off timer? Or you had to goto a place to tale it?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Resit here I come ...
I would've thought your timekeeping would be a bit better with all your fancy watches. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom