Radeon 6xxx

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not so great on Ray tracing
Yeah, but i seen an article that said true ray tracing at acceptable speeds is probably a couple of generations of tech away. And rt doesnt really give me a boner anyway.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Although the next great thing we were told was Ray Tracing, it seems they are still quite far behind on that for some reason. (Should really refresh before posting)

Also as expect there are rumours of the Ti versions already.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think this is still all up in the air. Nvidia might be able to pull off the same memory trick and AMD are working on the same improved sampling.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I am getting more and more tempted by the amd cards. If they have stock rather than the shambles nvidia launch was i might spin the dice on the 6800xt. Even outside of rage mode theres only ever a few frames difference to the 3080 and the power use is much less

They don't have stocks - they are going for 2K+ on ebay and no stock anywhere I have found

Forced to pull the pin on a new build and using AMD for the first time after my one from Dubai got trashed in shipping.. Black Friday pre-sales were tempting enough and my main PC was in need of a refresh anyway. Nice to get it done on the insurance :) As the main rig (RIP) was a twin NVidia Graphx 8800 card build and used 70% for work and only 30% for gaming. I'm going for:

Corsair Graphite 780t Full Tower Atx Pc Case (white)
MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI AM4 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X AM4 CPU/ Processor with Wraith Prism RGB Cooler
Seagate 500GB FireCuda 520 Performance Internal SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe
Qty 2 - MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT MECH OC 8GB Graphics Card
PSU - XPG CORE REACTOR 850 (first time not using Corsair in 10+ years)
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3200 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Kit

Figured I can upgrade the Graphics Cards later once things settle down - the above with a few cables added is ~1900 GBP

Arriving tomorrow from ebuyer so will have fun over the weekend putting it together.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Should clarify you can get the cards (6800Xt) as part of built PC's but could not find Qty 2 cards anywhere in stock at the RRP.

Embattle

FH is my second home
OcUK don't have any of the two they sell in stock, they are listed at £679.99.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
OcUK don't have any of the two they sell in stock, they are listed at £679.99.
Looked at those earlier and when you try to buy it gave mid Dec delivery date. 😀

I was being pushed to get an order in for the insurance and had to show it being paid. Also have no issue updating in a few months as these are essentially freebies.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Looked at those earlier and when you try to buy it gave mid Dec delivery date. 😀

I was being pushed to get an order in for the insurance and had to show it being paid. Also have no issue updating in a few months as these are essentially freebies.
Seems that mid december is when the cards are bound for uk shores. Dont think anyone is selling amd cards before then. I will get a card in the new year. Jury is still out on which now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nvidia quite clearly had no stock but rushed their launch because they knew they were being dicked on.

As a buyer, wait until jan/feb, no rush, pick the best bang for the quid, which as it stands is AMD, by quite a margin.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Seems the supply of 6800 series is just as weak as nVidia's 3000 series.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Probably not as tuned as DLSS 2.0 (for games that specifically support it) but open source and being made available for Nvidia GPUs as well (even non-RTX ones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom