Legion Pre-event collectibles

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If you're horde there's a vendor just on the road towards the boat that takes you to the broken shore (Ravika I think her name is), she sells toys that you could only obtain during patch 5.3 (You can only do this BEFORE going to the broken shore)

Alliance can get a transmog item from the broken shore itself (you can't get it once you've already done the Broken Shore - you can if you have multiple characters naturally), just before you cross the chasm to the last Gul'dan part of the instance there's an Altar with some crusaders ashes, interact with the crusaders ashes to obtain a locket - take the locket to Eastvale Logging Camp to Alaina (I think her name is) give her the locket then leave the building and fly some distance away then come back, she should be gone and there will be a box in her bedroom you can loot for the transmog item.

Alaina's Bonnet.png
That's the item you will get - Alaina's Bonnet

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If you mean the one from Dread Infiltrators, it's not a pet it's a toy.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
you can level like crazy on alts especially if you have xp gear and a 300% pot

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
you can level like crazy on alts especially if you have xp gear and a 300% pot

indeed, be even better next week too as invasions become every 1 hour rather than every 4 hours.

Syri

FH is my second home
That exp is really nice... I'm impressed with the dynamic levelling as well, I went in with a level 25 and it was just like fighting things at my level, even though everyone around was level 100 and fighting it just the same...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That exp is really nice... I'm impressed with the dynamic levelling as well, I went in with a level 25 and it was just like fighting things at my level, even though everyone around was level 100 and fighting it just the same...

yea, it's the new tech they added for Legion. It will also allow low level people to group with max level people and still help.

Yoni

Sadly the xp was nerfed severely last night..... A hot fix was applied today which gave more so from mobs but if they are tagged the so is in hundreds rather than the 7 or 8 k average. Additionally there are griefers tagging mobs to fuck the levellers over on top of increased ganking.... So with 3 lowbies who could easily do 2 invasions every 4 hours.... I can't do the three invasions on all with the traveling involved. Before the nerf mobs gave lowbies great xp if solo and you could as no one cared about them due to the stage xp. The scenario now is yay a month b no one is touching and then either you get ganked so a horde can do it OR the mob gets tagged and xp is horribly reduced ;(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If you play on a PvP server then getting ganked is part of that experience. There is absolutely no way you can be ganked on a PvE server unless you flag yourself for PvP (which is pretty daft at a low level)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't see the point in PvP servers anymore, world PvP hasn't been a thing since like..... Vanilla/TBC.

Syri

FH is my second home
The overall exp per invasion was lowered, but the invasions are every 2 hours now, and 3 per round rather than 2, so overall, if you can do all of them, you get more exp than before. It does rely on being able to get to them all though, which is sometimes not possible on lower level characters. Once you hit 60 it's not so bad as you can fly around, which makes it a bit easier.
As for the PvP flagging, the main annoyance I have with it is that PvP flagged players are included in tab targeting, which is rather annoying. I did have one instance on my level 20 druid though where I tabbed to a horde player, and it actually flagged me for PvP, rather than say that target requires you to be PvP flagged, as it normally does... So I have no idea why that happened. Possible there's a bug in the system somewhere...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The overall exp per invasion was lowered, but the invasions are every 2 hours now, and 3 per round rather than 2, so overall, if you can do all of them, you get more exp than before. It does rely on being able to get to them all though, which is sometimes not possible on lower level characters. Once you hit 60 it's not so bad as you can fly around, which makes it a bit easier.
As for the PvP flagging, the main annoyance I have with it is that PvP flagged players are included in tab targeting, which is rather annoying. I did have one instance on my level 20 druid though where I tabbed to a horde player, and it actually flagged me for PvP, rather than say that target requires you to be PvP flagged, as it normally does... So I have no idea why that happened. Possible there's a bug in the system somewhere...

They've actually boosted the Invasions again, this was posted AFTER the xp nerf post.

"Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We agree that our initial change made Invasions too unrewarding for characters who weren’t at max level, so we’ve just applied a hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them.

You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now."

It implies kill XP rather than stage reward XP though so tag everything in sight.

Yoni

They've actually boosted the Invasions again, this was posted AFTER the xp nerf post.

"Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We agree that our initial change made Invasions too unrewarding for characters who weren’t at max level, so we’ve just applied a hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them.

You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now."

It implies kill XP rather than stage reward XP though so tag everything in sight.
It is bullshit.... Yes mobs have higher xp but ONLY if you solo them. As for pvp being part of the experience... For this event where we ar supposed to be working together, so I disagree completely it is a massive issue as people just wait in the sky afk meaning events take longer....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It is bullshit.... Yes mobs have higher xp but ONLY if you solo them. As for pvp being part of the experience... For this event where we ar supposed to be working together, so I disagree completely it is a massive issue as people just wait in the sky afk meaning events take longer....

"Thanks for all of the reports on issues with the amount of XP being rewarded.

We were able to investigate and identify that there were indeed a couple bugs with the way XP rewards were being handed out. We’re working on a hotfix that will correct the following issues:

• Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received when more than 6 players were attacking it.
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received from creatures that scale with the number of attackers.

Once these fixes are live, please let us know how things feel. Again, our intention is for Demon Invasions to feel lucrative as long as players are actively participating in the event, and we believe that, once the correct amount of XP is being rewarded for killing creatures, that will once again be the case.

So.... if a level 100 taps an elite, do I still get screwed?
The intention would be no, once this is live.

When are these going live? so we know exactly when we're supposed to give our feedback about it
I don't have a time frame to provide right now, but I will try to provide an update once the hotfix is in - but since it is still being worked on, this could likely be tomorrow."

Syri

FH is my second home
Well, exp is fixed, and the invasion events are up in all 6 locations at once now, with a reset every 2 hours. I'm going to be doing a few tours on some alts, and letting the exp flow in.

Yoni

I've raised all my char bar 2 to 100 now, one of which I started last weekend...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've raised all my char bar 2 to 100 now, one of which I started last weekend...

Yup, it's nuts. Ran out of character slots myself, everything is at 100.. the XP rate is mental.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Might have to level a couple then. I had started trying to get one of each class up to 100, done 6 so far. Bought the pet off the AH so that's all I really care about from the pre-expansion stuff.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Might have to level a couple then. I had started trying to get one of each class up to 100, done 6 so far. Bought the pet off the AH so that's all I really care about from the pre-expansion stuff.

There are 4 MOG sets to get too, one for each armour type. But yea it's quite fast :p took roughly 24 hours to do 1-100 doing nothing but invasions, that was when there was only 3 active at a time though, can prob do it much quicker with all 6 up.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Gonna be quicker still. At the end both continents will be flooded with invasions all over apparently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom