Raid Leaders

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Advice (for what its worth)

A few ideas about loot that have helped me stick it to any jackass.

We had a rather unfortunate problem today. A raid leader left himself open to all sorts of accusations because he cba to collect and lotto the loot. :(

IMO (and it seems alot of others) it is NOT enough to say 'I distributed drops randomly' especially if you have Guildies with you. I know he stepped in at the last minute and wasn't really familiar with what's expected, but I reckon he wishes he'd never bothered - which is unfortunate as we need new blood, now older leaders have dropped off the end of the pier.

He had plenty of offers from players who would have done the loot job for him, which he chose to turn down or ignore. Not a very clever course of action unless you want to appear to be a crook. I had several PMs from guys asking me wtf I was doing letting him in my ML10 BG later in the afternoon, and when I kicked him for not answering my questions, alot more PMs from his Guildies saying wtf was I doing kickng him. You're damned if you do, and damned if you dont. I let him back in anyway. Innocent until proven guilty - no matter how iffy it looks.

It's no good being dismissive about loot either - most people aren't. No good calling them loot <insulting name> either - trading and making ps is a part of the game. On my second ML10 raid today one guy went ld around lotto time and got really up-tight with me because I hadn't noticed he had disappeared from where he was standing (in a BG of 20+) and continued to lotto items. :eek7:
I offered to swap a set of studded astral leggings I won earlier for a future claim from one of his raids and he tried to get all high and mighty. Bloody moral boy racers, arghhh. He thought I was going to give him 6p worth or armour, because his ld 'was my problem, as I was BG leader'. Yeah, right.

A BG leader (or a designated deputy) should ALWAYS do the following :

/bg treasurer <name> -p or -e
/bg loot treasurer
/bg lootlevel 35
(and repeat if gone ld)

This means ONE person gets all the loot worth having (including scrolls) so he'll need plenty of inventory space. Mobs drops should be checked and any 'lost' should be collected. All loot to be picked up. Lotto when raid leader decides, and also method to be used. These should be stated clearly in the first post of the thread. Pre-claim if you must but its nun up a chimney gear - a dirty habit. You can go blind - or is it deaf? :p

Delve decent loot before random rolling and start with the best items.

Do this and any whines you get, you can stamp on firmly. You can't legislate tho, for dumbos who think a lotto is a relaxed affair with time to enjoy the scenery. It aint - you get n PMs per minute, where n can be, er alot.

Greenhouses are worse than kitchens for intolerable heat - everyone can see you clearly, and you got to watch out for the stones.

...Strike 2 and the Babe still looks unshaken...

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, and no.

Bg leaders do what they want, its their bg. Aint it? Its up to th eppl if they agree or not agree with the stated rules of the bg leader. If they mind them, dont show up. Easy and simple.
Also its not a good post, u cant speak for whole the community what they like and what they dont like, let every person decide for themselves if they agree with the stated rules or not, no1 has the right to tell a bg leader what his rules need to be, cuase its his time he spent to lead a group of ppl consisting of troublemakers, whiners, afkers, and descent ppl who do what the leader asks.

About what u say about claiming items, Excalibur RL always claimed an item, Also after clustering i myself started implementing that rule. Ppl kept coming with the 100's. So ppl kinda didnt bothered with it, in the end they just want their ML's. Loot is and always will be overrated on a ml raid.

Tho what i heard the bg leader from today didnt follow his own rules, thats just shame for the ppl who attended, but nothing u can do about it. Just dont join his next raid.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
Also its not a good post, u cant speak for whole the community
Nor can anybody and I wasn't trying to. But I have a little knowledge of what people expect on raids in general. I don't claim to be a 'professional' tho, and I do not consider myself the world's best BG leader. I do feel that people think my raids are more fun than some...

So who are you to say what's a good post and what isn't? It's clear from your comments you either haven't read it properly, or you failed to understand my point. In any case, I was involved in the issue without wanting to be, and you were not around.

Check the word 'advice' (the title of my thread) in a good dictionary - then take it, leave it or stuff it where you've stored the dozens of items you've creamed off BGs in your time. Its still a nasty habit whether you admit to it or not, and I blame you almost entirely for introducing it to Prydwen.
But that's another story...

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
??

... there is no intentional mockery of you by me in that post. I'm much better at it than that.

You fouled up, whether you meant to or not, whether you like it or not, by dissing some of the usual practices people expect. If I'd been contemptuous or suspicious of you, you would never have been re-invited to my ML10 BG this afternoon. I only kicked you in the first place because I got no responses to threee questions I asked you.
Though, in fact, I wonder exactly how you 'randomly' distributed anything. If you knew what the word meant, you'd know that in that situation, 'random' is an impossible idea.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Very good post and for what it's worth I thought i'd add how I see the idea of tackling loot:

a) Lotto at the end of the raid with a bg treasurer selected.

b) Have no bg treasurer set and instead allow the groups that do the most damage to prevail.

As for claiming loot. It's fine in my opinion. Running raids is very hard and often, after 2-3 in a row, I am left with a pounding headache and very tired. One or two items helps to make that seem fair.

Least it's not as greedy as me preclaiming all of 8.10's and 9.10's loot - now that is wrong! :D

Guindor

Fledgling Freddie
Like vavires said.. its his raid he can do whatever he wants.. tho he must make clear from the begging what is going to do with the lotto... like will be 1 roll and highest picks or delve and lotto for each item etc etc OR i will snatch them at the end and every1 that was on the raid can qqmore..
Further on i dont think that there is anything u can do now about the loots etc etc .. just be aware of the raid leader ....

Chr Thornhoj

Fledgling Freddie
I think its a good post merc, and i mostly agree with it.

This is also true imo:
Like vavires said.. its his raid he can do whatever he wants.. tho he must make clear from the begging what is going to do with the lotto...
cause if clearly stated in the post, ppl can choose not to come.

I dont like the preclaims, but i also understand that some raids take some planing/studying, and can be hard to lead. So depending on what raid it is, it's mostly accepteble imo. Here i wanna mention something i really respect about vav's preclaim..... It is if he needs.......Last i was on his ML raid he claimed nothing, and didnt even take part in the random

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Chr Thornhoj said:
I think its a good post merc, and i mostly agree with it.

This is also true imo:

cause if clearly stated in the post, ppl can choose not to come.

I dont like the preclaims, but i also understand that some raids take some planing/studying, and can be hard to lead. So depending on what raid it is, it's mostly accepteble imo. Here i wanna mention something i really respect about vav's preclaim..... It is if he needs.......Last i was on his ML raid he claimed nothing, and didnt even take part in the random

i did said from the beggining that there wont be any looting, and i asked several times that anyone who is unhappy may leave immidiately. i was all sloppy raiding around and i wasnt in the mood for looting. therefore people accused me of stealing loot which i didnt, other told me that i gave non-valuable loot, like 500g-1p, tho 1 spent nearly 3plats to make this raid happen. On my future raids, if there will be any, i will set another dude as treasurer and he can make the damn lotto.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
vavires said:
That u need to explain to me.

buying 4 control crystals, buy the ml8.10 crystal, buy arms/torso/legs etc. do the math ?

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
sedde said:
buying 4 control crystals, buy the ml8.10 crystal, buy arms/torso/legs etc. do the math ?

u should have asked around, and if ya did, call the guy an idiot.

EITHER buy the 8.10 crystal... or buy parts u dont need the both. But since last patch the crystal is what ya need to get a faster raid.
The control crystals that u need for ml9 drops like 10 times or more by the time u reach the step.

Somebody clearly informed u badly.

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
The other night when vav stopped after ml7, which is understandable we carried on with 8+9 ofc we didnt finish 9 but i had 3 control crystals on my bot after the first 3 ml9 mobs were killed.

Starbursts

Fledgling Freddie
sedde said:

Omg m8 no need to lie about i give u 4 control crystals so u didnt pay 3p so carry on lieing and carry on stealing loot

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
vavires said:
u should have asked around, and if ya did, call the guy an idiot.

EITHER buy the 8.10 crystal... or buy parts u dont need the both. But since last patch the crystal is what ya need to get a faster raid.
The control crystals that u need for ml9 drops like 10 times or more by the time u reach the step.

Somebody clearly informed u badly.

i asked shivhae, i even asked for your msn and she told me that she couldnt hand it over to me. Noone informed me badly, i just made notes from Visionofsages + Daokwikki. So i just bought whatever i had to , i couldnt ask someone by that time to know whats wright and whats not. As for the crystals i had to be sure i had them on me, since i didnt even know they would drop.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Starbursts said:
Omg m8 no need to lie about i give u 4 control crystals so u didnt pay 3p so carry on lieing and carry on stealing loot

you gave me true, but the last-night raid i heard that was whiped on that step so i thought that if i took them from you i would have extra crystals if we messed up on that enc etc.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Sad Act

sedde said:
On my future raids, .........

That HAS to be the funniest statement of the year. Future raids? What you gonna do em with - a coupla guildies or guys that can't read FH? No-one with any sense will come near you - unless it's the guy you landed the ML8 and ML9 trophies on. Or, of couse, fellow-crooks....
:touch:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
sedde said:
i asked shivhae, i even asked for your msn and she told me that she couldnt hand it over to me. Noone informed me badly, i just made notes from Visionofsages + Daokwikki. So i just bought whatever i had to , i couldnt ask someone by that time to know whats wright and whats not.

Golena said:
If you want help let me know.. I'll only be able to stay for 2.5 hours but i'm available if needed.

Anyone else smell something funny here? You tried to contact several people, then went and made notes from online sites but didn't think about asking the person that actually volunteered to help?

I'd have been more than happy to tell you exactly what to buy.. i.e. the 400g crystal for Talos which is the only thing required for that raid. Sorry i've seen this just one too many times. Are you any relation of someone on Alb called Jarvio by any chance because he scammed loot many many times and behaved in an identical way to the way your acting now.

Personally i'd advise people just to let it go tho.. he's obviously going to keep the expensive drops, nothing you can do about it except shun him in future. The fact you didn't give away any expensive stuff is sort of proved by the lack of people that have flooded here saying, actually I was the person that got given one of the five 9.10 legs, or the trophy.. I'm sure at least 1 of the randoms that received them reads FH (assuming you actually gave them out).

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Hooked

Hey fellahs, can you not recognise the wriggling of a worm on the hook?

Until people come forward who are not in his Guild and can say - look I got the Phoenix Remains, or the Talos or whatever - then its all flim-flam. He contradicts himself at every step, and even credits himself with the impossible - ie. distributing loot items 'randomly'. His sensitivity when guys ask him about his items tells its own story.

And just in case there may be any misunderstanding : its NOT about some old salvage (ever tried to buy Phoenix remains?); it's NOT about missing out anything in particular (personally there's nothing I need for example - though others may have a different slant); it's about what this guy did/didn't do to other people's expectations. Whatever you or I might say there are plenty of players who do not ignore nice drops - they see MLs as a way to improve, and fair distribution of loot is a welcome bonus to that end. In effect he said f*ck that and if you don't like my cba attitude, butt out.

Sorry to be pompous but principles matter, and unprincipled players are a wart on the face of Camelot. I hope this thread runs and runs, with the added hope that it might just discourage others from behaving like a nob, stepping into some else's shoes or not.

:(

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
Well as much as I would love to see this kinda behaviour die out, I do think we will allways have these players with a clear nonfrindly attitude and with clear sociopathic traits, what matters in the end is that we "normal" players dont start ignoring it, if we close our eyes towards this problem we quietly accept it.
And when we see this behaviour I for one think its ur duty as players to bring it to the communitys attention, and in the end hope these ppl will be banned from evrything and all except maybe something their guild has planned, or with ppl that are their peers... I dont believe in throwing poo around as it seems u only get as much on your own hands as the one ure throwing it at, ofc I understand the feelings in feeling ripped and cheated. :)

But i would like to see if we all, raidleaders and fellow players, can agree on a policy on how to deal with these players that ruin the game for everyone. :)

Just my 2 cents. :cheers:

Gnor

Fledgling Freddie
PATHETIC!!! ... its slavage and house pretties that no one will ever see . If there`s a certain item you want you dont wait for a ML raid lotto to try get it .. you make a group and go farm it IMHO :)

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
aye i did recieve the ml8 remains but not from sedde i got my ones from the raid that was carried on after the ml7 that you ran vav, mine dropped into my bp vav power ftw :) the raid everyone seems to be on about is the 8+9 that sedde took over on the sunday instead.

Edit

Oi Kammie nooo :) get back in ur corner :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Future raids? What you gonna do em with - a coupla guildies or guys that can't read FH? No-one with any sense will come near you - unless it's the guy you landed the ML8 and ML9 trophies on. Or, of couse, fellow-crooks....

tbh if he made a sticky now saying mlX (replace X with random number between 1 and 9) BG raid on XXXX date at XXXXX location. If he announced with more than a weeks notice he would prolly get between 30 and 60 people at least show up.

peeps aint fussy. They put up with me leading raids and half those people I had prolly called something nasty at some point from my hib days.

Draypor

Fledgling Freddie
tbh accusing this guy of being a crook is pointless.
imo the bg leader makes his rules, if you dont like em then leave it.
if he states from the start its random loot or whatever then i dont think people can really complain.

the primary obective of the raid was to complete ml9 or whatever... judging by what ive read he did this. loot is secondary.
if loot is all you want then set a farm group or wait for a raid were you know there will be a lotto

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom