SPAM random annoying things

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sadly this all comes down to the phenomenon that people can't seem to hold two thoughts in their head at the same time without getting an anyeurism these days

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Sadly this all comes down to the phenomenon that people can't seem to hold two thoughts in their head at the same time without getting an anyeurism these days
And always need to have no responsibility themselves.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Sadly people are too used to getting their opinions and facts in 140 characters or less, so things like nuance and reading what the judge actually said have been completely lost.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It is indeed disgusting reading comments, expressed vividly, (for example) on a Swedish forum where many victim-shame women, mainly, that are travelling Africa or meet foreign guys at home, of a certain demography i might add, etc, that they should be aware and it's their fault, and they hate white males, etc, their names are published in threads which can be seen from google, they visit said persons Facebook's and continue harassing. Vile and hateful.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That IS victim blaming.

Women are NOT responsible for someone raping them :eek:

...However, it is factually correct that it is easier to rape someone if they are unconscious.

Edit, nm, missed a few posts.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
And if she isn't blacked out yet, half a roofie will do the job just fine

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That IS victim blaming.

Women are NOT responsible for someone raping them :eek:
They are responsible for getting themselves in the state thats it is more likely to happen. You need to be responsible for making yourself as safe as possible.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ignoring the whole rape thing, people are retarded if they get so drunk they fall unconscious.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They are responsible for getting themselves in the state thats it is more likely to happen. You need to be responsible for making yourself as safe as possible.

You have that backwards. Extremely drunk women are less able to defend themselves against predatory males. But they are not responsible, not even slightly. If a drunk woman falls into a canal, then yes she's responsible. But not if she "falls" onto a penis.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Victim blaming.

So, should they cover themselves up more just in case a rapist sees their tits and legs too?

It's like talking to your grandparents. Women are NOT responsible for being raped - and they shouldn't get raped whatever they do, or however they act. You don't "invite" rape. Ever.

If certain behaviour means that criminal behaviour of another person statistically more likely to you, it still doesn't make you responsible for that other person's criminal behaviour. Rapists are totally responsible for their own behaviour.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
@Tom @Scouse

I had a similar discussion with my mother on this. She told me that she never worried about my sisters as teenagers, but always worried about me get assaulted (one memorable moment when I was 15). There were parts of where I grew up that you just simply avoided: bad parts of town, particular pubs, certain taxi ranks etc. because they were a breeding ground for violence. Like rape, it was obviously never my fault if I got a hiding, I should be able to go into a shit-hole pub and have a pint without enduring violence right? The reality is that certain types of people, places and situations were / are simply to be avoided or you put yourself at risk. Fucking terrible, but it's the reality.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Tbh I'd agree there. While people *should* leave one another alone, there are all kinds of people and some of them can't handle certain situations or temptations. The Dutch have a saying which, when translated, reads as "tying the cat to the bacon". That said, a cat is not a human and some humans will decide to dick around with others just because they think it's a good idea at the time, and some other humans may join in, because they're sheeple.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Victim blaming.

So, should they cover themselves up more just in case a rapist sees their tits and legs too?

It's like talking to your grandparents. Women are NOT responsible for being raped - and they shouldn't get raped whatever they do, or however they act. You don't "invite" rape. Ever.

If certain behaviour means that criminal behaviour of another person statistically more likely to you, it still doesn't make you responsible for that other person's criminal behaviour. Rapists are totally responsible for their own behaviour.
Im not saying its their fault. Its the fault of the person who forces themselves on the individual.

But we unfortunately live in a society where there are predators and they pick on the vulnerable. So taking a bit of responsibility for yourself and making yourself less vulnerable isnt a bad thing k.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't disagree with that at all but you haveto tread very carefully how you phrase things or in the end you make a bad and unfair situation worse.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Think I've got the flu, been snotty and coldey for 2 days, now the shivers have kicked in :sick:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Don't disagree with that at all but you haveto tread very carefully how you phrase things or in the end you make a bad and unfair situation worse.
Good job im not in the habit of dealing with rape victims then.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Samsung update to android 7.0 has changed keyboard layout just a little bit, now i type like a drunk person all the tjme

Tom

I am a FH squatter
One of my Musical Fidelity Reference 4 speakers, which are fairly ancient but good, has developed a slight vibration at 190Hz. This has been pissing me off for the last few weeks but I've only just found the source of the noise (I thought it was something at the back of the telly). I found it by casting to the television, from my phone, a rising sine wave file on YouTube.

There now follows some research to find out what I can put between the edge of the bass driver and fascia to stop this pesky noise...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
faffing about the evening debugging really vague errors in my kickstart setup to deploy new VM's, only to find that CentOS7 just won't deploy into a VM that has < 2GB ram anymore. goodbye those 3 hours of my life :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
One of my Musical Fidelity Reference 4 speakers, which are fairly ancient but good, has developed a slight vibration at 190Hz. This has been pissing me off for the last few weeks but I've only just found the source of the noise (I thought it was something at the back of the telly). I found it by casting to the television, from my phone, a rising sine wave file on YouTube.

There now follows some research to find out what I can put between the edge of the bass driver and fascia to stop this pesky noise...

Take you have checked the speaker cones and made sure something is not loose/torn? If you have and it's not mechanical in nature could be the electronics to filter the base and tweeter. You should be able to get a new module or just remove it and replace the components on it. Not exactly complicated circuits.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
faffing about the evening debugging really vague errors in my kickstart setup to deploy new VM's, only to find that CentOS7 just won't deploy into a VM that has < 2GB ram anymore. goodbye those 3 hours of my life :(

Are you sure? The base requirement for RHEL/Centos7 to run is 1GB of RAM (though the tech-specs recommend 1GB per CPU) - however that may be for a minimal install with no extra shit installed so it could depend what apps you're running..

dysfunction

FH is my second home

You sound a bit like the McMillan piping people from "Patriot".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom