SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I did read it and it stunk of know your place.
Astronauts are over rated
Get tae fuck.

It's talking about risk ratings and perception/assessment of risk. Something I do an awful lot of work with in my job - and it's correct. Humans don't measure risk very well - so the following:
News leads us to walk around with the completely wrong risk map in our heads. So terrorism is over-rated. Chronic stress is under-rated. The collapse of Lehman Brothers is overrated. Fiscal irresponsibility is under-rated. Astronauts are over-rated. Nurses are under-rated
Is absolutely true.

On the first two:
Terrorism is a tiny risk. Chronic stress hurts more people.
Lehman Brothers collapse is a single thing. Fiscal irresponsibility isn't sexy - but is the bigger overall risk.

On the last:
Astronauts are cool, but nurses do a job that is more important to thousands of people - but don't make for sexy headlines.

His point about news distorting our perception of what is important is absolutely bob-on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh I get it @Job:
Watching an airplane crash on television is going to change your attitude toward that risk, regardless of its real probability. If you think you can compensate with the strength of your own inner contemplation, you are wrong. Bankers and economists – who have powerful incentives to compensate for news-borne hazards – have shown that they cannot
Yep. Your current obsession over plane crashes is absolutely irrational and something you shouldn't be worrying about.

But you want to, because it entertains you. So you'd rather shoot the reasonable messenger than listen to the sensible message.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well yes, but 99.999999% of people who are aware that planes can crash because of poor maintenance and pilot error and then dont fly, dont die in plane crashes.

Im not watching them for entertainment value, those clips are very slow, detailed and nerdy.
Im just building a picture of human failings and triumphs, statistically plane flight is insanely safe.
But 100% lethal to you if you are killled in one.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You may as well just have posted "flibble" for all you said there.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I see there's been lots of stories of Coppers and how they've been attacked etc since that copper got stabbed.

Can see it resulting in more police power.

Embattle

FH is my second home
When it was first rolled out, they did their first broadcast on 5g, but they hit the cap before they could actually do the live broadcast so they had to get more, lul.

Our household has already breezed through 310GB this month and by the end of the month we will be over 3 times the data cap amount on the highest package I've seen on offer from EE, my record has been 650GB in a month.

Gwadien

You traded it for broadband then?

I'll ask so Job doesn't need to, have you grown extra body parts?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, picked up a rash on Monday, on my foot. Think it was loads of bites from bedbugs in a shitty ibis hotel on the way down to chamonix. Itchy as fuck.

Woke up in the tent tonight. Got another patch. May be a case of hives, although I've never been allergic to anything.

Bird said "I've got some antihistamines in the car, will go get some". Brings em back to tent. I think only one, she says. I pop one in, swallow, and turn on the light to read the packet.

She's brought me senokot. A laxative. :eek:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So, picked up a rash on Monday, on my foot. Think it was loads of bites from bedbugs in a shitty ibis hotel on the way down to chamonix. Itchy as fuck.

Woke up in the tent tonight. Got another patch. May be a case of hives, although I've never been allergic to anything.

Bird said "I've got some antihistamines in the car, will go get some". Brings em back to tent. I think only one, she says. I pop one in, swallow, and turn on the light to read the packet.

She's brought me senokot. A laxative. :eek:
And the result was?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I will store mine against my balls.
Bit leathery by now aren't they?

Anyway. Had a right good shit this morning. Picked up some antihistamines and was told they will make me drowsy so I can't drive. Which has turned out great - I'm having a beer between each alpine downhill run (drowsy my arse) whilst the o/h looks on in disgust.

Win-fucking-win :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Waiting for stuff to arrive from China

I think China Post still thinks it is 1923 and 7 months to ship a small package by paddle steamer is the fastest method of transportation known to man.

Gwadien

Waiting for stuff to arrive from China

I think China Post still thinks it is 1923 and 7 months to ship a small product by paddle steamer is still cutting edge technology

Could you imagine the sheer volume?

I also think it's super dirt cheap too considering you can get free postage from the other side of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom