SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am the Rain God.

You're welcome.
To be fair - there are a lot of benefits.

My Swiss Chard is now growing faster than I can eat it. My stream is running again so I don't need to waste loads of time making sure the geese have enough water. The Conwy's not bone dry so my fave swimming spot will be clear and not stagnant any more and it's made my mind up for what to do this week - lots of trips to Anglesey to go kayaking in a sunnier place - and if it rains, I'll be wet anyway.

So thanks, I guess :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
I like rain mixed in with sunny periods as it is good for the plants, soil, etc. and smells great....it also allows us to enjoy a largely green country.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Travellers have returned to a local playing field, having broken the gate to get on it...which they did last year as well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Cancelling a weekend away camping because I need to work, all servers down, IT guy in Bruges.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Running over and crushing the USB end of my printer cable with my office chair and finding out on the very rare occasion when I need to use a printer.

DaGaffer

DaGaffer

Getting the loft insulated so I had to empty it on my own yesterday (missus has a frozen shoulder). It's a big attic with ten years of stuff in it. I am now broken.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Getting the loft insulated so I had to empty it on my own yesterday (missus has a frozen shoulder). It's a big attic with ten years of stuff in it. I am now broken.

If she has a frozen shoulder couldn't you just place stuff on her ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've just finished replacing the insulation in my loft, now back up there each day as I board the bedroom ceiling below and rewire the lights :( Not fun in this heat.

PXL_20230626_190837267.jpg

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Not emptying a loft but I can appreciate being broken after moving last week after 11 years of living in the same apartment.. we finished unpacking the kitchen yesterday, so temporary bedroom is livable in, shower room is 95% ok, main bathroom is 60% ok (waiting for the plumber as previous owners left a problem with the tap), office looks great and is workable except the window has been painted shut so waiting for the handyman to come and fix that, master bedroom is a mess it is the general dumping room right now as we are waiting for a bed that should arrive in 3 to 4 weeks. I am however broken, I have so many bruises although not as many as the husband.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Every time someone talks about moving I think of the time we moved to Devon in 2019, my first real move ever, and what a monumental ball ache it was with some stuff still in boxes months later. I'm amazed at those people who almost seem to move every year although I suspect they never keep years worth of stuff that has to be moved each time.

DaGaffer

Every time someone talks about moving I think of the time we moved to Devon in 2019, my first real move ever, and what a monumental ball ache it was with some stuff still in boxes months later. I'm amazed at those people who almost seem to move every year although I suspect they never keep years worth of stuff that has to be moved each time.

There was a time in my mid-30s when I'd had more addresses than birthdays. My current house is, by far, the longest I've been in one place in my life.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If I've played my cards right (and get a little luck) I'll never have to move again.

Only thing is - how do I spend the value of my house whilst I'm alive? :(

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
If I've played my cards right (and get a little luck) I'll never have to move again.
I'm hoping for the same. Finally moved out of London and I couldn't be happier with my new place.

But yeah, at the back of my mind is the idea of selling everything at some point and blowing it all on a multi-year world circumnavigation 5 star exit party :cool: All I'd need to know is my death date ... 💀

Embattle

FH is my second home

By enjoying where you live and the environment around it, in essence a form of mental value.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
By enjoying where you live and the environment around it, in essence a form of mental value.
Well, of course :)

But when I kark it I'm not going to be passing owt on. My sister's kids'll inherit enough for them to retire on very handsomely so my house would be just hookers and coke money to them.

Whereas, I would very much like to spend 90% of the value of it before I die, then hand it over to someone for a tidy profit. Unfortunately, equity release schemes are a proper rape :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You could place it in trust and leave it to a scout organisation or similar. A community asset.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I moved almost 12 months ago, wife had lived there 30 years and me 13. Had to do it by myself in a long wheelbase transit van and drive 31 miles between locations. Took 5 trips and 10 hours to get it all moved and in to the correct room.

I will never move again!

Edit. It took 15 hours 😐

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You could place it in trust and leave it to a scout organisation or similar. A community asset.
That's absolutely a consideration. But I'm thinking "comfortable retirement" right now - I stand to inherit absolutely nothing, so when it comes to my end of life, I'd like not to be having to scrape by, and I don't think that's unreasonable.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Managing people.

Fuck me, people are snowflake dickheads. I don't fucking care that X said something that you misunderstood, because you're a fucking moron, that upset you. But now I have to deal with it.

Yoni

my sister moved a day before me and sent me a message yesterday saying that she is done except for address change..... the address change here is he easy part - tax office and then there is a central service who will organise it all for you for 100 quid (well worth it)..... I was 75% through the kitchen when she informed me (single mum with 3 kids living at home). This was her 3rd move in 12 months so I guess she had cleaned out all of her crap...

Yoni

I moved almost 12 months ago, wife had lived there 30 years and me 13. Had to do it by myself in a long wheelbase transit van and drive 31 miles between locations. Took 5 trips and 10 hours to get it all moved and in to the correct room.

I will never move again!

Edit. It took 15 hours 😐
That sounds fucking terrible

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am waiting on family to help me empty the garage. Had to look for something for Dad yesterday whilst he dug up weeds in the back garden and found a couple of the original BarrysWorld gaming servers, could never throw them up, when my son comes round might get him to bring it to the conservatory and see if it still works.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am waiting on family to help me empty the garage. Had to look for something for Dad yesterday whilst he dug up weeds in the back garden and found a couple of the original BarrysWorld gaming servers, could never throw them up, when my son comes round might get him to bring it to the conservatory and see if it still works.
At least it's not the old FTP server, I still have nightmares about that thing from helping with the server move that time, absolute beast

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
At least it's not the old FTP server, I still have nightmares about that thing from helping with the server move that time, absolute beast
Ah yes, that was an old Proliant server if my fucked up memory is still working! Had the fold out metal handles on either side as it was deffo a 2 man job to lift that thing.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not being able to sleep due to the birds having an early morning rave outside your bedroom window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom