SPAM random annoying things

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
People eating their junkfood on public transportation

Oh man, don't get me started. There was guy on the train yesterday sat opposite me eating a bag of popcorn. In Ireland they have this stuff called "Manhattan" popcorn, which stinks rotten and the guy was eating it like a pig and then licking his fingers at the end. I wanted to hurl. I can tolerate food on long journeys but on packed commuter trains these people can fuck off and die. Also, women who do their makeup on the train; get out of bed earlier you lazy fucking bitches.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just communting on trains tbh. Having to be packed in with peons. Just ick.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Gluttony.

Just got back from Cuba, which is very popular with overweight French Canadians apparently. It was all inclusive with several buffet (all you can eat) restaurants and 8 or so "proper" restaurants (normal portions).
So these fat fucks were coming back to the tables at the buffets with at least one plate loaded to capacity with food. One family in particular with two adult daughters would come back with 3 fucking plates each for lunch! We would be having maybe a salad or similar in the heat. The normal restaurants were completely devoid of these pigs, I mean obese people, presumably because the portions were normal adult sized.
I have never seen such a high concentration (70%+) of obese and morbidly obese people in my life. Not forgetting that they would not be wearing much on the beach or around the pool it was puke inducing.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Insurance companies.

Renewal is due on the dog insurance, they want £440 compared to last years £256. So go on the meercats and same company, same cover, same policy £125! Call them "wat da fuk!", "Yes sir it's the same would you prefer to cancel and take out that new policy?".

Erm, let me think....

DaGaffer

Gluttony.

Just got back from Cuba, which is very popular with overweight French Canadians apparently. It was all inclusive with several buffet (all you can eat) restaurants and 8 or so "proper" restaurants (normal portions).
So these fat fucks were coming back to the tables at the buffets with at least one plate loaded to capacity with food. One family in particular with two adult daughters would come back with 3 fucking plates each for lunch! We would be having maybe a salad or similar in the heat. The normal restaurants were completely devoid of these pigs, I mean obese people, presumably because the portions were normal adult sized.
I have never seen such a high concentration (70%+) of obese and morbidly obese people in my life. Not forgetting that they would not be wearing much on the beach or around the pool it was puke inducing.

Went to Cuba 10 years ago, never saw any of that, but I was mainly in Havana and had just come from Cancun so I avoided anything that looked like a resort like the plague.

From what I can remember of resort hotels (it’s been a while...15 years?) they’re always full of fatties abusing the buffet, from all nationalities.

DaGaffer

Insurance companies.

Renewal is due on the dog insurance, they want £440 compared to last years £256. So go on the meercats and same company, same cover, same policy £125! Call them "wat da fuk!", "Yes sir it's the same would you prefer to cancel and take out that new policy?".

Erm, let me think....

Nice joined up set of sales objectives there

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Went to Cuba 10 years ago, never saw any of that, but I was mainly in Havana and had just come from Cancun so I avoided anything that looked like a resort like the plague.

From what I can remember of resort hotels (it’s been a while...15 years?) they’re always full of fatties abusing the buffet, from all nationalities.

Went to a resort last year in the Dominican Republic that was really good. That was our first time in a resort but it made us think let's try another one. The place we went to has glowing Trip Advisor reviews but no mention of the fatties.
We are done with resorts now.
Place and staff were great though and jeez it was toasty :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Yep - if you want to hang about with fat brainless chavs you pick that sort of a holiday unfortunately (i.e. one where they look at a hotel, look at the pool and then actually look forward to two weeks all-inclusive drinking and eating because they've no imagination / impetus to go out and discover things (because that's harder)).

Makes me shudder. Been on them (when I was a kid) but never again.

Edit: It's not particularly that it's the resort (which can be cheap and cheerful) but it's the type of person who's gone on holiday just to "sit and do nothing" 'cause that's their bag.

Their bag being a bag of boring.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Gluttony.

Stay clear of any all inclusive for that very reason, half board is fine as long as the drinks are no excessively priced.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
it's the type of person who's gone on holiday just to "sit and do nothing" 'cause that's their bag.

Their bag being a bag of boring.
To each their own. :) It's not my thing either but when I've let properties for holidays down here there are many different types of holidaymaker. More often than not though they either want to use the house as basically a place to sleep and go out and do things every day or they just want to be in and around the pool and do not a whole lot else.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
To each their own. :) It's not my thing either but when I've let properties for holidays down here there are many different types of holidaymaker. More often than not though they either want to use the house as basically a place to sleep and go out and do things every day or they just want to be in and around the pool and do not a whole lot else.
Hehe ypu know @Scouse anyone who doesnt conform to his lifestyle ideals is below him ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
*may have been being deliberately inflammatory.

**still - we were talking about obese 3-platers...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Personally I'm off to Fiji in May, and I plan on sitting on my arse for 10 days and doing fuck all. All inclusive too. Well, the second week is, the first week and flights there and back are paid for :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Personally I'm off to Fiji in May, and I plan on sitting on my arse for 10 days and doing fuck all. All inclusive too. Well, the second week is, the first week and flights there and back are paid for :)
Fair enough @Bodhi - but can I ask - what's the point?

I mean, if you really plan on doing "fuck all" - i.e. on going to the pool, sitting by the beach and drinking/eating why spend all that money going to Fiji? You could get the same experience much cheaper closer by.

If I went that far I'd be on a boat every other day exploring the islands of the archipelago, scuba diving, exploring the main island etc. If I wanted to sit on my arse and do fuck all I'd probably just go to southern europe or the canaries.

DaGaffer

I mean, if you really plan on doing "fuck all" - i.e. on going to the pool, sitting by the beach and drinking/eating why spend all that money going to Fiji? You could get the same experience much cheaper closer by.

If I went that far I'd be on a boat every other day exploring the islands of the archipelago, scuba diving, exploring the main island etc. If I wanted to sit on my arse and do fuck all I'd probably just go to southern europe or the canaries.

Agreed. That’s a fucking long flight to go and sit on your arse all day.

Personally my “lying by the pool” tolerance on any holiday is about an afternoon.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

It's a group holiday organised by work for people who have done well the previous year, so not much choice in the destination. They go round each of the regions in turn, this year it's Asia Pac, and a trip to Fiji. I won;t be sitting on my arse the entire time, I've got two games of golf booked and we are spending the last week on one of the smaller islands in a retreat. There will no doubt be opportunities for snorkeling etc, but after a pretty heavy year I'm looking forwards to doing very little on an island in the South Pacific.

We were thinking of deferring to next year when it's in Crete, but we may not get a chance to go to Fiji again, so we're taking it.

Plus it's only 26 hours traveling to get there.....

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The fact embedded Soundcloud tracks don't have a fucking volume control and always seem to play at LOLWHAT volume no matter how much you turn your speakers down.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Women who go to the men's toilet. Please wait in line like the rest of us

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tenants. (and rental agencies).

Got a couple who've moved in with their kid (and their dog - which I let them do even though the advert specifically stated no pets). They've apparently sold their gaff in Northampton and are flush with cash and he's allegedly got a job up here.

They moved in in January. They want to move out and they want me to hand them back their deposit. They've no school place for their daughter up here (what kind of idiot parent moves without securing that first?) and apparently his job *isn't* in Nottingham but is still in Northampton.

I take a hit from the rental agency when they secure a new tenancy so I've paid for that, there's always a hit when a tenant moves out (loss of rent and council tax / bills and the like) and there'll be another hit to secure another tenant.

They've one legitimate complaint - it turns out there's a leak in the roof when it rains hard. This is bad enough to drip into the upstairs bathroom. I was told about this last August - so had someone out to fix it (arranged by rental agency). It turns out that this didn't work properly (despite the bill, and it's annoying that the previous tenants didn't tell me this) - so I'm in the process of engaging a roofer to come out and fix it. But either way - tough titties.

I'm out of contract in two weeks. Mortgage to pay. Fuck idiots who move up without jobs and schools. I'm not only not going to give them a penny of their deposit back, I'd love to charge them more for wasting my time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Got a couple who've moved in with their kid (and their dog - which I let them do even though the advert specifically stated no pets). They've apparently sold their gaff in Northampton and are flush with cash and he's allegedly got a job up here.

They moved in in January. They want to move out and they want me to hand them back their deposit. They've no school place for their daughter up here (what kind of idiot parent moves without securing that first?) and apparently his job *isn't* in Nottingham but is still in Northampton.

I take a hit from the rental agency when they secure a new tenancy so I've paid for that, there's always a hit when a tenant moves out (loss of rent and council tax / bills and the like) and there'll be another hit to secure another tenant.

They've one legitimate complaint - it turns out there's a leak in the roof when it rains hard. This is bad enough to drip into the upstairs bathroom. I was told about this last August - so had someone out to fix it (arranged by rental agency). It turns out that this didn't work properly (despite the bill, and it's annoying that the previous tenants didn't tell me this) - so I'm in the process of engaging a roofer to come out and fix it. But either way - tough titties.

I'm out of contract in two weeks. Mortgage to pay. Fuck idiots who move up without jobs and schools. I'm not only not going to give them a penny of their deposit back, I'd love to charge them more for wasting my time.
Arnt they in a six month agreement?

Cant you force them to pay you for the months they have agreed to? Or are you not doing the standard thing?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Arnt they in a six month agreement?

Cant you force them to pay you for the months they have agreed to? Or are you not doing the standard thing?
Signed a 12 month tenancy with a clause in it that says if it goes to tits then they can get out early with notice by May.

But having the law on your side and all the agreements in the world is one thing - actually getting money out of people is another.

Rent is due this Sunday. I'm betting they don't pay it.

DaGaffer

Is their deposit in the TPS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom