SPAM random annoying things

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Btw @Scouse Outerworlds is on the XBox gamepass and you can get your first month for £1. (You could probably find something free somewhere too, I got 4 months with my graphics card :))

dysfunction

FH is my second home
And also £8 pm and not own a single game. And the games can be dropped from the Library.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
So you buy blurays?

And the only games I've seen removed so far are single player games.

I dont even have a bluray player (never have) let alone buying redundant media.
no I buy steam games....they are owned by me and wont go anywhere.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I dont even have a bluray player (never have) let alone buying redundant media.
no I buy steam games....they are owned by me and wont go anywhere.
They're not owned by you in the strictest sense. Games have disappeared from Steam but normally just for purchase not from anyone's libraries.

Don't confuse the fact that Valve are not being as awful as other companies as something it isn't.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
They're not owned by you in the strictest sense. Games have disappeared from Steam but normally just for purchase not from anyone's libraries.

Don't confuse the fact that Valve are not being as awful as other companies as something it isn't.

If its in my library it is still available to me. If they removed that then I would have an issue.

Fine if its gone from the shop just like a brick and mortar shop.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Today i bought watchdogs legion. Will see me through for a bit. I got from the 18th off at christmas :)

I hope it's better than the few hours of gameplay I saw the other day. Extremely generic and unoriginal. Also for a game set in London, and to be fair it did visually look great except for the character models, they do not seem to have hired a single English voice actor. It was all Dick Van Dyke level of British accents and every other word was 'fuck' because you know, everyone in London is either a cockney or swears a lot.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Isn't watchdogs a Chinese state Epic exclusive for now? Why are people encouraging them?!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I hope it's better than the few hours of gameplay I saw the other day. Extremely generic and unoriginal. Also for a game set in London, and to be fair it did visually look great except for the character models, they do not seem to have hired a single English voice actor. It was all Dick Van Dyke level of British accents and every other word was 'fuck' because you know, everyone in London is either a cockney or swears a lot.
I watched some game play and yes some accent seemed funny. But the gameplay is like the first two and i really enjoyed them. They got mixed reviews as well but i completed both and had fun doing it. It seems ubisoft open world games are a bit marmite.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nose bleeds.

I don't know what it is (and I have been checked out) but every fucking autumn and spring I get massive nosebleeds on the regular for a couple of weeks, happened since my late teens.

Some sort of allergy I suppose but piss annoying, blood pissing out my nose for 5 minutes then it stops completely. No warnings, just all of a sudden blood everywhere.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Derek Smart seemed bang on the money after all this time eh?

Edit: Also...

The thing is still bringing in wadges of cash. I think that they know that it'll never make it in sales, but whilst they're bringing in all that cash why would they want to bring the game out? That $200,000 a day income would disappear.

The scam is just to keep the gravy coming in as long as possible.

But theres people playing it? So its more like an extremely expensive early access type thing?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Why though? If people are willing to pay for things that aren't ready yet thats surely a free choice?

Just to clarify ive not given them any money i rarely preorder anything preferring to buy stuff on sale later :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why though? If people are willing to pay for things that aren't ready yet thats surely a free choice?
People are indeed free to pay money to scammers.

Often fraudsters are locked up though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You know the industry rightly gets a lot of flak for P2P and the even worse P2W type games, this just takes it to the next level.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
People are indeed free to pay money to scammers.

Often fraudsters are locked up though.

Scam would suggest something illegal

Even the article you linked aid its more of a mismanagement issue than a scam

This is not fraud—Roberts really is working on a game—but it is incompetence and mismanagement on a galactic scale

Poor investment more like :D so maybe chumps is a better term after all :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
As I've said multiple times about this subject - they said that it would take years for the game to be released.

As far as I'm concerned, they've not lied. I think people are just jealous that other people had so much faith in them to throw so much money at them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Scam would suggest something illegal
Not really. There's plenty of ways to take money from people and cover yourself legally.

You could put this down to "mismanagement" or you could put it down to a fundamental dishonesty.

Being dishonest isn't illegal. And if you can get your mitts on the larger part of half a billion dollars whilst not actually delivering something that works to your paying customers, whilst running regular roadshows drumming up more cash from your invested suckers, then you're on the right side of the law but the wrong side of morality.

Put it this way - right now this is the closest parallel to what Roberts is doing. (That's an amazing documentary btw - well worth a watch).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
As I've said multiple times about this subject - they said that it would take years for the game to be released.

As far as I'm concerned, they've not lied. I think people are just jealous that other people had so much faith in them to throw so much money at them.

I'm not so sure now, I was optimistic about it but if some of those claims are true regarding where all the money has gone and if they are about to run out of money and are so far away from a finished product then I just can't see it happening, sadly.

I certainly don't think it's a scam, they have the best intentions but are both over ambitious and very poorly led.

I mean, lets be honest, he had one good game that wasn't really that good anyway, decades ago and turds ever since. Game flops, movie flops etc

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not so sure now, I was optimistic about it but if some of those claims are true regarding where all the money has gone and if they are about to run out of money and are so far away from a finished product then I just can't see it happening, sadly.
He's evangelising. There's no reality involved after a decade of development.

There's two possibilities: 1) he's delusional or; 2) he's a charismatic liar.

I vote 2. Like Marjoe.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's actually very similar to Camelot Unchained (7 years+ development and counting) Though I think that's in fairly advanced Alpha atm. They seem to be constantly adding stretch goals without having a basic product ready. They should get it done and shipped, add content later either in free updates or expansions, depending on the content.

Again, I think Mark Jacobs had the best intentions but just doesn't have the ability to produce an end product. Also, he also had a lucky one hit wonder in Dark Age of Camelot, right game at the right time. I don't think it would work today.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Hes just iterating it seems, Wing Commander, Privateer, Freelancer, Star Citizen, he really wants us to fly spaceships, it seems like the wiki pages for most projects hes managed have had major development problems so hes probably out of his depth on that side of things

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom