SPAM random annoying things

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Could it be that I'm getting a lower credit score because banks realise they won't make any money on me?
That's my understanding. Their perfect client is one borrowing within limits, paying back on time every month, letting them earn interest for a 5 year period.

I'd rather be debt free and have a slightly worse rating personally, given that's where you seem to be, I'd stay there!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's my understanding. Their perfect client is one borrowing within limits, paying back on time every month, letting them earn interest for a 5 year period.

I'd rather be debt free and have a slightly worse rating personally, given that's where you seem to be, I'd stay there!

This, if you don't need credit then it doesn't really matter, anything over 900 is fine.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll be looking to increase lending, which is what annoys.

Doer-upper farmhouses in Wales are only cheap until you factor in renovation costs...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I ordered a second SIM on my mobile contract to put it in a 4g router as a backup internet supply. I had to go on Orange's site and activate it. A relatively straightforward process, you might think. I went to the "activate your SIM card" bit, put in the 13-digit code on the card and got back "this SIM can't be activated". It was a brand new sim, still in it's credit card popout thing, but it said it couldn't be activated. So I got on to Orange today and explained, they tried and said "ah no it's defective, you'll have to wait for another one". So now I have wait another week for something I already waited a week for.

Not a massive inconvenience, as long as t'inter doesn't go down in the mean time, but it's random and annoying. And a thing.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I ordered a second SIM on my mobile contract to put it in a 4g router as a backup internet supply. I had to go on Orange's site and activate it. A relatively straightforward process, you might think. I went to the "activate your SIM card" bit, put in the 13-digit code on the card and got back "this SIM can't be activated". It was a brand new sim, still in it's credit card popout thing, but it said it couldn't be activated. So I got on to Orange today and explained, they tried and said "ah no it's defective, you'll have to wait for another one". So now I have wait another week for something I already waited a week for.

Not a massive inconvenience, as long as t'inter doesn't go down in the mean time, but it's random and annoying. And a thing.
Can't you just tether to your phone in an emergency?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I went a bit over the top on the Christmas tree this year, its 8-9 feet. Put it up ok, and at about 2AM, down it came. Cue me running around DIY stores this morning trying to find a bigger stand. Fucking thing cost nearly as much as the tree.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Every year i swear (as im trying to get tree straight) that im going to get a new stand next year, then on day we get the tree i forget and end up struggling again... Maybe this year

The stand we have was bought in 80s, nothing lasts anymore i guess

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Every year i swear (as im trying to get tree straight) that im going to get a new stand next year, then on day we get the tree i forget and end up struggling again... Maybe this year

The stand we have was bought in 80s, nothing lasts anymore i guess
My solution is to not put up tree or decs :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not being allowed to call people dumb fucking cunts at work.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
And on similar lines, silly managers trying to move us all over to Slack as its a "central place we all have access to we can use to communicate".

What, like email you mean? Email with instant messaging built in? That kind of central place?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
And on similar lines, silly managers trying to move us all over to Slack as its a "central place we all have access to we can use to communicate".

What, like email you mean? Email with instant messaging built in? That kind of central place?
Not used Slack, but MS Teams is great to be fair.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

We use slack. It took a while to convince me but it works pretty well.

i tend to use email only for external coms or when we need a paper trail now.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Slack is great, its like IRC but with a pretty UI.

I had to use some cisco webex thing the other day when working with a partner and it was terrible :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We've just started to use Teams and I find the video less stable than Zoom but the rest of it seems OK. My team also uses Mural for whiteboarding/collaboration. My missus uses Slack and she reckons its better than Teams.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We've just started to use Teams and I find the video less stable than Zoom but the rest of it seems OK. My team also uses Mural for whiteboarding/collaboration. My missus uses Slack and she reckons its better than Teams.
We use zoom and slack. Zooms not bad really. Teams i used it a little and the video has worked ok. But i donno it feels dirty cause its Microsoft haha

Bodhi

It's probably an implementation issue, as at the minute only Sales and anyone who works with Sales uses it - so if you have to bring someone else in to the conversation (or reach out if you're a corporate drone), you have to either invite them to Slack or summarise the entire conversation in an email.

Thing is we've already got G Suite, which has loads of tools already in there for talking to people - Mail, Chat, Meet, Docs etc etc. I'm, still struggling to see what Slack adds tbh.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The Amazon one is utter wank but they insist on using it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Slack is great, its like IRC but with a pretty UI.

I had to use some cisco webex thing the other day when working with a partner and it was terrible :(
Webex is absolutely fucking wank but lots of people use it.

Bodhi

Becuase we use Google and half our customer have blocked Google access on their networks, I've had a chance to test drive pretty much all the Conferencing solutions out there now:

Teams - pretty good, can be a bit of a pain if you don't have a linked Microsoft account (which we don't).
Zoom - fairly basic, but I guess all the development effort went into fitting back doors for the CCP. Try to avoid it where possible.
Google Meet - actually really good, shame everywhere blocks it
Webex - gash
Go To Meeting - not as good as it was when Citrix owned it but still very serviceable
Bluejeans - only used it once, slick interface was about all I can remember

Bodhi

Why would they block access specifically to Google?

Seems quite common - in Europe especially - to allow access to google.com but then block it as soon as you try to log in, so no access to Gmail, Docs etc. Add in the fact Google Meet only really works properly with Chrome, it creates a few issues. Most of our delivery team still use Go To Meeting for this very reason.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why would they block access specifically to Google?
Lots of ppl block zoom now also. Half the time we have to use the customers solution cause of all the unpassworded zoom meetings that got crashed early in the lockdown

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Seems quite common - in Europe especially - to allow access to google.com but then block it as soon as you try to log in, so no access to Gmail, Docs etc. Add in the fact Google Meet only really works properly with Chrome, it creates a few issues. Most of our delivery team still use Go To Meeting for this very reason.
This is true. Google Meet works great on Chrome (regardless of OS) but is buggy as shit on Safari or Firefox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom