SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is their deposit in the TPS?
Yep. All official and above board. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Either way - I stand to lose out. Costs best part of a month's rent to sign up a new tenant, plus vacant time, plus another month's rent to get another tenant signed up. Their entire deposit will only cover some of that - and that's presuming they don't kick off and try to keep hold of at least some of it, which I fully expect them to do. (And that's assuming they actually pay their rent).

Supposed to be going round in half an hour to have a go at fixing an issue with the garage door that I found out about last week. I know I'm going to be accosted and they'll want a long whiny conversation. But I ain't budging. They told me there was a local job, they're bad parents for not sorting a school out, and they've sold a house, so they have the cash. So tough shit. I want my money, I want my rent paid on time, you've made your own bed so you can lie in it. Feel sorry for your daughter that her parents are such fuckheads.

So angry :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
@Scouse a followup question regarding you losing money when someone moves out and they secure a new one - hardly seems fair. Do they also take a cut from the rent? Is there any benefit for you, other than them finding tenants for you? Do they screen tenants with regards to them being solid, crime-records etc?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Scouse a followup question regarding you losing money when someone moves out and they secure a new one - hardly seems fair. Do they also take a cut from the rent? Is there any benefit for you, other than them finding tenants for you? Do they screen tenants with regards to them being solid, crime-records etc?
They're supposed to do screening, financial and crime checks etc. When they find a tenant and sign them up there's a fee at the point of signing (usually about £4-500 in total) and a percentage management fee which is monthly ongoing.

In a case like this, where I'm going to lose a tenant in short term I end up getting that fee twice in short order. I'm going to insist that the tenant pays up rent up until the break in their contract and if we re-let beforehand then they'll get their rent back less costs to me (so basically, they can pay for 6 months, if I get a new tenant in then I'll refund their money, less what it costs me to re-sign a new tenant).

Of course, this assumes that they pay on time. And if they don't I'll definitely be looking to put a blot on their public financial record. I'll still lose out, but they shouldn't get away scott free. They've got the cash, they've made stupid decisions, I'm not footing their bill if I can help it and if they make me (because it'll cost more to retrieve the money than the money I'd retrieve) I'll fuck them over as best I can in return.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They're supposed to do screening, financial and crime checks etc. When they find a tenant and sign them up there's a fee at the point of signing (usually about £4-500 in total) and a percentage management fee which is monthly ongoing.

In a case like this, where I'm going to lose a tenant in short term I end up getting that fee twice in short order. I'm going to insist that the tenant pays up rent up until the break in their contract and if we re-let beforehand then they'll get their rent back less costs to me (so basically, they can pay for 6 months, if I get a new tenant in then I'll refund their money, less what it costs me to re-sign a new tenant).

Of course, this assumes that they pay on time. And if they don't I'll definitely be looking to put a blot on their public financial record. I'll still lose out, but they shouldn't get away scott free. They've got the cash, they've made stupid decisions, I'm not footing their bill if I can help it and if they make me (because it'll cost more to retrieve the money than the money I'd retrieve) I'll fuck them over as best I can in return.

I’m not sure you’ll be able to enforce payment up to the six months. Good luck with it though.

Surprised you’re paying that much upfront to the letting agent (or indeed, anything). Are you getting a reduced monthly fee in exchange for that?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Signed a 12 month tenancy with a clause in it that says if it goes to tits then they can get out early with notice by May.

But having the law on your side and all the agreements in the world is one thing - actually getting money out of people is another.

Rent is due this Sunday. I'm betting they don't pay it.
Yeah one of the reasons i always pushed buy to let away when thinking about investments.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I’m not sure you’ll be able to enforce payment up to the six months. Good luck with it though.

Surprised you’re paying that much upfront to the letting agent (or indeed, anything). Are you getting a reduced monthly fee in exchange for that?
Only paying 8%/month (average is between 10-15% in england - don't know what it is for Ireland).

Don't much like the agency, so as soon as I understand when this lot are going to go I'll be putting it out on the market between a couple of alternatives. Going to do a comparison and hopefully find an agency working at a slightly higher part of the market.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
a700520bf91f145d7890e1cfcab51401.png

pls just this one.

f57036e6c4635c787dc2416cf170e6f1.png

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ugh, UPS. I ordered something from Poland and asked for it to be sent to one of their access points, which is apparently no longer one of their access points (you think they would know that before trying to deliver there but hands up, that was an error on my part). They tried yesterday, the place (a local supermarket) refused the delivery so I contacted the sender and UPS and asked them to deliver it to a different access point (which I confirmed actually is an access point beforehand). No response. So today I get an update saying that UPS tried to deliver the same parcel to the same fucking shop that refused it the day before, as if it had magically become one of their access points in the meantime. So now their system says it has a new tracking number and it's being returned to the sender, all the way back in fucking Poland, only for them to presumably have to send it again.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Happens every now and then in Oracle.

Had some epic ones at some of my former workplaces. At one point, the head of our region sent a separate email to all NA employees and contractors, saying that anyone in the Americas who replied all from the send time of his email would be terminated immediately. And so ended the apocalypse. Another time, one of the heads of the desks shouted across the trading floor "to those who replied all, pack your bags, you are too f'ing stupid to be working here".

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Mrs Yuck recently joined Facebook. She was in a few years ago and got loads of friend invites from people she didn't want to be friends with so quit. This time she has all the privacy stuff on and it's family only, better.
So last night she comes in to tell me "Michelle Obama is standing for president in 2020!"

"Oh Rly? You do understand it's facebook right?
"yes it's got a pic from her twitter feed, it's her, definitely"

Oh how I laughed. Luckily she learnt her lesson in a harmless way though.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Mrs Yuck recently joined Facebook. She was in a few years ago and got loads of friend invites from people she didn't want to be friends with so quit. This time she has all the privacy stuff on and it's family only, better.
So last night she comes in to tell me "Michelle Obama is standing for president in 2020!"

"Oh Rly? You do understand it's facebook right?
"yes it's got a pic from her twitter feed, it's her, definitely"

Oh how I laughed. Luckily she learnt her lesson in a harmless way though.

What she should do is bin Facebook and join Freddyshouse for some lighthearted banter (...), friendly gossip and the latest news.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Fuck.

I am tired. Tired of my parents. Neither of them plans ahead ANYTHING. I don't think they ever do something together besides come visit my brother in Stockholm, and want to sleep at my place. I wish they would be those type of parents that'd plan trips, go places, ask me to come along. But no. It's me babysitting em every god damn time they arrive here.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fuck.

I am tired. Tired of my parents. Neither of them plans ahead ANYTHING. I don't think they ever do something together besides come visit my brother in Stockholm, and want to sleep at my place. I wish they would be those type of parents that'd plan trips, go places, ask me to come along. But no. It's me babysitting em every god damn time they arrive here.

Count yourself lucky. My Mum treats a trip to the shops like its the fucking Normandy Landings. The Apollo Programme was less effort than one of her visits.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
London roadworks.

I know it's coming upto end of tax year and if the councils don't spend their money their balance sheets get zero'd...but it's also the bloody cycle super highways, roads closed (eg Embankment, Bank Junction), potholes, bloody speed humps, further road restrictions due to construction everywhere...

Never seen London's roads this bad for this length of time

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I had to call a directory enquiries this month. Did the usual try to find the number on the interweb but didnt work was a private residence and the search engines for that seemed shocking. So dialed 118118 cause it was the only one i could remember. Bloody 9 quid it was on my bill. Call lasted 1.16 seconds and i didnt get them to put me through cause i knew that cost more.

I looked it up. 40p in 2003 for the same service before privatisation. So much for competition making things cheaper. Wont make that mistake again.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Hosting companies.
Sites not working and its server side. Provide screenshots of error codes at beginning of 28 minutes online chat (google unable to index redirect etc). Ask if he's looked at the screenshots, yup. Guy says after giving up and saying it's my fault and I should hire an SEO pro to sort it "if we had the error codes we could help" FUCKING WHAT ?!?!
Says thanks when I give them again and will escalate to solve the problem.
fucking fuck fuck!

edit before finished typing:
Moron tech just emailed me, apparently should have google look for domain without www as that's how it's configured on the server. Sounds good right? Wrong, that was for a domain that is working perfectly not the one that is fubar. Think I'll go the pub.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Debate tournaments are a big thing in USA and Canada and a lot of prestige to schools and colleges that win. Social Justice era is now politicizing them and turning these millennial women perpetual victims. Quite hilarious but still annoying.

First Rule of Weekend Debate Championship: No Men Allowed

"There is also a lot of sexual predation that happens in the debate community," said UVM debate director Helen Morgan-Parmett. "The tournament, I think, provides a safe space where people feel they are debating other women, and their bodies aren't necessarily on display."

World is going bonkers! :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
"Oh no, I cannot discuss with you. You're a man; you can't talk to me without picturing me, without any clothes on"

While the above statement is true, I find it highly offensive nevertheless...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The Sugar Tax (again). It seems to have given restaurants and bars an excuse to foist Diet shite on me when I clearly asked for full fat. Bar in the airport this morning didn't even tell me they only had Pepsi Max, I nearly threw up when I took the first swig. And then had the usual sweetener driven headache until lunchtime :(

If our lovely paternal gubbermint is going to insist on bringing in regressive bullshit which hasn't worked anywhere in the world, go for it - just charge me the extra 10p for the full fat option, don't fucking force sweeteners on me you tight arse cunts.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
McDonald's does it as well. Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite Zero and Fanta Zero.

I have never in my life seen anyone drink or purchase a sprite or fanta zero. I used to go for the fanta every time, but now I usually just skip the drink, as I am not a big fan of coke(the one you drink...)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
To be fair my karma just sorted itself out, thanks to the French of all people. Ordered a 1.5L bottle of Coke with my dinner (small town, hotel in in only has one dinner option - order in a pizza) and they turned up with Pepsi.

Winning.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I only drink diet soda. But i will support your right to drink sugar :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Apparently artificial sweetener's bad, mkay.

Certain gut bacteria may induce metabolic changes following exposure to artificial sweeteners

"Artificial sweeteners have long been promoted as diet and health aids. But breaking research shows that these products may be leading to the very diseases they were said to help prevent: scientists have discovered that, after exposure to artificial sweeteners, our gut bacteria may be triggering harmful metabolic changes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom