Question to all GAME pre-orderers....

Lones555

Fledgling Freddie
I'm trying to confirm something about GAMEs pre-order and i'm hoping you can help. Anyone who ordered on the 26th of November (the official pre-order date) seems to have their beta CDs now, also those who ordered later then this but before they sold out, also have their CDs.

The people that do not have their CDs yet are those that pre-ordered before the 26th. Is this true? From my own experience it is, my first order was on the 23/11/04 (the GAME pre-order banner was there at this date), I have yet to receive my CD for that order.

I ordered 2 more CDs on the 26/11/04 for friends, I have received those. Another friend pre-ordered on the 25/11/04, he has yet to receive his CD. Is there anyone out there who ordered before the 26th who has their CD now? (online ordering only not going in store to collect).

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Your best bet is to fire off an e-mail in GAME's general direction, but i'm sure you've already done that. Gameplay are supposedly receiving their kits tomorrow and other stores have stated the 17th...this would suggest that blizzard are sending them out to retailers today, and chances are a new batch will be on the way to GAME.

Regardless i'm sure blizzard will announce in advance when the Final beta will start and only then should you worry if you haven't got your kit. Patience is a virtue.

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Ordered mine on the 26th and got it. Bit odd if the people that ordered before haven't got theirs yet.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I pre-ordered on the 22nd and have not received my beta key yet so I email them today and got this reply :

I apologise for the delay in the delivery of the Beta Key but we have been advised that due to the busy time of year RoyalMail are having difficulties in getting the post to everybodyas quickly as we would like.

My reply :

Sorry to bother you again, but does this mean you already shipped the pre-order kit and it is just stuck in the mail somewhere?

Their reply :

I can confirm that it has been dispatched and will be on its way to you.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i ordered mine the day that banner went up on game site, think it was 23rd or 24th and havent got mine yet :(

Hessian

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, highly bizarre. Ordered mine on the 22/11 and some pal's ordered their's 28th and received their's over a week ago. I received same email from Game Cs as Cryradix about it being shipped and royal mail being to blame. So hopefully any day now... ;)

Lones555

Fledgling Freddie
Hessian said:
Yep, highly bizarre. Ordered mine on the 22/11 and some pal's ordered their's 28th and received their's over a week ago. I received same email from Game Cs as Cryradix about it being shipped and royal mail being to blame. So hopefully any day now... ;)

I work for Royal Mail myself and the labels on the GAME pre-orders I received were dated 6/12/04 and I received them 13/12/04. Christmas is the busiest time of year but it doesn't take 7 days for an item to clear the system, so i'm not sure if the labels are incorrect or whether they are sent using a low priority (1st class over Xmas may take a day longer then normal, second class may take 2-3 days longer) system i'm not aware of.

Course it's common practice these days to blame Royal Mail for everything....

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
i just cancelled my preorder and went into an actual game and got it, was fed up waiting

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
I pre-orderd two from game.net on 24/11. One for me and one for my flatmate, I recieved my beta keys some time last week (can't remember exactly when) so that blows your theory out of the water. :p

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I ordered mine 26th November still no sign and countless emails saying that it was being sent :/

Delania

Loyal Freddie
Ordered on the 23/11 when banner went up, so far no CD.

When I track the order I get this
Your order has been received and is currently awaiting authorisation or release

It does seem to be, last ordered 1st send out. I know people who ordered days later and have had their disk for over a week now.

Lucky I am already in CB and the OB CD is for someone else.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
the Game store in blackburn is charging £3 for a beta CD key apparantly no pre-order required, seems to be illegal to me, i doubt blizzard would approve

Release

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't even have to pay for my WoW CD (got it from GAME in Luton), they just took my name and number and handed the CD... not that I'm complaining or anything :p

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
the Game store in blackburn is charging £3 for a beta CD key apparantly no pre-order required, seems to be illegal to me, i doubt blizzard would approve

the £3 is just your deposit. you keep your receipt and then get £3 off the purchase when it comes out.
edit: But i havent got my key yet ;<

Aldias

Fledgling Freddie
My order was made on 24/11 and i received it on 06/12 midday.

I think it doesnt matter when u made the order as soon as is b4 their announce that sold out. I think they deliver the pacakges in alphabeticaly order. Tho... i dunno if they pick ur first or last name.

Scrote

Fledgling Freddie
I ordered mine on the 23rd November, still not got it.
I emailed GAME this morning and go this reply back pretty sharpish...

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

We have sent the last of our Beta Kits out yesterday. If you have not
received this by Monday 20th December please contact us on 0870 750
and we will be able to send you a replacement.

If you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact
me.

Thank you for contacting Games Stores Group LTD.

Regards,

Marie Stacey
Customer Service Assistant
GAME Stores Group Ltd
"

So now you know.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Not got mine yet - can't remember exactly when I ordered it - Ill send em another email tonight.

Doesn't make any difference though in view of the latest Beta news.

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Order placed 23rd of november, still haven't recieved my pack either :/

Aparently, yes, they were sent second class postage

'I can confirm that the last of the Beta Keys were issued at the end of this week. They have been sent second class delivery and should therefore reach you by the first half on the next week.' (this was a reply i recieved on the 10th of december)

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Aldias said:

I think it doesnt matter when u made the order as soon as is b4 their announce that sold out. I think they deliver the pacakges in alphabeticaly order. Tho... i dunno if they pick ur first or last name.

But my names Aaaaaa Aaaaaaa and i havent got mine yet :(

Lones555

Fledgling Freddie
Aldias said:

Nope, cos I have half of my order already, just the one I ordered on the 23rd hasnt arrived yet.

Nirawen

Fledgling Freddie
Walked past Game in town so i picked one up, took my name but didnt ask for a deposit :)

Hope i like it cos i cant cancel my game order :p

souldrinker

Fledgling Freddie
i preordered from a game shop and they said u can stop the preorder if u bring the pre-order box back

Nirawen

Fledgling Freddie
souldrinker said:
i preordered from a game shop and they said u can stop the preorder if u bring the pre-order box back

Yeah i ordered it online first but i cant cancel that order, I doubt ill dis-like it though so its all good ;)

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
update:

Just recieved my pack this-morning :)

(woot at the soundtrack :clap: )

Scrote

Fledgling Freddie
Still hadn't got mine by this morning, so I called the number as mentioned in my previous post this thread.
I was told that they would send out another copy for me. When I asked how they could do this since their website was telling people they were out of stock, I was informed that they had a pool allocated to them just for this issue.
Nice. Now I;ll see if I get it before the end of the week, doubtful, but maybe I will.

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
That pool of them is prolly the one that i ordered that hasn't arrived yet!! :p They nick random peopls ones and make them ring up to get them!!

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
I went into my local Game to buy a beta key for a friend in the Netherlands, they had 5 left and said they weren't very popular at all :(

Oo well, at least I know if mine doesn't arrive by post in time I can just go get another!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom