SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're wrong. They are not visible once in the earth's shadow. Like all other satellites, they can only be seen when sunlight strikes them. Dusk and Dawn.

The scientists worried about this may have a minor point, but it's only minor, and the gains to society from having full global access to the internet massively outweigh any issues they have.

Yeah, no. Even if I go with you, "dusk and dawn" are magical times. I don't want them fucked for the rest of my life.

SpaceX is doing cool stuff. But I wouldn't cry if someone put a bullet in his head over this. It's akin to geoengineering IMO. You shouldn't be able to make a change to our natural world that affects everyone on the planet without real bought-in consent of a huge majority.

Especially not when there are other solutions.

Happy @MYstIC G? :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think space exploration is our purpose as a species, if SpaceX wanna bank roll that by providing global gigabyte internet connections to people that have never had access to it before then why the fuck not?

It seems to be endemic in human thinking that it's OK to trivially fuck over some things because we don't particularly value them. That thinking has lead to the environmental catastrophes we currently face. This is different, but also the same.

We have alternatives. More expensive alternatives, yes. But then maybe we should learn the lesson that cost saving is not the only objective and not a default justification.

The sky doesn't belong to Elon Musk.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It seems to be endemic in human thinking that it's OK to trivially fuck over some things because we don't particularly value them. That thinking has lead to the environmental catastrophes we currently face. This is different, but also the same.

We have alternatives. More expensive alternatives, yes. But then maybe we should learn the lesson that cost saving is not the only objective and not a default justification.

The sky doesn't belong to Elon Musk.

As I say, I think it's vitally important for us to explore space, we live in a capitalistic system and it's the only way that we're getting to space, as we don't have the cold war drive anymore, and look at the progress made in the last 10 years or so, thanks to private enterprise.

Obviously like any rational person I fear the monetisation of space but I don't see an alternative, unless you do, comrade? ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As I say, I think it's vitally important for us to explore space
I think it's not just vitally important - I know it's an existential issue for the human race.

We don't do that by fucking the sky with free internet dongles.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think it's not just vitally important - I know it's an existential issue for the human race.

We don't do that by fucking the sky with free internet dongles.
He is unilaterally affecting the view / experience of 7 billion people. Just cause he is rich.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, no. Even if I go with you, "dusk and dawn" are magical times. I don't want them fucked for the rest of my life.

SpaceX is doing cool stuff. But I wouldn't cry if someone put a bullet in his head over this. It's akin to geoengineering IMO. You shouldn't be able to make a change to our natural world that affects everyone on the planet without real bought-in consent of a huge majority.

Especially not when there are other solutions.

Happy @MYstIC G? :)

You can already see satellites at those times, they appear briefly, for perhaps a second or two. You can see the International Space Station at those times too, although that remains for minutes at a time.

But you ain't going to see Starlink satellites in their proper orbits unless you're doing long exposures on a camera. They're as inconsequential as the satellites already up there.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I disagree that the sattelites already up there are inconsequential.

That's my starting point.

We're turning space into a junkyard. Sometimes a very visible one. We should have a really really really good reason not to use alternatives if we have them. Which in this case we do.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The new electric Ford Mustang. Trashing the heritage of the muscle car in one go. Surely they could have made it at least look like a muscle car rather than a mid size SUV.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The new electric Ford Mustang. Trashing the heritage of the muscle car in one go. Surely they could have made it at least look like a muscle car rather than a mid size SUV.
Ugh. Yeh it looks shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Stick a V8 in it and it would still be shit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Absolute bell end. I think he might have to go away on holiday soon though, sounds like people are going to make his life a misery.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Skateboard Karen from their angle:
I actually feel sorry for him (like, the very tiniest amount) tbh. He came across all rich-but-reasonable-twat, but he was totally undermined by his karen (who actually showed what it was all about).

Either way. Not crying. Beep for the bellends!

Shame it's not krank it for the karen or something. She's the nastier of the two - but it's him that's in the papers, like she's not culpable for her own actions.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g9_wfkYjfo

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Epic Games Store exclusives. They now annoy me so much I hope Apple wipe the floor with them in court. They've now got SEGA doing it. Wankers.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I actually feel sorry for him (like, the very tiniest amount) tbh. He came across all rich-but-reasonable-twat, but he was totally undermined by his karen (who actually showed what it was all about).

Either way. Not crying. Beep for the bellends!

Shame it's not krank it for the karen or something. She's the nastier of the two - but it's him that's in the papers, like she's not culpable for her own actions.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g9_wfkYjfo

The lie 'I have donated $250k (or whatever he said) to make a new skate park else where?'

bollocks. :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Guardian in "lazy cba doing 5 minutes of research" shock

uncritical Guardian journo said:
It claimed too that Patowl had copied a pattern from the Zapotec community in San Antonino Castillo Velasco for its floral blouses, which are trimmed with lace and delicate embroidery

That would be lace, a material developed in Flanders, otherwise known in the olden days as the Spanish Netherlands. So who was appropriating who exactly? Fucking "cultural appropriation". Out for a quick buck twats more like.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I quite like the new tab design and the dark theme is much more polished - you can now easily see which tab is active, which is helpful.
I've never found any need to look at the tabs to figure out which one is active. If I'm looking at Firefox the active tab is the site I'm looking at.

I'm not against UI changes but Mozilla seems to be oblivious that people use Firefox because they are long term users, it came with their Linux desktop or they don't want to use Chrome. They destroyed the add-ons community, they've ruined Firefox mobile now this is being forced rather than being optional.

With each passing release Firefox is becoming more like Chrome and honestly I'm at the point where I'll happily switch to Edge if I figure out the extensions because they keep moving stuff and fucking up my muscle memory.

Given I've used Firefox for over 15 years even during the times when it's performance couldn't get close to Chrome, they're shooting themselves in the foot by not accomodating choice.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've never found any need to look at the tabs to figure out which one is active. If I'm looking at Firefox the active tab is the site I'm looking at.
Well, yeah. :) But it's useful to know where you are on the tab bar if, for example, you use keyboard shortcuts to navigate between them.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Chrome Browser enabling tab hover cards again and taking away the option to remove them :mad:

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Got my tea, sat down for a bit of Mechwarrior 5 before doing weekend chores. Somehow, I logged into Citrix for remote work without even thinking. Time to go back to the office!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Got my tea, sat down for a bit of Mechwarrior 5 before doing weekend chores. Somehow, I logged into Citrix for remote work without even thinking. Time to go back to the office!
Nah never back to the office. Amount of cash saved and time in commuting its just not worth it from a n employee point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom