SPAM random annoying things

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hes just iterating it seems, Wing Commander, Privateer, Freelancer, Star Citizen, he really wants us to fly spaceships, it seems like the wiki pages for most projects hes managed have had major development problems so hes probably out of his depth on that side of things

Play eve online then or one of the other many games that allow to fly a space ship. His next window on releasing is probably closing since like Duke Nukem Forever he'll have to probably have to change game engine again at this rate.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Play eve online then or one of the other many games that allow to fly a space ship. His next window on releasing is probably closing since like Duke Nukem Forever he'll have to probably have to change game engine again at this rate.

Nothing has quite captured that feel for me since Freelancer though :) Eve and Elite are too complicated :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So, more complicated and, importantly - you can play them.

But i dont ;) but when (or if ;) ) star citizen comes out to public I'll probably give it a whirl, and probably find it too complicated :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nothing has quite captured that feel for me since Freelancer though :) Eve and Elite are too complicated :D
I loved freelancer. Recently just sunk 40+ hours into no mans sky. Enjoyed doing the quest lines :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I remember having shitty internet. It's not brilliant now but a couple of years ago it was about a third of yours. I also remember going to an actual shop and buying a boxed copy of the first DOOM (the 2016 one), thinking "look at me, buying the disc version so I won't have to download a shitload of files and wait days to play it". Hilariously, the disc in the disc version was only a DVD and only had about 5 GB of files on it so I still needed to download about 40 GB. :eek:

Also, DOOM Eternal is fantastic.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I take it yours is still downloading then. :)
I dunno. I've come back to covid-riddled Nottingham to clear out more of the o/h's house as we've still not finished moving (it needs some renovation work too, then we'll rent it out). One of the allowable exceptions for welsh lockdown ;)

But yeah - given it said 1 day 7 hours then I suspect it still won't be done.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Razor software (razor claim it's a windows problem on their help forum!)

Treated myself to a pair of Razor headphones to go with my razor speakers.

Previously, with a set of Corsair headphones my audio would automatically switch from speakers to headphones and vise versa if I powered on/off the speakers using the power switch on the speakers, was faultless.

Now, with same branded products I have use the damn windows option from my system tray.

Untitled.png

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Razor software (razor claim it's a windows problem on their help forum!)

Treated myself to a pair of Razor headphones to go with my razor speakers.

Previously, with a set of Corsair headphones my audio would automatically switch from speakers to headphones and vise versa if I powered on/off the speakers using the power switch on the speakers, was faultless.

Now, with same branded products I have use the damn windows option from my system tray.

View attachment 42914

I cant get that to work either :unsure:

Embattle

FH is my second home
My current Corsair ones change over without issue, although I think the one before (might of been Razor) stopped doing it at one point....I know one of my headsets was a PITA requiring manual change.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I dunno. I've come back to covid-riddled Nottingham to clear out more of the o/h's house as we've still not finished moving (it needs some renovation work too, then we'll rent it out). One of the allowable exceptions for welsh lockdown ;)

But yeah - given it said 1 day 7 hours then I suspect it still won't be done.
I thought travel from wales was banned?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Update on progress
My PC was off when I got back. I'm 50% done.

People have finally moved into the house nearest mine (that's been getting done up all year) this weekend (it's about 500m up the road). My internet speed has been cut in half it seems :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
My PC was off when I got back. I'm 50% done.

People have finally moved into the house nearest mine (that's been getting done up all year) this weekend (it's about 500m up the road). My internet speed has been cut in half it seems :(

Well least you have a nice view, although I would be careful on sharing any pictures :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So - I've been looking at sim only 4G broadband deals.

They seem to cost the same as if you get tied into their router? I don't get it. If the router's £100 and you get unlimited 4G for, say, £22/month on a 12-monther then they could drop that by a tenner a month and make the same profit.

But sim only, it's still £22/month, so why would you not take the hardware out of them?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So - I've been looking at sim only 4G broadband deals.

They seem to cost the same as if you get tied into their router? I don't get it. If the router's £100 and you get unlimited 4G for, say, £22/month on a 12-monther then they could drop that by a tenner a month and make the same profit.

But sim only, it's still £22/month, so why would you not take the hardware out of them?

My guess is that they're going to prove that they can be a replacement for broadband rather than something you get if you cant get good broadband, especially with 5g.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom