SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because that film definitely sexualises kids.
Definitely sexualises?

Or, shows kids performing what could be potentially sexually provocative actions in context of a wider narrative.

Again, neither you nor I have seen it - so it's pretty bold to say that the film does something to kids - as opposed to showing kids doing things they already do.

If we feel uncomfortable about sexual animals acting in a sexual manner just because of their age that says something about us as adults, no?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Definitely sexualises?

Or, shows kids performing what could be potentially sexually provocative actions in context of a wider narrative.

Again, neither you nor I have seen it - so it's pretty bold to say that the film does something to kids - as opposed to showing kids doing things they already do.

If we feel uncomfortable about sexual animals acting in a sexual manner just because of their age that says something about us as adults, no?

I was referring to Lolita.

Cuties has dancing routines which are sexualised.

Lolita literally is about paedophiles.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was referring to Lolita.

Cuties has dancing routines which are sexualised.

Lolita literally is about paedophiles.
Ah. My bad.

It's been a long time since I saw lolita. There's always a tizz about showing underage girls in a sexual context - but again it's more about adults being adults rather than wanting to be blinkered about how the world really is.

As this is the randomly annoying thread and widening this stuff out from films to real life:

I find it randomly annoying that my mates 8 year old daughter has been trying very hard to look at my cock since she was about 5.

I have to be on my guard every time I stop over, or when they stay. Getting out of the shower, or sleeping in, or wearing a dressing gown is a dangerous activity.

But in real life you accept it's a thing. It'll stop when she gets old enough to more fully understand the uncomfortable sexual nature of her actions.

I've broached it with her mum n dad (so they can have a gentle talk) but they visibly wince. The idea of their little girl as a sexual being horrifies them - they simply don't want to face what she is today. I think that's common as muck for some parents (and I know parents who are the complete opposite - and guess who's kids seem more comfortable in their own skin as teenagers?)

I think the outrage around these sorts of films are from parent/people type A, not parent/people type B. And I think potentially part of the reason this film has been made is to force people to look at kids in that light (hence the 'gratuitous' nature of the filming).

Ban calls generally come from people who don't like to hear the message they're being asked to listen to - they'd rather silence the message.

Gwadien

I think you're right.

I think the film maker has done exactly what she set out to achieve - she wanted to show the differences between conservative Islam and western liberal approaches to sexuality.

It's pretty interesting that the responses are heavily on the side of conservative Islam and doesn't like the sexualisation of children.

But then you'll have parents happily let their kids watch music videos where this film gets its inspiration.

Please mute it;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsm4poTWjMs

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally I've no idea about this cuties series, I've no real interest or intention to watch it either.

@Gwadien As for those types of music videos, something else which I don't generally tend to watch or listen to, I find it more appropriate to think of it as a striper singing.

Gwadien

Personally I've no idea about this cuties series, I've no real interest or intention to watch it either.

@Gwadien As for those types of music videos, something else which I don't generally tend to watch or listen to, I find it more appropriate to think of it as a striper singing.

Yeah, you don't have interest in it.

But I just find it funny that a kid will be watching this on an ipad whilst their parents slam Cuties on facebook.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's full of fail. Everything you said plus, URL is empty by default, more work to close and open tabs, long press back to get full list of visited URLs in a tab no longer exists plus it doesn't work with LastPass

I'm still annoyed that they destroyed the add-on ecosystem on Firefox desktop, this is now starting to feel like Mozilla want people to switch to Edge/Brave
Guess it's time to make the jump now, only 12k installs of the only adblock you can now use with Firefox mobile
Screenshot_20200916-170841__01.jpg

Remember when Firefox was good because it brought the spirit of Netscape back... what happened to that?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Remember when Firefox was good because it brought the spirit of Netscape back... what happened to that?
What's the next best alternative? It has been teh gash for me on mobile since the change. UI is awful etc.

Don't know why they changed it tbpfh.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
What's the next best alternative? It has been teh gash for me on mobile since the change. UI is awful etc.

Don't know why they changed it tbpfh.
Leaning towards Brave as a first try

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I like Brave. I used Dolphin before Firefox, I might go back to that and see how it is now.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Buying something early because you will need it later, then putting it away and not being able to find it. (grrrr)

And on that note, anyone know where i put my pear drop brake cables?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Buying something early because you will need it later, then putting it away and not being able to find it. (grrrr)

And on that note, anyone know where i put my pear drop brake cables?
In the last place you look.

or in the wifes knicker drawers

SilverHood

FH is my second home
That midnight support call because all my companies overnight processing has stalled. :cry:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Parents throwing stuff away...

Mum rings me up, any chance you can take some stuff to the tip for me?

Sure.

Turn up and she has chopped up 4 antique chairs, took a bit back to my manshed and quickly sanded and oiled a bit.

From.

20200924_105719.jpg

To

20200924_105716.jpg

2 minute sand and 1 coat of oil.

Silly cow could have sold those fuckers on Ebay after a few hours of my time. Fairly sure it's oak, will sand more and see. Sells nicely for knife handles.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Mate of mine had identified it as mahogany, can chop it, oil it and sell it on ebay for £5 a short length.

The chairs resorted would have been worth a fortune though...fucking things were carved and upholstered.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ive cancelled my virgin tv/ internet.
The price has been creeping up and the fuckers casually took 67 quid out of my account for basic broadband and recording box with no sports or movies.

We called them up and they reduced it to 55.
So I checked our speeds, they have dropped to 23 down 6 up.

My 4G connection runs day and night at 70mb both ways.
So Ive ordered an unlimited 5G sim from Three and thats going to be our internet, 4G atm till the 5G mast goes up next month.
Just use the catch up apps on our new Smart tv.
I'll have to buy a cheap 5G phone then to use as a hotspot.

Gwadien

Ive cancelled my virgin tv/ internet.
The price has been creeping up and the fuckers casually took 67 quid out of my account for basic broadband and recording box with no sports or movies.

We called them up and they reduced it to 55.
So I checked our speeds, they have dropped to 23 down 6 up.

My 4G connection runs day and night at 70mb both ways.
So Ive ordered an unlimited 5G sim from Three and thats going to be our internet, 4G atm till the 5G mast goes up next month.
Just use the catch up apps on our new Smart tv.
I'll have to buy a cheap 5G phone then to use as a hotspot.

How much is that costing you?

You can get this from Vodafone for £50 a month although I'd imagine its cheaper to buy your own 5g router thingy.

I wouldn't imagine a phone hot-spot would be sufficient for a house?

I remember when Virgin increased everyone's speeds for 'free'. Yeah, 'free'.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How much is that costing you?

You can get this from Vodafone for £50 a month although I'd imagine its cheaper to buy your own 5g router thingy.

I wouldn't imagine a phone hot-spot would be sufficient for a house?

I remember when Virgin increased everyone's speeds for 'free'. Yeah, 'free'.
I wouldnt rely on wifi 5g for anything important. Firend of mine its all he can get in london and its shit to download anything big.
my virgin media is 350Mb download :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
When underlings invite suppliers (that I cam trying to let go, gently) into the building and pretty much show them their competitors stock on the warehouse floor.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I have mask-averse ears. They just fold over like a LOTR orc every time I wear the damn things.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Stupid ear plug spammers who don't think we'd google to see if that shit is turning up elsewhere on the internet

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The weather prediction in this country is fucking abysmal, it was predicted to be sunny today, last night it changed to rain all day.
Still predicting rain all day..this is across at least 5 sites.
So we cancelled big bike ride

An hour ago it changed to sunny all day and fuck me its cracking the flags.

Gwadien

The weather prediction in this country is fucking abysmal, it was predicted to be sunny today, last night it changed to rain all day.
Still predicting rain all day..this is across at least 5 sites.
So we cancelled big bike ride

An hour ago it changed to sunny all day and fuck me its cracking the flags.

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom