SPAM random annoying things

Embattle

FH is my second home
Bird feeders out back and a hedgerow out assure plenty of noise here, that and some douchebag on a scrambler.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Getting knocked off your motorcycle by a UPS driver who put in reverse without checking his reversing camera, very nice bloke but he reckons he will probably lose his job.

PXL_20230719_135629537.jpg

Embattle

FH is my second home
Oof. What a daft cunt.

A bad mistake, he was nice and we had a while to chat as I had to wait for recovery and he had to wait for his boss to come. A couple of nice ladies witnessed it, one of them heard my horn as I realised what was about to happen, after checking if I was alright she went home and got us some water and chocolate.

Just got more insurance stuff to deal with today, might see if I need to see a GP as my thigh has bruised and got stuff plus the odd minor ache elsewhere.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
thumbs up for that YT. Dave is very candid about some of the shenanigans that go on in software development at this scale.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
People that slow down to 10mph in queuing traffic whilst also leaving enough space to the car in front that you park an aircraft carrier between them

Last edited:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
People that slow down to 10mph in queuing traffic whilst also leaving enough space to the car in front that you park an aircraft carrier between them

On a similar note - if I'm approaching a merge point in roadworks and I stay in the closing lane until it suggests to merge - I am not pushing in you cretinous piece of offal, I'm just following the signs that say "Use Both Lanes to Queue" and then "Merge in Turn".

If they wanted us to merge back where you did the Merge point would have been back there you dunderheaded fuckstick.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
People who treat accusations as proof of guilt "just to be on the safe side"...

We have courts and judges for a fucking reason.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Undoubtedly shithouse behaviour from the developers/new owners - and a remarkably common story from what I've heard.

However the main reason it was sold as even Marston's struggled to make it make sense financially - the building was cool AF, but it was in a proper shite area and the beer/food was never more than average (we went a couple of times with work when I worked in Dudley).

Can't help wondering if the outpouring of support for it would have been more useful when it was still open, and people supported it by actually drinking there.

Still the biggest arseholes in this are the developers, so make them rebuild it then they can bankroll it for a few years. If they lose lots of money in it? Ah well, sucks to be them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yet another narrative pushing jews as a distinct ethnic group

Equating non-jewish actors playing jews (in this case the great Leonard Bernstein) as some sort of equivalent to blackface.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yet another narrative pushing jews as a distinct ethnic group

Equating non-jewish actors playing jews (in this case the great Leonard Bernstein) as some sort of equivalent to blackface.

I agree, although this case is a bit weird becaue Leonard Bernstein didn't have a particularly big nose.
Bernstein-jeune-21.jpg

Choosing to go down the prosthetic nose route when playing a Jew seems...poorly thought out.

However, in general terms I agree, and David Baddiel whittering on about Jews playing Jews is fucking stupid, and I would imagine quite a few Jewish actors have probably told him to shut the fuck up, as that type of casting will hurt more than help in the long run (far more gentile roles for Jews than Jewish ones for genitles.).

Attachments

• Bernstein-jeune-21.jpg
    Bernstein-jeune-21.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 0

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Choosing to go down the prosthetic nose route when playing a Jew seems...poorly thought out.
Shouldn't even be a thing. It's fucking make-believe. Prosthetic noses are used pretty much all the time by loads of actors to make them look a bit more like the person they're acting. Or even just to give them bigger noses "just because".

Anyway - he did have a big ol' jew hook-nose (although I've a tiny nose, so pretty much most people have bigger noses than me):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2PH0auTUU

Best ever performance of George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue IMO.

(And I genuinely believe this could well be the "greatest 5 minutes of musical education" ever too, but you have to have a little musical education to understand it I think).

Love Bernstein. :)

But anyone trying to conflate race with religion can fucking get in a hole as far as I'm concerned.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Shouldn't even be a thing. It's fucking make-believe. Prosthetic noses are used pretty much all the time by loads of actors to make them look a bit more like the person they're acting. Or even just to give them bigger noses "just because".

Anyway - he did have a big ol' jew hook-nose (although I've a tiny nose, so pretty much most people have bigger noses than me):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2PH0auTUU

Best ever performance of George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue IMO.

(And I genuinely believe this could well be the "greatest 5 minutes of musical education" ever too, but you have to have a little musical education to understand it I think).

Love Bernstein. :)

But anyone trying to conflate race with religion can fucking get in a hole as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think you know what "hook nose" means (his nose is not a hook nose, it's straight)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Straws

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Straws

We need to codify the precautionary principle into law with company-ending levels of punishment. Companies should have to prove their products are safe before they are able to release them to market, on pain of forfiture of all profits.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
We need to codify the precautionary principle into law with company-ending levels of punishment. Companies should have to prove their products are safe before they are able to release them to market, on pain of forfiture of all profits.
It's just so dumb, all the moronic time wasting and the reality is all straws are basically shit so the real environmental solution would be to get shot of them.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Straws are very useful for disabled people though. The paper straws definitely should be eliminated, they're absolute rubbish.

What we really should be doing is including the total environmental cost of any such products into their price.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Straws are very useful for disabled people though. The paper straws definitely should be eliminated, they're absolute rubbish.

What we really should be doing is including the total environmental cost of any such products into their price.

People that need a straw can get a cheap metal one. We have several for when a straw is required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom