SPAM random annoying things

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Take you have checked the speaker cones and made sure something is not loose/torn? If you have and it's not mechanical in nature could be the electronics to filter the base and tweeter. You should be able to get a new module or just remove it and replace the components on it. Not exactly complicated circuits.

Nah it's the metal cage for the bass driver that's vibrating against the baffle. I can stop it by flexing it slightly. Just needs some kind of mastic between the two.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Rubber foam, cut to measure. Mastic won't do it in the long term.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Are you sure? The base requirement for RHEL/Centos7 to run is 1GB of RAM (though the tech-specs recommend 1GB per CPU) - however that may be for a minimal install with no extra shit installed so it could depend what apps you're running..

Initial try was 256MB Haha. Dracut kept crashing up to 1GB. Worked perfectly when I gave up and just set it to 2GB.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Went to an exhibition today in Trafford Park. Email ticket, so held my phone up so the woman with the scanner could do her thing. She took the phone from my hand, rotated it to landscape, and attempted to scan it - whereupon the phone immediately rotated the email so the barcode was only half visible. She turned the phone the right way up, the email rotated back, and she went to scan it again but rotated the phone again. She did this several times before I said "why don't you hold the phone straight and rotate the scanner?"

And the scanner didn't work any way, I had to go to reception to get the ticket printed onto a bit of paper I eventually threw in a bin. It's 2017 ffs.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Went to an exhibition today in Trafford Park. Email ticket, so held my phone up so the woman with the scanner could do her thing. She took the phone from my hand, rotated it to landscape, and attempted to scan it - whereupon the phone immediately rotated the email so the barcode was only half visible. She turned the phone the right way up, the email rotated back, and she went to scan it again but rotated the phone again. She did this several times before I said "why don't you hold the phone straight and rotate the scanner?"

And the scanner didn't work any way, I had to go to reception to get the ticket printed onto a bit of paper I eventually threw in a bin. It's 2017 ffs.

That is bloody annoying, and in the back of my head I'm always concerned about scannable phone barcodes.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I've started using mobile boarding passes, but still haven't got out if the habit of printing one off, just in case. Some airports have dodgy scanners that don't like the mobile ones (step forward Charles du Gaulle).

TdC

sorting some serious stuff. bank wants an original formal document, of which I have exactly two. getting the documents in the first place had me paying just under 500 euros notary costs. therefor the bank wants me to hand over a document worth approx 250 euros, and they won't accept a copy. :eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've used mobile boarding passes for years, they always work just fine. I'm sure there's a number on them so that if the scanner doesn't work, they can type it in (like the supermarket checkouts sometimes do).

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

2017, man doesn't know how to rotation lock.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
2017, man knows perfectly well how to lock the orientation but is absolutely amazed that woman can't work her way out of a very simple problem - she didn't need to rotate the phone.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Maybe the rotation lock on her dudad was locked.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
A great way to spend Sunday afternoon; unblocking a clogged drain. There's a design flaw and ultimately we're going to have to dig up the patio and put new pipes in. In the meantime it's rods and hoses and a literal world of shit every six months.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
As long as you don't have to interfere with your new extension...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
A great way to spend Sunday afternoon; unblocking a clogged drain. There's a design flaw and ultimately we're going to have to dig up the patio and put new pipes in. In the meantime it's rods and hoses and a literal world of shit every six months.
I get people out to do that for me on my emergency cover part of house insurance.

TdC

when you start up your work email after a week of holidays and your email program immidiately goes into "syncing" and then "not responding". wtf have the people been doing? I was only OOO for 5 frigging days! 0_o

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What annoys me is that people copy you in on all sorts of bollocks that you don't care about knowing that you aren't there. I had that last Monday. Took most of the morning to sift through the rubbish.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
As long as you don't have to interfere with your new extension...

Nah, the problem is with a downstairs bathroom that was put in long before we bought the place. Whoever did the downpipes to the main drain was clearly Greek because the damn thing sleeves down to a 2" pipe before it gets to the main drain, and its at a shallow angle so there's not enough pressure. I could get Dynorod out to it (did that the first time) but my insurance won't cover it because its not "broken". Unfortunately this is fairly typical of a lot of downstairs bathrooms; we had a similar problem with the first place we lived when we moved here, but that was rented so we didn't have to pay for it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Would it not be cheaper and less of a ballache to get a macerator?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Trying to find decent sized leather remnants. I got lucky with 10 large bits for £20 on Amazon, now sold out and not resupplying. Everything left is small, shit and and expensive.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Kill a cow then skin it. And im not talking about your missus.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not enough on her. Bought some from somewhere else in the end but paid more than I wanted.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I was thinking about that but I need it to be quite thick, 3mm or so, the stuff they make saddles out of.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
As cokenoze said, take up hunting and learn skinning, curing and tanning etc - have fun. Or, try to deal with farmers around and see if you can buy skin or some such.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Doesn't a lot of that stuff drop in Keltoi or somewhere? Organise a raid!! :D

TdC

Just ordered millions worth of kit for our compute stuff. Before that I spent most of a month in final preparation with my data center managers, my procurement managers, my customers and not in the least my own management, without budget approval thereof there would be no order at all. The whole process has taken months to make the magic happen. Just before I got the order out my management told me they were tired of me blathering about doing nothing important and to get on with it. Then they went out to a liquid dinner. I am annoyed :eek:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
What annoys me is that people copy you in on all sorts of bollocks that you don't care about knowing that you aren't there. I had that last Monday. Took most of the morning to sift through the rubbish.

Put an out office that states:

"I am out of the office. The email you have just sent has been deleted. Please resend it to me when i'm back in on the ..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom