Ra,ml and item timers. :)

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
I know fg's done this always and partly it came from the old porting system but past 4 months been playing my stealthers more again and noticed especially the higher rr enemies disapear after every fight and reappear with all ra's, charges and ml's up. Are people really that afraid losing their precious reputation or is this the so called skills everyone talking about? I wouldnt bother sitting 10 mins in the bottom of some river everytime I had a fight but then again with everything I seen people do in this game past 4 years wouldnt suprice me people do everything to get their rp's. Today met an ns that used SL to find me then purge to get clear of the slam when I was around 10% after his stun and next time I saw spam from him was around 13 mins after my releasing when I checked from clock when he got zerged pretty badly. Hardly what I call quality playing time if someone spends 15 mins after every fight sitting somewhere. Then again like crafting you can watch videos or read a book...

So question is is there anyone from the "higher" rr people that dont sit out timers these days or am I just wasting time trying to find one? :D

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Would never do so :p If you need the RA's each fight, then better consider playing another class.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I need all my ra's on my friar to be able to kill anything other than a ranger.

But I still go out and fight even though I know I'm not able to win.

Matt

Fledgling Freddie
Alyssania said:
So question is is there anyone from the "higher" rr people that dont sit out timers these days or am I just wasting time trying to find one? :D

You will find several peeps that will indeed wait for timers (or at least stay quiet for the next 10-15 minutes after using some crucial abilities), but there is also a fair share of guys that will go out with most tools down. Even when they know it will considerably decrease their chance of winning the next fight.

D

Doom

alot of people tends to only go out when their abilities are up (the 15 min ones), such as skalds, sorcs, ministrels etc

not that i mind, its hard but fun to kill a moc/soi/ml9 sorc, or battler/warguard/ip ministrel

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
At least once a night I press SoI while casting my normal shields (one of these days I'll make my cabalist and Sorc have the shields in the same QB slots!), so I certainly don't sit around and wait for it to come back.

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Play a paly
then your ra's and ml's are either up or a waiste of time :p

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
well, im not higher RR, not even middle RR
But it's damn hard as a hybrid ranger to do anything much with your timers down.

No camo means I can't sneak up on assassins and try a critshot from stealth
(10 min timer)
Tanks with shields are a no go, as are most casters.
Straight forward melee most melee classes just beat my arse if I can't purge their poisions/slams etc.
From time to time I have attacked higher RR assassins with none of my RA's up and much to my delight won, but only when I got very very very lucky with evades and weapon procs.

From my POV some classes are good to go almost 90% of the time, and if their opponent dosnt have purge they really dont have to burn any RA's themselves, I'm thinking of slam/levi, slam/ani, good assassins that weapon swap, casters with pets that have stuns, snares and ofc warlocks :p

Other classes, like my own, don't really have any abilities in their basic specced abilities that give their opponents much trouble.

My bow is easily countered, and despite what VN whiners say, ranger melee damage isnt all that uber, assassins and light tanks will hit harder, the only thing that saves me is arti timers and RAs such as IP.

The problem is with so many arti timers and active RA's, if you get into a fight without them, you'll end up like that wannabe killer from the untouchables film that tries to kill sean canary.

"Isn't that just like a wop? Brings a knife to a gun fight. "

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
go passive RAs :cheers:

I spend the few Realm skill points i have (35 now :p ) on some active RAs like purge and IP but spend rest on passive RAs , then with no active RAs up i still have some benefit from my RR.

And i never w8 in svasud for my timers to reach zero, but the only fights i win 1 on 1 with my thane is when at least have one 1 RA or item up

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
i normally get my stuff up between fights because its takes so long to get a decent fight that is worth using them in :) dont think i know anybody who sit an wait for them to come up.. that whould just be lame :(

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
i never sit and wait for timers, i do try to only use certain ones in certain fights, so right after a fight, once health is 100% i have another shot at a decent fight with my remaining timers. does suck sometimes when they're all down though, but even then, i'd be out trying to pick a fight.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
i call the spirit of warhead! ...... warhead answer me r u there? in the land of RA where u resting? waaaarhead answer meeee ^^

sry lady ur hasband is for ever in the land of RA resting.

illu

Part of the furniture
I think some people do wait on timers, and if they want to do that, fine. But I think it's a bit boring.

I'll look for fights more aggressively if I have timers up, and defensively when I have important ones down (mainly purge).

But most of the time, from an assassins PoV, I always have AF up and weapons pre-poisoned. (Haste on full time, and Resistance Buffs last up to 12 mins which is most fights in Midland and in iRvR. On boat rides, Resistances last maybe 5 mins. I think most stealthers have Resistance CL buffs now.)

If timer is up, I'll use SoM. When SoM timer is expired, I use Mad Scalars.

If I time it right, sometimes I can have Battler2 up as well (for Remedy Shades or hard b*stards or maybe tanks or adders), or Malice2.

Sometimes it is better to pop SL sacrificing Battler or Malice.

And if you are really unlucky, (this happens very rarely), you'll find me with AF+Resistances+SoM+PH and then pop Battler2/Malice2 in fight :eek7: (This has only happened about 2-3 times, and I think I still lost the fights :p)

But usually I save Phoebus for tanks or adding swines.

I know I am lucky to have all these tools, so I don't have to have "downtime", but sometimes - and this is the strange thing, being at your weakest, i.e. just buffed, resistances gone, no artis on, no AF charge, if you then get in a fight and use battler2, you seem to do a lot better?!
This has happened quite a few times where I have forgotten to re-apply AF or an arti, then I get jumped, I'll use battler or malice and win quite easily.

Strange game. It's all down to the RNG.

Oli - Illu

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Being a visible I don't get the option really unless I go lurk in the bottom of a puddle of water, and that's boring.

I might go sit out of the way to regen some hp (rather than run around at 40% hp) but I don't wait for timers.

If you're a stealther and have the choice of attacking a visible or not it's quite sensible to think "maybe I'll wait till abilityX is back up"

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i wait out timers accordingly to who i'm planning to fight. if i just had a duel with a reaver for example, id wait 15 mins for purge to pop but i would only go back to fight that target.

with my last template i also used to wait for remedy timer a lot, but with the new one i stopped doing that. not using remedy and having purge3 (since a short while ago) is good enough, sure i'll lose more but that doesn't really bother me :)

if i don't know what targets to expect i don't wait for timers at all.

and btw, i hope you're not odysseia?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Never do it's stupid, and you'll lose to someone with everything up sometimes, then kill em 5mins later with everything down, so go figure.

Also, started running my bot on an old pc now, but for a long long time was duel-logging and if you took a 2mins break or go afk for any small length of time on both accounts then the bot lds...so you were kinda glued to the pc for a session and doing that woulda been v boring (v boring anyhow).

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i always have somethink up (purge5mins.....twf10mins....rr510mins.....etc) but anyway even if i dont,i never sit and w8 for my ras:)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I played a timer-beast up till RR9, a ranger with Forceful Zephyr, Avoid Pain , Ignore Pain, Winged Helmet, Shades of Mist, Braggarts Bow, Purge, Battler and Im sure I forgot one or two.

While its great fun for a while, it gets boring, especially in NF where sometimes the action can be really fast. I made a Nightshade, got Purge3 at RR5 and never looked back. Literally all my stuff is on 5 mins-timer now, and I love it. CBA loosing to a shit reaver coz of slam levi levi or a scout slam critshot shot or a minstrel with instant-stun--> mezz bullshit etc.

It's alot of points 'wasted' if you got MoStealth3 and Purge3 as I have and u fight an assassin who doesnt stun but so be it. Price I pay for it, and I like it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom