Raid Leaders

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
mercury said:
Hey fellahs, can you not recognise the wriggling of a worm on the hook?

Until people come forward who are not in his Guild and can say - look I got the Phoenix Remains, or the Talos or whatever - then its all flim-flam. He contradicts himself at every step, and even credits himself with the impossible - ie. distributing loot items 'randomly'. His sensitivity when guys ask him about his items tells its own story.

And just in case there may be any misunderstanding : its NOT about some old salvage (ever tried to buy Phoenix remains?); it's NOT about missing out anything in particular (personally there's nothing I need for example - though others may have a different slant); it's about what this guy did/didn't do to other people's expectations. Whatever you or I might say there are plenty of players who do not ignore nice drops - they see MLs as a way to improve, and fair distribution of loot is a welcome bonus to that end. In effect he said f*ck that and if you don't like my cba attitude, butt out.

Sorry to be pompous but principles matter, and unprincipled players are a wart on the face of Camelot. I hope this thread runs and runs, with the added hope that it might just discourage others from behaving like a nob, stepping into some else's shoes or not.

:(

Merc, i counted 22 dragon heads a few ML9 trophies, 200 other animals in your massive house's , they are like a zoo, you have had more items through your hands than anyone i know, what more could you possibly want from ML 8 and 9?

You have had it all 20 times over.

And while we are talking about distribution , hand me a few of them dragon heads. :D

And as far as expectations go, from what i could see from the start, is that people expected ML's and not loot.

And for people who was not there on sunday , dont really have anything to complain about, because for starters they didnt see the conversation that went on before the raid started, which the general idea was " balls to the loot " lets move on.

Wheather the raid leader ran off with loot, lost it, or just left it, it aint no differnt from any other Raid Leader claiming it, is it now.

The only things people would have been going on ML8+9 for is:

1 ML's

2 Remains

3 15 Arcanium Bars

If you want any of the other items, like Stardrops, Rebirth Boots etc etc, groups are made to farm these items.

Anyone who goes on Cowboy(Last Minute Job) Raids for loot, are just plain crazy.

At the end of the day the main raid was canceled, some guy took over, could not be arsed to piss about with loot, and just wanted it done, thats the picture our group saw and we was happy with that.

If anyone else was going to do a better job, then they would have been driving the zerg.

PS. Merc i think you need a box of chocolates and some flowers, as you seem to be getting really worked up just latly on raids, leave it with me i will sort it. :fluffle:

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Needs

Completely missed point, old bean, which is not unusual for you.:wanker: Why you want to make this a personal attack on my game-plans beats me, but there ya go. Bring it on, bruv.

You are quite right - I have everything I need, and if I see anybody asking for something, I'm more than likely to give away any extra I might have rotting in a vault. Otherwise I sell it at what I try to make the cheapest price on the cluster. On the numerous raids I run I never claim and never have claimed anything, but even if I was in need, I'd take my chance in the lotto with everyone else. I've made it pretty clear many times that this idea of pre-claiming items is about as nasty as running off with all of em and giving it to your mates. So, as you could have worked out much earlier had you half the brain of a flatworm, this has nothing to do with what I need or don't need, what I have or don't have - but it doesn't follow others have the same attitude. You know me well enough to know I aint gonna sit quietly in a corner whilst the H*nsis of this world screw everyone they can, nor whilst the <insert your toons> lecture me on how to behave.
You don't get Dragon Heads distributed from me, and nor does anyone else, because you haven't earned em - for all the trophies I have on display I've killed or helped kill the mob dropping the remains. I was given a Baa'lorien trophy which I kept in a vault for weeks before putting it up permanently after Id helped kill him. My houses are open for anyone to see, (museum, not zoo - they're all dead) but I've never been able to see inside yours. Maybe you got something to hide, or maybe there's nothing there at all or is it you're too much of a cheapo to provide a porter? I dunno and I don't care actually. I just happen to have a goal to collect all the trophies that Midgard can come up with and Dragon Heads are a foible of mine as they're not easy to get. I won em all perfectly legit tho - and there's only about half the number of heads as dragon raids I've been on. Call me a PvE hoe if you will. I take it as a compliment. As someone we both know might say 'engage brain before putting both feet in mouth' - and he's got as many Dragon Heads as I have - I see to that.

Just to put you in the picture : I wasn't even on the ML9 raid - only the ML8 before and the ML10 afterwards. I asked him about the loot on the ML8, not because I wanted it, but because his attitude was totally at odds with the usual procedure. His answer was far from satisfactory. On my ML10 raid afterwards, where he got ML10 cred btw, I was on the receiving end of flak from guys who weren't happy with his ML8&9 behaviour and didn't want him in the BG. I sent him 3 pms which he didn't answer, and then kicked him. He had been afk and when he came back and because several of his guildies asked, I re-instated him.

I now think something definitely odd went on, mainly because he claims to have distributed items 'randomly' which he can't have done, and because not one of the many who would have received drops has come forward. If it was really that much trouble to him and that was his excuse, you seem to have forgotten the several people who offered to deal with the loot.

Choclates and flowers? Don't patronise me you male chauvinist arse, you ain't got the nous for it. :) I get worked up alright when eejits who should know better gum up the works. Now off you go and blast one out. Get rid of a little of that testosterone driven pseudo-macho aggression.

Call me back when you're well enough

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Starwind said:

That is one of the most stupidest, uneducated and 'not reading the topic title ' type of posts I have ever read...

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely

Bugz said:
That is one of the most stupidest, uneducated and 'not reading the topic title ' type of posts I have ever read...

He he. you been reading my mind? :fluffle:

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Oo

All this fuss over some pixels in a game?

People need to grow the f*ck up tbh.

:eek7:

(PS - The ML rush was clearly defined as a "screw the loot - lets get the ML's done" type affair. If someone then took over and said "i will also screw the loot"... or even... "I will give the loot to whoever i decide i want to give it to"... then tough sh*t... you dont HAVE to go on the raid with them.)

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Fuss Schmuss

Urgat said:
All this fuss over some pixels in a game?

People need to grow the f*ck up tbh.

So why you playing silly computer games instead of getting on with life? Could it be because you like it - and so like to do it properly in what passes for your leisure time?

Tired old argument as meaningless as it always was.

You might tolerate arses, but don't lay that one on me

Urgat

Part of the furniture
mercury said:
So why you playing silly computer games instead of getting on with life? Could it be because you like it - and so like to do it properly in what passes for your leisure time?

Tired old argument as meaningless as it always was.

You might tolerate arses, but don't lay that one on me

Pardon?

Do you know anything about me or my personal life?

No you dont.

Your response has no relevance to my statement at all.

I enjoy my life fine thanks, i play computer games when i decide i would like a blast. SO wtf is "passes for my leasure time" supposed to mean.

if your going to try to be condesending, than at least do it properly please.

The fact that a whole bunch of people are getting wound up about some pixels in a game, when they could quite clearly say "well, lesson learned about that guy then" and choose to never play along side that person again. Clearly shows that they need to grow up. And get over the fact that this is a game.

You will note i dont give a shit about the loot situation... ill simply avoid the player in question in future.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Do you know anything about me or my personal life? No you dont.

I think telling people to grow the f*ck is being about as personal as you can get - so don't act all indignant when you get a reply in knid.

I enjoy my life fine thanks, i play computer games when i decide i would like a blast. SO wtf is "passes for my leasure time" supposed to mean.

...it's what passes for mine as well. No slur intended there.

if your going to try to be condesending, than at least do it properly please.

If you mean 'condescending' Tx for the advice. 'Grow tf up' ? Doesn't get more condescending that that. See point above.

You will note i dont give a shit about the loot situation... ill simply avoid the player in question in future

Good for you. Hope you know all his alts.

If you talk down to people don't be surprised when they get above themselves.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
tbh no offence,

but merc ure pushing this, u attack every1 who gives his opinion about this. Leave at what it is, we all know what happened and its DONE, all keep a mature head and stop this noncence.

Urgat sais:
(PS - The ML rush was clearly defined as a "screw the loot - lets get the ML's done" type affair. If someone then took over and said "i will also screw the loot"... or even... "I will give the loot to whoever i decide i want to give it to"... then tough sh*t... you dont HAVE to go on the raid with them.)

I agree urgat, but this is about the ml8+9 the day after what didnt belong to the ml rush.

vav

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
tbh no offence,

but merc ure pushing this, u attack every1 who gives his opinion about this. Leave at what it is, we all know what happened and its DONE, all keep a mature head and stop this noncence.

I dont attack until provoked - by a suggestion, for instance to grow the f*ck up.

Attack every1? Why should I attack those who agree with my point of view? If you say that things are finished when they're done, you're being purposely provocative. Tell that to any thief and they'll agree with you. Not me.

I don't think my arguments are immature - your mileage may differ, that's your perogative - do me the courtesy of allowing me mine. I have to wonder why you picked on me for your arrogant remarks. I'm not alone in this.

And if you think matters of principle are nonsense, as I said elsewhere, just don't click the thread sweetie.

An anus only becomes an arse when it gets too far up itself

Urgat

Part of the furniture
mercury said:
I think telling people to grow the f*ck is being about as personal as you can get - so don't act all indignant when you get a reply in knid.

...it's what passes for mine as well. No slur intended there.

If you mean 'condescending' Tx for the advice. 'Grow tf up' ? Doesn't get more condescending that that. See point above.

Good for you. Hope you know all his alts.

If you talk down to people don't be surprised when they get above themselves.

This is exactly the purile behavior i am talking about.

Thanks for deconstructing my post so you can "address" each and every sentence therein. It's something your extremly fond of doing Mercury, having looked over your post history.

Your obviously a very intellegent person, and one can't help but think you enjoy demonstrating that intellegence by nitpicking the posts of those less gifted than you.

However...

con·de·scend·ing
adj.
Displaying a patronizingly superior attitude

Where did i once sugest i was superior to anyone?

I mearly stated that poeple need to grow up, and let it go. Whats done is done.

Conversley... Many of your replies to various posters on these forums consist of you demonstrating your superior intelect over others.

(I refer you to the sarcastic spelling correcting for "Condecending" you gave to me.... thanks for that... i generally dont do bad for someone with dyslexia... must have missed that one)

Ill not bother reading the rest of this thread... no doubt i will be submitted to yet another post deconstruction of d00m... so you can stroke your online ego along with your clique crew.

My origional statement still stands. Get over the loot situation, its a game.

Bye.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Urgat said:

Thanks for deconstructing my post so you can "address" each and every sentence therein. It's something your extremly fond of doing Mercury, having looked over your post history.

Your obviously a very intellegent person, and one can't help but think you enjoy demonstrating that intellegence by nitpicking the posts of those less gifted than you.

However...

Conversley... Many of your replies to various posters on these forums consist of you demonstrating your superior intelect over others.

(I refer you to the sarcastic spelling correcting for "Condecending" you gave to me.... thanks for that... i generally dont do bad for someone with dyslexia... must have missed that one)

Ill not bother reading the rest of this thread... no doubt i will be submitted to yet another post deconstruction of d00m... so you can stroke your online ego along with your clique crew.

Bye.

get over the fh situation , its a metagame :)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
dub said:

Stop trolling Fh and go buy a new computer :twak:

Gotta love Merc, give her some times and she will start blaiming Canada!!!

p.s. it's a joke don't atack me i'm a sensitive soul :p

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Deconstruct

I wouldn't say 'fond of' but I do it when it needs to be done. I don't believe in blanket condemnation. If you've read all my posts I take that as a compliment, almost as ego-stroking as the rep points guys will insist on giving me. If you make several different points, how could you expect anything else? Is this not the correct way to deal with it? I mean, I could just call you an arrogent twat and leave it at that, but I chose different. Live with it.

Your obviously a very intellegent person, and one can't help but think you enjoy demonstrating that intellegence by nitpicking the posts of those less gifted than you

Damn. Rumbled. I'd like it think it wasn't just the nits I picked tho.

If you suggest to someone 'grow up' it seems to me you're telling em to reach for a better state than the one they're in - and one you know all about. If that isn't saying you're superior to them I don't understand English. And whether you include superior or not, its still a patronizing attitude on the same lines as 'get a life' 'live with it' 'get over it' and so on.

Conversley... Many of your replies to various posters on these forums consist of you demonstrating your superior intelect over others

A mere side bonus. I can only put things the way I was taught, and it is not the object of the exercise at all. I don't enjoy putting people down until they've stuck their head above the parapet. Want me to appear thick so people will like me? Yeah, right.

Arrogance will not get you sympathy. Why should you expect me to repeat your errors? I don't complain about other people's spelling, mine ain't that hot, but I sure don't spell poorly on purpose.

Same point as above. If you want a coherent reply instead of a jumbled rag-bag, make one point at a time. That can't be dissected.

Clique crew - have I got one then? How come you're not flaming them as well? If it made sense grammatically I'd use it as a guild name.

And as for reading the rest of this thread, you will. Oh yes, you will.

I started this thread for a legit purpose, if you've read that far back. If you choose to join in with another agenda, expect to be criticised.

This place is a forum ferchrissake, its meant for argument, debate, quarrel, whine - whatever you like. It's not always a nice place to be, especially if you have an unpopular point of view. Anyway, next week Im back at school so you wont have to put up with my daily ramblings.

Now, could we get back to content rather than form and leave out my intellect and your lack of it ?

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Septima said:
Gotta love Merc, give her some times and she will start blaiming Canada!!!
p.s. it's a joke don't atack me i'm a sensitive soul :p

Nah, I blame Nate....Anyway Canadians have my deepest sympathy - look who they live next door to. :)

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Meta

dub said:

Lol. Best comment in ages, bar none.

Some take this seriously, others think its just a game - then they wake up

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
This is the problem with you Merc, as soon as no one joins your witch hunt, they are bastards and wankers aswell, thinking they are having a personel attack on you.

I use to think like this too when i was your age, i dont remember getting that bitter tho.

Now go and do somthing constructive and wish Bluesky a happy Birthday in your own little way, you misrable cow. :D

Oh and for the record, i still tolerate you Merc after all your forum jive, im too old to hold silly childish grudges.

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
She is correct in what she says, and I am quite positive if you read it through you will mostly agree even if you don't like to admit it because of some odd reason. Don't just read the first sentence, but actually read what she has written. Merc is not telling anyone what they should think, she is not forcing "her ways" upon anyone - she is merely expressing how she thinks it should be... and who doesn't want an honest raid leader, that does not steal loot (not directed at sedde, just in general), etc... Don't think anyone here would like the, simply put, hell some people have wished for in this thread. Saying that it is the BG-leaders' privilege to make up the rules - is true, can not deny that. However, if all the BG-leaders made up rules that would benefit them, and only them - people would still go on the raid to get the ML-credit... but what sense of community would it be? Playing an online game with thousands of people (okay it is DAoC... 100's) and you put yourself into the front by leading a raid with no intent to aid the community? That is nothing but greed. Nothing. In the end the spirit of the community will dispel.

Last but not least, attacking Merc for posting one of the few threads on this board that is not infected by utter bulls*it from the beginning, is clever - clever I tell you. The community spirit has been dead for a long time, and it is people that think there is no community, but only yourself - that made it that way. It is all the people that say "look at him/her, he/she is roleplaying, what a noob get a life!" etc that are the cause of this. You are playing a MMORPG, this is a roleplaying game, this is ment to have a community.

May be a bit offtopic... but still feel it is relevant.

Salutes to Merc.

Ovron

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Starwind said:
This is the problem with you Merc, as soon as no one joins your witch hunt, they are bastards and wankers aswell, thinking they are having a personel attack on you.

This is a joke, right? I make a thread about leading raids and you chip in with dissing my game plans, houses, trophies etc and I'm supposed to not think the obvious? Where's the witch hunt no-one has joined in? Tell me, cos I don't see one. I may or may not have called people those names you said, but if I call em that it's not for attacking me - it's because they are.

I use to think like this too when i was your age, i dont remember getting that bitter tho.

Lol. The only bitter you know comes in pints.

Now go and do somthing constructive and wish Bluesky a happy Birthday in your own little way, you misrable cow. :D

I did that as he got out of bed.

Oh and for the record, i still tolerate you Merc after all your forum jive, im too old to hold silly childish grudges

That's nice. Makes me feel all warm amd wanted. The other bit is nearly right - you're just too old full stop.
:kissit:

Love train Choo Choo!? The rest of us went electric a long time ago

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Merc i dont see a Birthday Reply in that thread, make your feelings in public to Bluesky, if you cared for him as much as you say you do then you would give him a birthday reply. Show this community how caring you can be.

No more yelling Merc just get on with it.

I tell ya , i have to sort her out everytime, she is out of control.

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie

She is control:england: :flame: :drink:

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Control Freak

Starwind said:
Merc i dont see a Birthday Reply in that thread, make your feelings in public to Bluesky, if you cared for him as much as you say you do then you would give him a birthday reply. Show this community how caring you can be.

No more yelling Merc just get on with it.

You sodding wind-up merchant... :) :fluffle:

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Who needs Cable when you can get entertainment like this for free :p

/em goes off to get some popcorn

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Erulin said:
Who needs Cable when you can get entertainment like this for free :p

/em goes off to get some popcorn

indeed ! hahahah

Punj

Fledgling Freddie
Urgat said:

However...

Bye.

in your own type of words............

all this fuss over a thread on a forum, u need to grow the f*ck up tbh

how does that feel?:wanker:

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
OK I'm a total Mid noob but I thought I'd chip in...

If someone is willing to go through the sh*t of leading a raid which gets me the BG steps I need then they can keep all the loot if they want afaic. I know I would never have the patience to lead that kind of raid myself so I'm just grateful that they're willing to do it. If they're willing to have the additional patience to lotto the loot afterwards then that's just icing on the cake for me.

One of the raid leaders criticized in this thread for greed recently helped me get some group steps... There was absolutely no reason for them to do so... They don't know me personally... I'm just some noob Hib they killed once or twice in a BG. I didn't even notice the Immo Ring drop & afaic they could have kept it anyway as their just reward for helping me, but no, they insisted I needed it more than they did.

If that's greed I need to recheck my definition of the word.
:p

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Punj said:
in your own type of words............

all this fuss over a thread on a forum, u need to grow the f*ck up tbh

how does that feel?:wanker:

What kind of clay pit reply is that?

Did you just reach out for that comment?

Here, i have plenty of comments like that, here is one:

I think Punj is silly and smells of poo, and he/she cant tie his/her own shoe laces. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom