SPAM random annoying things

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Met one of those in Nottingham, follwing the satnav and it was constantly telling me to turn and at last minute spotted it was either bus or cycles only with a huge cctv watching.
London must be a bus lane/no entry/rising bollard/ only between certain times fucking nightmare.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And yet by pretty much every measure you can think of, cyclists and motorcyclists get killed and injured less in the U.K. than almost anywhere on the planet. And given how cyclist-unfriendly British Road design is, it indicates British drivers are doing something right.

Like a lot of things about Britain, it’s only when you’re not there for a while that you realise the British are surprisingly...competent...at a lot of things. I’ve got a lot of time for British driving standards.
I agree. I said as much.

It's not the standards I'm complaining about. It's the experience.

Ask me if I'd rather ride in Britain and have x chance of death or ride in Vietnam and have x times 4 chance of death and I would choose 'nam because day to day is pleasant, not miserable. Really horrid and miserable.

I just don't get how Road cyclists put up with it in the UK.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Windows 10 creators update (latest windows update). So now, games crash all the time and my internet connection works 50% of the time you restart/start the computer. Did not want to update, but it did anyway. Rolled back, thought i turned it off, were gone for three days while leaving computah on its own chugging away, and so it updated by itself..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Working flawlessly for me? You got the latest drivers for everything?

You can turn automatic unattended updates off for a month then do 'em when's right for you.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Probably due to an old computer (I've got the 3570k i5 model and 780 gtx), and my ram seem to not be super reliable.

What are the specs on your comp? Might need to get some of my hardware renewed. All drivers are as up to date as they can be. Still super annoying that the Ethernet connection cocks up intermittently all of the sudden. (No new updates for the motherboard since it's old as fuck).

*plans a magic venture through the tech section soon*

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Working flawlessly for me? You got the latest drivers for everything?

You can turn automatic unattended updates off for a month then do 'em when's right for you.

I’ve got a reasonably well-specced laptop but that 3D paint thing crashes all the time. Drivers are up to date.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Windows 10 creators update (latest windows update). So now, games crash all the time and my internet connection works 50% of the time you restart/start the computer. Did not want to update, but it did anyway. Rolled back, thought i turned it off, were gone for three days while leaving computah on its own chugging away, and so it updated by itself..
User error..buy a proper PC.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@fettoken - are you by any chance running an asus motherboard?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As a matter of fact i do, P8Z77-V. Is that..bad?

But i want to complain and not not buy new stuff and format & shit like that.

Might be my issue exactly. The update disables the ASUS AI suite which you might have used for dynamic fan control. In my case this meant even changing fan settings in the bios had no effect as somehow the software settings were not getting over written.

I corrected this by doing a complete bios reset, ie remove the mobo battery for a while. After that I could get fans working at sensible levels again.

Sample link:

AISuite fails to start after Windows update KB4056892 (Intel vulnerability patch) - Page 2

Google search "asus ai suite disable windows update"

Lakih

Resident Freddy
@fettoken Creator update is controlled by a program called Windows 10 update assistant. You can control it's behaviour in the task scheduler under Task scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> UpdateOrchestrator. Disable UpdateAssistant, UpdateAssistantCalendarRun, and UpdateAssistantWakeupRun.

It's a short term fix to disable it to run as you try to fix the root issues, but it saves you a lot of headache.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm really into machine learning and data science in general atm and the tech looks great but she can fuck off with the whole legislation bit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm really into machine learning and data science in general atm and the tech looks great but she can fuck off with the whole legislation bit.
Can't do context. It can see what videos get tagged, find similar videos, but if you've put up a video with some ISIS content that said "look at these cunts" and discussing why they're idiots and wrong, starting an adult intellectual debate (as should be your right) then it'd still get pulled / banned.

Total free speech infringement. By computer.

Syri

FH is my second home
Might be my issue exactly. The update disables the ASUS AI suite which you might have used for dynamic fan control. In my case this meant even changing fan settings in the bios had no effect as somehow the software settings were not getting over written.

I corrected this by doing a complete bios reset, ie remove the mobo battery for a while. After that I could get fans working at sensible levels again.

Sample link:

AISuite fails to start after Windows update KB4056892 (Intel vulnerability patch) - Page 2

I was going to go through that today as I have the same motherboard, and noticed the fan control wasn't working right. I had a windows update overnight though, and now it seems to have fixed itself, the AI suite is running happily again, warning me that the cpu fan is at 0rpm (even though it is spinning).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Virgin appear to be throttling my downloads at 1.2Mbps for no apparent reason.

Not uploaded a lot in a long time (they fuck people over who upload more than 5Gb a day in a single day) and it only started yesterday. Bought Dirt Rally for 8 quid and downloading it feels like I'm on a 28800bps modem :eek:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got their fastest package and no throttling how ever much i download.

If your gonna be a skinflint and not get the fastest speed then you get what you pay for.

And its only 6pm -11pm anyway. If you uploaded 5gb in just over two hours u going some.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yes yes we pay a fortune for a pretty mediocre service.

The way to solve the issue is by giving them more money. Yes.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

No you pay them for a service with conditions attached that you know about. Then complain when said conditions are triggered by your own actions.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Yes. Much in the same way the answer to government failings is always more government .

PS never been throttled on Sky.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Sample link:

I have an Asus Z170 in my gaming rig and no issues at all with the update. everything has been working fine and no crashes. My MSI Dragon laptop however was a mare during the update and still crashing with some games (WOT, Division...)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
When one of your best friends rings to tell you about the new family car he's bought - and that family car turns out to be a BMW M3....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom