Question regarding restoring characters

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully a friendly GM could answer this for me (I'd RightNow however I'm at work currently and don't have my account details to log into RightNow).

I understand GoA offer a character restoration service - that is to say if you are a numbnuts and delete a character in a fit of stupidity - you can have them restored.

Now I am led to believe that you cannot restore a character, if:

(a) A patch has gone by since you /delete.
(b) You have deleted more than a certain number of new characters on the account (I think its 4 - but I could be wrong on that) after the deletion of the character you would like restored.

What I'm not sure though - is if I have created a new character with the same name can I /delete the new character and have the old version restored? (if it helps - I havn't deleted the new character yet).

Many thanks in advance for your help GMs :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Crookshanks said:
Hopefully a friendly GM could answer this for me (I'd RightNow however I'm at work currently and don't have my account details to log into RightNow).

I understand GoA offer a character restoration service - that is to say if you are a numbnuts and delete a character in a fit of stupidity - you can have them restored.

Now I am led to believe that you cannot restore a character, if:

(a) A patch has gone by since you /delete.
(b) You have deleted more than a certain number of new characters on the account (I think its 4 - but I could be wrong on that) after the deletion of the character you would like restored.

What I'm not sure though - is if I have created a new character with the same name can I /delete the new character and have the old version restored? (if it helps - I havn't deleted the new character yet).

Many thanks in advance for your help GMs :)

if youve created a new character with the name they cant restore it as that character whipes the records of the previous character i think :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Restoring characters:
Firstly it's never guaranteed. We can in most situations however.

If you've reused the name that doesn't prevent us restoring the old one, we'll tell you to delete the new one first.

if you've created a new character in the same character slot, that also doesn't stop us from restoring your old one.

If there's been a patch between the deletion and now we can sometimes restore if no other characters have been deleted since. In most cases however it isn't possible. If in doubt ask and we'll check for you.

Sometimes even if the character was only deleted this morning it can't be restored. We cannot guarantee to keep deleted character data, sometimes the backups are corrupted or are from a patch version where the character database isn't compatible with the current version. If we can restore it though we will.

Send us the following info:
Name of the character you want restoring (if it's a name youve reused since, also give us the class and approximate level so we know we're restoring the right version).
Name of the server it was on.
Name of another character you have on the same account and server. (if you don't have a current character on that server anymore we can work around this, it just makes it easier for us).

If you want a character restored, don't delete any more characters from the account until you hear from us. In some cases it's impossible for us to restore characters if too many have been deleted since. If it's necessary to delete characters because you've reused the name or have characters in a different realm for example, we'll ask you to do so, but you should leave them alone until we tell you otherwise.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Thankyou very much for a very thorough reply Requiel :) I'll be in touch shortly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom