SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd be tempted to send Vision Express an invoice for your time and a short, polite, complaint that they use Hermes and you won't continue to use them if they continue to use them in their supply chain.

Good chance it'll get looked at by management, low chance of success. But little things help.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'd be tempted to send Vision Express an invoice for your time and a short, polite, complaint that they use Hermes and you won't continue to use them if they continue to use them in their supply chain.

Good chance it'll get looked at by management, low chance of success. But little things help.
Or try one of the other vendors who dont use them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just come back from the pub - we went for a bit of lunch at a local cafe that's done a good job on the social distancing and stopped by a pub on the way back as we thought fuck it, fancy a pint. Had a lovely pint of this :)

A girl came over to ask for some track and trace details:

"What's your name?" I tell her. Absolutely fine.
"What's your address and postcode please". I tell her. Absolutely fine.
"Can I have your phone number please". I tell her. Absolutely fine (address and contact details are a fundamental part of any track and trace system. It's unreasonable to withhold them).
"Have you got any ID to prove this please?" . I pull out my driving licence, that I don't ordinarily carry around with me, and show her.

I'm not really fine with this. Are you calling me a liar?

Not the girl, of course, she's just doing her job. But the government is stating that they don't trust me and requiring hard ID, which we generally don't have a requirement for in the UK. It's saying we don't trust you to tell the truth. And I'm not happy with that.

Yes, it might make things harder for twats to abuse the current system and go to pubs they're not allowed to go to. But this isn't about them, it's about me and my individual liberty as a trustworthy citizen. I act like a responsible, trustworth adult and I expect to be treated like one in my day-to-day dealings.

If you enforce this requirement you aren't treating me with that respect. You might say "it's not a big deal" - and in the grand scheme of things you can make that argument. But it's another of these thin-end wedges. "Oh, we had hard ID for coronavirus and it didn't hurt anyone, lets use it in other situations" - and suddenly we've got hard ID across the UK. And the very nature of our relationship with government has changed.

The existence of lying idiots isn't going to change. We shouldn't be changing our whole way of working because of a few bad apples. This point has been democratically made and voted on before with the whole ID cards thing - and we've come to a resolution. Governments have a long, sordid track record of bringing in requirements under emergency powers and then these things sticking.

So, going forward, I'll be bringing my ID to the pub, to buy a beer. And feel a little sting every time I bring it out. It's a small thing, but I find it upsetting - precicely because I don't break the law. I don't need policing. I'm an adult and can be trusted to do the right thing.

But if this grows, and starts to be used more widely, I won't be that adult. If they treat me like a criminal, I'll start acting like one. In small ways, that I feel are proportionate. Little mostly pointless acts of rebellion. I'll start in my own sad way to subvert the system. In the same way that when Labour made cannabis a class A drug there was an immediate uptake in it's use (because that's how humans work) - if the government renegs on it's obligation to trust me to do the right thing, I'll start proving them right, deliberately.

Human society should have trust at it's core. We acknowledge that this is imperfect, but it's infinitely preferable to the other way of doing things.

Covid should not be allowed to bring that reality about.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just come back from the pub - we went for a bit of lunch at a local cafe that's done a good job on the social distancing and stopped by a pub on the way back as we thought fuck it, fancy a pint. Had a lovely pint of this :)

"Can I have your phone number please". I tell her. Absolutely fine (address and contact details are a fundamental part of any track and trace system. It's unreasonable to withhold them).
"Have you got any ID to prove this please?" . I pull out my driving licence, that I don't ordinarily carry around with me, and show her.

Not the girl, of course, she's just doing her job. But the government is stating that they don't trust me and requiring hard ID, which we generally don't have a requirement for in the UK. It's saying we don't trust you to tell the truth. And I'm not happy with that.

Yes, it might make things harder for twats to abuse the current system and go to pubs they're not allowed to go to. But this isn't about them, it's about me and my individual liberty as a trustworthy citizen. I act like a responsible, trustworth adult and I expect to be treated like one in my day-to-day dealings.

If you enforce this requirement you aren't treating me with that respect. You might say "it's not a big deal" - and in the grand scheme of things you can make that argument. But it's another of these thin-end wedges. "Oh, we had hard ID for coronavirus and it didn't hurt anyone, lets use it in other situations" - and suddenly we've got hard ID across the UK. And the very nature of our relationship with government has changed.

The existence of lying idiots isn't going to change. We shouldn't be changing our whole way of working because of a few bad apples. This point has been democratically made and voted on before with the whole ID cards thing - and we've come to a resolution. Governments have a long, sordid track record of bringing in requirements under emergency powers and then these things sticking.

So, going forward, I'll be bringing my ID to the pub, to buy a beer. And feel a little sting every time I bring it out. It's a small thing, but I find it upsetting - precicely because I don't break the law. I don't need policing. I'm an adult and can be trusted to do the right thing.

But if this grows, and starts to be used more widely, I won't be that adult. If they treat me like a criminal, I'll start acting like one. In small ways, that I feel are proportionate. Little mostly pointless acts of rebellion. I'll start in my own sad way to subvert the system. In the same way that when Labour made cannabis a class A drug there was an immediate uptake in it's use (because that's how humans work) - if the government renegs on it's obligation to trust me to do the right thing, I'll start proving them right, deliberately.

Human society should have trust at it's core. We acknowledge that this is imperfect, but it's infinitely preferable to the other way of doing things.

Lots of ppl do break the rules. Would you rather some tier 3 hot bed of virus was next to you in the pub cause they didnt have to prove where they were from?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lots of ppl do break the rules. Would you rather some tier 3 hot bed of virus was next to you in the pub cause they didnt have to prove where they were from?
If it means that the law-abiding majority have to go through life treated in the way I described?

Yes. Absolutely. 100%. Definitely.

Fear of covid is a pathetic excuse to change our whole dynamic.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well this is all going really well isnt it.
Arbitary tiers for areas of the country and you need an ID to prove your not from the banished wasteland.

I guess this is just another trial for western civilisation, and its desire to cover every eventuality.
I thought we were all going to come together in some glorious multicultural, multi gendered nirvana, one sneeze and a black person didnt get a job and were digging trenches

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well this is all going really well isnt it.
Arbitary tiers for areas of the country and you need an ID to prove your not from the banished wasteland.

I guess this is just another trial for western civilisation, and its desire to cover every eventuality.
I thought we were all going to come together in some glorious multicultural, multi gendered nirvana, one sneeze and a black person didnt get a job and were digging trenches

OK, and I'll include @Deebs in this. Please explain, clearly, why you feel the need to mention the 'colour' of anyone's skin in this post? I'll read your response, but I can't see any reason to not ban you right now... this is me being lenient, FYI.

Job

You cant give black people equality while protecting them from satire.
You really, actually want me not to talk about black people unless its in a positive light....even when Im pointing out the atrocities we drop on them, I still have to refrain from typing the word, like the Macbeth play.
I pointed out reddits mod policy of a whole host of banned words which gets the post auto deleted.

Do you actually think this is a good thing, that it will lead to a fairer society if we just ban the fuck out of it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You cant give black people equality while protecting them from satire.
You really, actually want me not to talk about black people unless its in a positive light....even when Im pointing out the atrocities we drop on them, I still have to refrain from typing the word, like the Macbeth play.
I pointed out reddits mod policy of a whole host of banned words which gets the post auto deleted.

Do you actually think this is a good thing, that it will lead to a fairer society if we just ban the fuck out of it.
Nobody understands what you are trying to say from this @Job.

We were talking about covid, ID and increasing authoritarianism and you started talking about black people and multiculturalism. Then @Jupitus asked you for an explanation - and you said this?

Is it me? Can anyone else decipher what's going on?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nope. He is talking utter bollocks again.

and again

and again

and again.

It's extremely tedious.

@Job you're too thick to change anyone's mind, not that anyone round here is interested in your casual racism; so why not either shut the fuck up about it or go back to whatever hole you get told your opinions?

Job

I made a satirical comment about Scouses comments on ID and the fact that racial tensions are increasing...posted the link on one of the threads.
Its not my problem that you are all scared shitless of approaching the subject from all 360 degrees, theyve done a good job of reducing debate to 'dont mention it or youll be banned' and that you have jumped on that train and are bustling to get a seat at the front.

We are facing a game changing corner in race relations and the rules from the offset is no debate.
So its going to go just dandy isnt it.

I know your reply will be...
But you dont talk about within the rules of polite ..too fucking scared to say jack shit.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Dont they require ID if you look under 30 anyway? With all your cycling and healthy eating i would have thought you look like a shining baby faced 20 year old ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can anyone else decipher what's going on?
Nope, I really cannot figure out the relationship between the two of you.

Over here you're both close to scratching each others eyes out and on another thread you're both reasonably exchanging property/construction advice.

It's a real head-scratcher... :p

Job

Nobody understands what you are trying to say from this @Job.

We were talking about covid, ID and increasing authoritarianism and you started talking about black people and multiculturalism. Then @Jupitus asked you for an explanation - and you said this?

Is it me? Can anyone else decipher what's going on?
I didnt start talking about black people it was a throwaway joke about them being discriminated.
You lot started writing the 6th amendment.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dont they require ID if you look under 30 anyway?
They've a "challenge 25" thing nowadays, you need to prove you're over 18. Personally I thought it was a sad sad day when they legislated against pub owners requiring ID for kids to go to pubs.

Underage drinking has always been (and will always be) a thing - but when I was 12 I could get into pubs. Most people from my era, maybe 15. And we'd get served.

I had no problem with that - you had adults around who knew exactly what was going on, they'd been through it themselves. If you got out of line then adults would be there to step in, intervene if you were being a twat and interact with if you weren't. Bascially - they taught you how to drink and not be too much of a cunt.

Now they're banned from pubs until they're 18, go "freeeeeeedommm!!" and "why the fuck would I listen to you?" to the adults and carnage ensues.

Well worth the harder enforcement of the underage drinking laws eh?

So, increased ID has had not a great effect IMO. And anyway - I'm closer to 50 than 15. And what has any of this got to do with trust point I made? :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nope, I really cannot figure out the relationship between the two of you.

Over here you're both close to scratching each others eyes out and on another thread you're both reasonably exchanging property/construction advice.

It's a real head-scratcher... :p
I'm not hugely emotionally involved. He's an intellectual curio really. But everyone's good at something, if he's a plumber you'd expect him to know his shit. If he asked an IT question around here then there'd be no end of people ready to help, despite the crazy madness.

Different social rules on forums eh :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Me and my best mate used to walk into town at 15 and get wankered off a tenner each.

Not wanked off by a tenor...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Credit scoring.

A couple of years back I was credit scored at the max - 999.

Then, about a year ago, this dropped to 979.

Today, despite my bank balance being healthier than it's ever been, its' dropped another 18 points.

If anything I thought that the credit scoring would go north rather than south as I've ensured I've paid into savings and reduced my non-mortgage related debt to zero.

I've not missed a bill, I'm on the electoral register, I've no debts to anyone (other than the bank). I simply don't have a clue why it would go down, not remain at the max.

Anyone else have similar weirdness?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Credit scoring.

Today, despite my bank balance being healthier than it's ever been, its' dropped another 18 points.

If anything I thought that the credit scoring would go north rather than south as I've ensured I've paid into savings and reduced my non-mortgage related debt to zero.

I've not missed a bill, I'm on the electoral register, I've no debts to anyone (other than the bank). I simply don't have a clue why it would go down, not remain at the max.

As I understand it, it's because they're about determining if you're a good payer, not if you're debt free and sitting on £lol.

They want people to be paying back monthly, thus incurring the interest charges and providing them a profit without the risk of the debt going bad.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pretty much, having little or no debt is actually bad for your credit score because they can't determine if you're a good payer or not.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
As I understand it, it's because they're about determining if you're a good payer, not if you're debt free and sitting on £lol.

They want people to be paying back monthly, thus incurring the interest charges and providing them a profit without the risk of the debt going bad.
Exactly this. A bit of regularly paid off debt is what they (I can only speak for Experian, but assume the rest are the same) are looking for.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Credit scoring.

Do you use a credit card?
If not use one and pay the whole amount off each month.

Should help contribute to a good score

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You should use one for online shopping anyway, for the added protection. Then just pay it off a couple of days later.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Do you use a credit card?
If not use one and pay the whole amount off each month.
I do. All spend goes on it. Gets paid off in full.

It's just weird. Could it be that I'm getting a lower credit score because banks realise they won't make any money on me?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I love Klarna for this - especially buy now and pay in 14 days. Any issues with the delivery and the payment is paused until resolution.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I do. All spend goes on it. Gets paid off in full.

It's just weird. Could it be that I'm getting a lower credit score because banks realise they won't make any money on me?
That's odd. Got any direct debits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom