SPAM random annoying things

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Lamp, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Hammer rash. :cry:

2. georgie

georgie FH is my second home

More lubricant is always the answer. Not sure what the question is, but the answer is lube.

3. Embattle

Embattle It's my birthday today!

Ask Wij, he is good with solutions from touching wood too much.

4. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Embattle

6. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. georgie

georgie FH is my second home

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

When you watch your UPS delivery come from the other side of the world and then it gets to the depot 20 minutes' drive from your house and...nothing fucking happens. Then the tracking app says, "Delay: Severe Weather".

*Looks out of window at bright sunshine*. Fuck offfffff.

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter

In April I ordered something from a French online retailer but which was sent from Luxembourg. It got sent, DPD took a couple of days to get it all the way down France to their nearest depot to me (which is no more than a 20 minute drive away). It then sat there for a day before being handed over to the local agent and another day passed with no action (no "out for delivery" update or anything). I checked the status at the end of the day - apparently I'd refused the delivery and it had been handed back over to DPD who had already started the process of sending it back to fucking Luxembourg.

10. Embattle

We've had the odd occasion with Hermes when they claimed no one was in, even though at the alleged time 4 people were inside the house.

11. caLLous

There was just no attempt to even try to deliver it. I knew they were busy, I wouldn't have ordered the bit if I hadn't absolutely needed it. It just infuriated me that it came all the way from Luxembourg to 20 minutes away and the local firm apparently just couldn't be arsed. It eventually got back to the retailer and she put it in the normal post and it arrived a couple of days ago without any fuss.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

13. dysfunction

dysfunction I am a FH squatter

They really are outdoing themselves...Guantanamo Bay anyone?

14. Scouse

The place Obaba - or "the black George Dubya" as I like to call him - failed to shut.

They're all a bunch of wankers, tbh.

15. Scouse

16. Overdriven

Overdriven Not a sandwich

I know there's a COVID thread and a US thread but my current annoyance spans both.

We were planning on going back to the US this year (Florida again) as our honeymoon was there.. But nooooooooooo, can't go. Plus Virgin doesn't do Gatwick so we need to go to Heathrow which is a trek from where we are. Also looks like 2021 is going to be off the table thanks to all the rebookings.

Suppose the only upside is that the saving we've done + 1.5 years more should mean upper class on our flights and a better set of hotels :|

EDIT: QQ, yes there are other airlines however.. Airmiles.

17. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Don't think any of us are getting the holidays we wanted/booked this year. We were supposed to be going to France next month and that ain't happening. We've booked a few days in the west of Ireland in August; hopefully things should be OK to go by then (of course every airbnb host has jacked their prices through the roof but I suppose you can't blame them).

18. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel FH Subscriber

I am supposed to be on a remote Greek Island at the moment - posponed to October, July I am suppoed to be in Dublin then the Isle of man to see my closest family, as we are not recommended to fly until after 15th July in Sweden at the moment it will be posponed to next year.... 2nd trip abroad in October cancelled (due to deferred trip from May). Green Day posponed, the Disturbed and the Pixies who knows if they will do Gröna Lund next year instead (was the only reason I brought 2 green cards this year).... nd Lars Winnerbek open air in Linköping in August is posponed to 2021... this year is officially cancelled ....looks like I remain under 50 until 2021 ;)

19. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Yeah all the cancelled stuff sucks. But on a better noted theres no wimbledon this year. Just to have one year without 2 weeks of continuous tennis on tv is a bright side.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

They'll show reruns of "greatest" matches instead :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. caLLous

Guaranteed to be re-runs. Or Cliff Richards singing when it was rained off on repeat. Or something.

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

I do hope not. But even if they do its better cause you dont get the match that never ends crashing into the other tv programs from reruns. Although i guess they could technically recreate that just to be really annoying haha

23. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

It really sucks, even those special sites are listing old shit now :(

• Funny Funny x 1