SPAM random annoying things

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm spending the money I would be spending on a graphics card on this;

Is it compatible with your computer :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Is anyone else having problems looking at Wikipedia on Chrome? Pages won't render properly. Its fine on Chrome on my phone.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucking steam.

So I have the mobile app and when I enter my login details it tells me it is protected by the Steam Mobile Guard Authenticator app (seem to remember this years ago). Anyway, there is no app called that, apparently it is now part of the app I am attempting to login to but cannot as it does not display any codes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Check your emails. Had the same issue the other day when linking my xbox account

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking steam.

So I have the mobile app and when I enter my login details it tells me it is protected by the Steam Mobile Guard Authenticator app (seem to remember this years ago). Anyway, there is no app called that, apparently it is now part of the app I am attempting to login to but cannot as it does not display any codes.
When you signed up for it (you had to do it through the Steam app), it gave you a code to put in to rescue the account which it told you to write down somewhere... The authenticator codes are there for me on the login screen, it looks just like any other TOTP app.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
When you signed up for it (you had to do it through the Steam app), it gave you a code to put in to rescue the account which it told you to write down somewhere... The authenticator codes are there for me on the login screen, it looks just like any other TOTP app.
Top Of The Pops?

*jimmy savile gif*

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking impossible to buy a graphics card these days. It's my son's birthday soon and the market is still totally fucked.
Ethereum miners have been told (by core devs) to prepare for mining to come to an end by the end of this year so I expect the second-hand situation (availability and price) to improve dramatically over the next few months.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would want a source for that sort of claim.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Has anyone figured out how much it costs to fuel to current currencies?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
There were some reports the other day saying that currency mining was using more leccy than some medium sized countries so I'm guessing its's that total figure divided by number of transactions.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There are millions of transactions though.

If it was X amount of bitcoins = Y amount of CO2 to generate and therefore has a measurable environmental cost per coin then I would believe it but not a transaction itself.

DaGaffer

There's been lots of studies into the environmental costs of paper money and credit/debit card production, which are both bad, but are being managed down as cash goes away and even physical cards go. Then the marginal costs of debit/credit card transactions are vastly lower than Bitcoin or Ethereum though.

But more importantly, Bitcoin isn't really being used as a transactional currency, just a speculation tool. While a Visa transaction still uses energy, at least I can buy dinner with it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I still don't get what the generation of bitcoins actually does except burn through a lot of unnecessary power, therefore unnecessary damage to the environment. If it was something like working on proteins or scanning space for planets or even SETI etc then I could understand.

The only day-to-day thing Bitcoin is used to purchase seems to be drugs (And Teslas it seems...)

As for the value of a coin, it just seems to be determined by supply and demand and easily manipulated to make rich people a lot richer, see the recent shenanigans.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
He’s right. Saying you care about global warming but supporting Bitcoin is cognitive dissonance.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
He’s right. Saying you care about global warming but supporting Bitcoin is cognitive dissonance.

I think we're all a bit guilty of cognitive dissonance when it comes to global warming though, we just like to pick on things that are easy to fix and very conveniently have lots of opposition.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sky mobile double charging my wife for a phone. She had an early upgrade as part of the 2-year deal, you could swap the phone early so long as it was via Sky, returned the old phone the day after the new one arrived, sky lost it.

They have acknowledged that they received it then lost it and if I hadn't being going through the monthly bills they would be charging her for two phones for the next 6 months.

They agreed it was their error, so future bills should now be fine but are now refusing to return the extra £30, the vapour chamber on the phone couldn't even understand what was going on and was apparently working completely unsupervised. Useless cunts, just cancelled my £90 a month TV/broadband with them, fuck'um.

Makes you wonder how much of this shit they actually get away with when people pay by direct debit and don't check their bank accounts.

DaGaffer

Sky mobile double charging my wife for a phone. She had an early upgrade as part of the 2-year deal, you could swap the phone early so long as it was via Sky, returned the old phone the day after the new one arrived, sky lost it.

They have acknowledged that they received it then lost it and if I hadn't being going through the monthly bills they would be charging her for two phones for the next 6 months.

They agreed it was their error, so future bills should now be fine but are now refusing to return the extra £30, the vapour chamber on the phone couldn't even understand what was going on and was apparently working completely unsupervised. Useless cunts, just cancelled my £90 a month TV/broadband with them, fuck'um.

Makes you wonder how much of this shit they actually get away with when people pay by direct debit and don't check their bank accounts.

I was having weird issues with my Sky Q boxes last week that no amount of reboots was fixing, and I was absolutely dreading having to call them; they are spectacularly bad at customer service even though I actually quite like their product. And yes, they've double charged me for stuff in the past.

Fortunately the problem seems to have gone away (I think it was actually caused by some issue between the router and the Sky box in the end even though the logs aren't showing anything obvious.). For now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom