SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because it's cheap, quick and easy...basically.
And legal.

Make it illegal, with punitive fines and potential jail terms for water company CEO's then it'd stop pretty quick.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hermes are fine, if you don't mind searching all the hedge rows in a 5 mile radius of the place they claim to have delivered it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hermes are fine, if you don't mind searching all the hedge rows in a 5 mile radius of the place they claim to have delivered it.
Status updates literally say "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility" followed by "Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster"

Seriously 🤦

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Status updates literally say "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility" followed by "Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster"

Seriously 🤦

Verbatim From the Hermes employee handbook:

10. Deliveries
10.5: Important Codes
1. If a fellow employee within a 10 mile radius of you has successfully delivered a package: You must fail to deliver the current package you're carrying and claim "natural disaster"

20. Terminology
Natural Disaster: "A 'Natural Disaster' is a commonly used phrase at Hermes and is simply a more safe for work way of saying "We're fucking useless"

Don't ask how I got this.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Verbatim From the Hermes employee handbook:

10. Deliveries
10.5: Important Codes
1. If a fellow employee within a 10 mile radius of you has successfully delivered a package: You must fail to deliver the current package you're carrying and claim "natural disaster"

20. Terminology
Natural Disaster: "A 'Natural Disaster' is a commonly used phrase at Hermes and is simply a more safe for work way of saying "We're fucking useless"

Don't ask how I got this.
Yeah, I imagine it's like this in their company:

"Pfft, that's not getting delivered today, so lets just say it went to the wrong distribution centre so we don't get any complaints... oh shit, wait... if we say that the client can pay us less as it's no longer a one day delivery, can't have that... err... fuck it, lets just say there was an earthquake, after all who's going to check?"

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I've stopped using firms because they use Hermes, and told them as much. Same with Yodel.

DPD can make it work, absolutely no reason others can't.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I've stopped using firms because they use Hermes, and told them as much. Same with Yodel.

DPD can make it work, absolutely no reason others can't.

Whats the pricing difference though at such a level? I suspect that may be why.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah, I imagine it's like this in their company:

"Pfft, that's not getting delivered today, so lets just say it went to the wrong distribution centre so we don't get any complaints... oh shit, wait... if we say that the client can pay us less as it's no longer a one day delivery, can't have that... err... fuck it, lets just say there was an earthquake, after all who's going to check?"

They're not the only ones to use the "natural disaster" line; I've had that from UPS twice, once when I knew my item was in their DC less than five miles from me.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
VPS hosting providers.

Me: "Excuse me, my VPS isn't responding"
Them: "Oh, looks like automatic update broke some system files. We've created you a new VPS"
Me (a day or so later as their ticketing system didn't send any update notifications): "Err, what automatic updates? Plus, can you copy the /home/ directory to the new server then?"
Them: "Oh, no we can't do that because we deleted the old VPS"

Thankfully it's nothing I can't recover from elsewhere but that's certainly not something that's getting renewed.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've rented a dedicated server for a few years but realise I really don't need the power so am looking for a capable VPS at the moment. I've had one from Contabo before and it was fine but I have no idea how they're so cheap. They're so cheap I'm thinking there must be some sort of trickery about what they're offering - "10 cores", 60 GB of RAM, 1600 GB of SSD storage for £~25 a month? That doesn't sound right.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
What kind of hosting provider has access to your VM's to do automatic patching in the first place outside of you control? I guess you get what you pay for.
Honestly, I think it was just total BS from them. It feels more like they maybe lost a disk and it got trashed.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Honestly, I think it was just total BS from them. It feels more like they maybe lost a disk and it got trashed.

That I can believe. I just create lots of dummy email accounts on a domain I own and sign up on each for the free one year AWS trial period as required. Run the server at home and tunnel everything from AWS back to my real server. End up paying less than $10 a month.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The only thing more annoying than Chris Roberts running a virtual car sales event is the fact that I went to click on Doom Eternal last night in the steam client and it's not there!

It's un-installed itself from the steam library. I'm hoping not from the PC completely as I don't want to have to do another 3 day install :eek:

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've rented a dedicated server for a few years but realise I really don't need the power so am looking for a capable VPS at the moment. I've had one from Contabo before and it was fine but I have no idea how they're so cheap. They're so cheap I'm thinking there must be some sort of trickery about what they're offering - "10 cores", 60 GB of RAM, 1600 GB of SSD storage for £~25 a month? That doesn't sound right.
A result of the world moving from physical cores to virtual cores I guess?

Gwadien

The only thing more annoying than Chris Roberts running a virtual car sales event is the fact that I went to click on Doom Eternal last night in the steam client and it's not there!

It's un-installed itself from the steam library. I'm hoping not from the PC completely as I don't want to have to do another 3 day install :eek:

Funnily enough I was talking to like 4 guys that play star citizen already and were saying its pretty good and the future looks promising for it.

I guess it's nice to get the opinion of people that actually play the game ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
My optician telling me "wow you really can't see anything" no shit Sherlock thats why im here to get new glasses

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Funnily enough I was talking to like 4 guys that play star citizen already and were saying its pretty good and the future looks promising for it.

I guess it's nice to get the opinion of people that actually play the game ;)
1) It's not a game yet.
2) How much have these fanbois spent between them on something that hasn't been released and isn't feature complete?

oh, and:

3) I've played it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's like 70-80 a year worldwide.

I actually think reporting on them is damaging not just for sharks but also humans.

Lots of people in blighty terrified of the sea and missing out for no good reason.
Most ppl in the uk afraid of finding a brown trout or used condom floating near them than a shark tbh.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Recipes with absurdly unreasonable expectations, no i dont fucking have a bag of ground arrowroot to use as a thickener

Gwadien

Half an hour ago Hermes 'delivered' a parcel to me, on the next street along...

:(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What I do is check with the supplier who they use, if it's Hermes I just say no thanks, I will shop elsewhere. More people need to do that. They are a completely useless delivery company. The OU used to use them and I always had to go looking for my books.

Unfortunately Amazon on occasion use them so they can't be avoided all together but at least with Amazon you get decent customer service.

Gwadien

What I do is check with the supplier who they use, if it's Hermes I just say no thanks, I will shop elsewhere. More people need to do that. They are a completely useless delivery company. The OU used to use them and I always had to go looking for my books.

Unfortunately Amazon on occasion use them so they can't be avoided all together but at least with Amazon you get decent customer service.

Yeah, tried to contact Hermes customer service, just fobs you along and says yeah but it's been delivered, so it's impossible to get in touch with a human.

I rang up Vision Express and they said oh we have more info a guy called Mikesh signed for it (information I did not have before) so I went around and no-one is answering.

I've told Vision Express over the phone that I will no longer use them if they continue to use Hermes, but I do feel like as a customer buying glasses once in a blue moon I don't think they'll really give much of a shit.

Cunts though, useless cunts.

The best part is that I saw a car (obviously, it's fucking Hermes) drive down the road full of parcels and then he got to the end of the street and turned around, he must have realised he delivered it to the wrong house but he doesn't give a shit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, tried to contact Hermes customer service, just fobs you along and says yeah but it's been delivered, so it's impossible to get in touch with a human.

I rang up Vision Express and they said oh we have more info a guy called Mikesh signed for it (information I did not have before) so I went around and no-one is answering.

I've told Vision Express over the phone that I will no longer use them if they continue to use Hermes, but I do feel like as a customer buying glasses once in a blue moon I don't think they'll really give much of a shit.

Cunts though, useless cunts.

The best part is that I saw a car (obviously, it's fucking Hermes) drive down the road full of parcels and then he got to the end of the street and turned around, he must have realised he delivered it to the wrong house but he doesn't give a shit.
Its the companys responsibility until you get them in your hand so you should be able to get them to resend.

Gwadien

Its the companys responsibility until you get them in your hand so you should be able to get them to resend.

Yep, but that means another 6-10 day wait.

Today was the 11th day, so potentially I'm looking at a 22 day wait for some glasses that I need as I broke my other pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom