SPAM random annoying things

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Your throway accusations of racism are the exact line of thought embedded in bigots minds.
Exactly how do you prove your diversity acceptance?
Have you invited mr and mrs patel for dinner..or is one of your mates brown.
The tiresome 'thinks he not racist cos he talks to black.people' says everything about the commenter, implied progressive liberal superiority.
Its in the same vein as ..oh you shop for fine wine in waitrose...how predictable.

I was taking the piss.

However, your super defensive response speaks volumes.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The whole Amazon/Google YouTube bullshit.

Fire TV was basically the only thing you could just get all catch-up/on demand viewing on without issue.

Grrrr

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Randomly not being able to sleep. Mind you, the weather outside is horrific. I'm really glad I'm not sleeping in a bus shelter somewhere.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Randomly not being able to sleep. Mind you, the weather outside is horrific. I'm really glad I'm not sleeping in a bus shelter somewhere.

I get this thought more and more recently. Is it an age / maturity thing?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Fire TV was basically the only thing you could just get all catch-up/on demand viewing on without issue.

Grrrr

In the UK perhaps. There's never been a single "does everything" box over here. Its really fucking irritating.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Also, yeah it wasn't half windy last night, at one point I was proper concerned the garden gate might blow open, then what would I have done!?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I get this thought more and more recently. Is it an age / maturity thing?

A bloke I went to school with (didn't get along with him but still) I've recently discovered is sleeping rough. It doesn't take much for things to come crashing down. I'm only about 6 years away from finishing my mortgage, once I'm there, I'll feel a lot safer.

Syri

FH is my second home

Grrrr
I got a Roku Express recently for £30, as there were a few things my fire stick couldn't handle. The only thing I had trouble with on the roku was playing from my server, so I finally got round to setting up plex, and that works fine now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I stuck an old work slimline desktop PC under the telly and don't understand what the issue is with apps for this, apps for that, this hardware solution, that hardware solution.

It cost me about £30 for some more ram and £45 for a fanless graphics card...sure its not a Chinese £20 piece of shit but it works, flawlessly, with everything.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I stuck an old work slimline desktop PC under the telly and don't understand what the issue is with apps for this, apps for that, this hardware solution, that hardware solution.

It cost me about £30 for some more ram and £45 for a fanless graphics card...sure its not a Chinese £20 piece of shit but it works, flawlessly, with everything.
The Amazon Fire TV stick cost me about £25, came with a remote (no stupid app needed), ran off the USB power from the TV and until this stupid spat between Google and Amazon did everything flawlessly.

Basically it is stupid that two companies who constantly bang on about "look how easy this is, just talk to search" or "we've improved this" or "now you can watch in 4K that" are now both being petty and turning updates into feature removals.

Pretty sure when Sony pulled this shit with Linux on Playstation they got a bit of a legal kicking so hopefully Amazon / Google get the same here somehow

old.user4556

I’ve got Apple TV 4K which simply the best piece of kit in the whole world ever, anything else is quite frankly shit and for poor people. It also means you need to lick my shoes.

Also, anyone know what “unable to play file” means when I open ... anything?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Apple probably sent you an obsolescence update to improve your user experience and facilitate a greater sense of warmth though pathological consumption, or something or other.

You can fix it by sending them £500

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Imagine having to use an additional device to watch online content - what deprivation :(

Just install the app on your TV?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Tis what i do now. Stream straight from nas to tv with no box. Got netflix and amazon apps on the tv and connected to the interweb

Lovin my new sony tv @Bodhi

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
You can still YouTube on the Fire via the web browser. Not as convenient as the app but it works.

It is all completely laughable that two of the largest Tech companies that were preaching Net Neutrality start doing this to each other. Bunch of hypocrites.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Imagine having to use an additional device to watch online content - what deprivation :(

Just install the app on your TV?
No thanks. I've come full circle back to the point where I prefer dumb panels over smart ones because the software updates won't get maintained.

If Amazon ditch the Fire TV Stick there will be another circa £30 device like the Roku I can just plug in to a HDMI port and carry on. I don't need or want an upgrade cycle for everything in my life.
You can still YouTube on the Fire via the web browser. Not as convenient as the app but it works.

It is all completely laughable that two of the largest Tech companies that were preaching Net Neutrality start doing this to each other. Bunch of hypocrites.
Yeah, it's shit though and works badly with the remote. When the banner saying that Firefox was available suddenly appeared I figured that would be where this was all going. I wish I had been wrong :(

Bodhi

Tis what i do now. Stream straight from nas to tv with no box. Got netflix and amazon apps on the tv and connected to the interweb

Lovin my new sony tv @Bodhi

I wasn't entirely convinced about Smart TV's til I got the latest one - Android 7.0 means that if there is an Android app for it, chances are it will go on the TV. Haven't had to use an additional box to watch content (except Sky or BR obviously) for about 5 years now.

Bodhi

Oh, and AG Barr have joined the list of Lucozade and Kellogg's as being utter cunts.

/me runs off to stockpile Bru with the correct amount of sugar (i.e a fucking shitload) added.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wish they would make a caffine free version of irn bru. I like the taste but hate the caffine.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I didn't know lucazade had changed, hadn't noticed any difference.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I wasn't entirely convinced about Smart TV's til I got the latest one - Android 7.0 means that if there is an Android app for it, chances are it will go on the TV. Haven't had to use an additional box to watch content (except Sky or BR obviously) for about 5 years now.

That's actually not a given at all. Android device support is patchy as fuck and quite a few content providers specifically block the likes of TVs or Android stbs (Virgin for example don't want you multirooming with their device apps). Can you load apks directly? That's usually the only way to ensure you can run anything you want.

Bodhi

That's actually not a given at all. Android device support is patchy as fuck and quite a few content providers specifically block the likes of TVs or Android stbs (Virgin for example don't want you multirooming with their device apps). Can you load apks directly? That's usually the only way to ensure you can run anything you want.

Yep, works fine. Fully supported by Sony as well, who handily give you 4 or 5 methods to achieve it.

CountrySelector - Sony

Haven't come across anything that doesn't work yet.

old.user4556

One I'm hearing post-Christmas that I've mentioned before - "my other half" usually in response to buying presents / visiting in-laws. Honestly gives me the absolute cringe that people can be so horribly codependent that they can't live or function without another human being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom