Odd Question

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ok im on mobile net as come of you know , which means i have a 500mb a day limit roughly , so earlier i was grand around 520mb just rvring away and i go linkdead and im suddenly at 1.2GB , like 15 minutes later and i have no idea what is causing this as my windows updates are all up to date and not enabled to download without my sayso :(

Like thats alot of data around 30 minutes of high quality video+sound

Just wondering if there is any way to check my directory or history to see wtf is happenning as if i was randomly 1gb over my limit thats over 200 euros that i aint paying :p

Im fairny noob on computers but savvy enough with the simple things

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Ok im on mobile net as come of you know , which means i have a 500mb a day limit roughly , so earlier i was grand around 520mb just rvring away and i go linkdead and im suddenly at 1.2GB , like 15 minutes later and i have no idea what is causing this as my windows updates are all up to date and not enabled to download without my sayso :(

Like thats alot of data around 30 minutes of high quality video+sound

Just wondering if there is any way to check my directory or history to see wtf is happenning as if i was randomly 1gb over my limit thats over 200 euros that i aint paying :p

Im fairny noob on computers but savvy enough with the simple things

I have no idea how you can go in and check traffic that happened in the past on your computer, unfortunately, you can find software the monitors and possibly saves data of your traffic, but they would have had to be installed and be running in the background when the spike of activity happens before you could have any data about it, as far as I am aware, as I don't think that is a built in standard feature of most operating systems.

So you had 520mb done which instead to 1.2GB, so an increased data traffic of 680mb.

Did this 680mb come just from going linkdead or from 15 minuts of RvRing+going Link Dead?

If the later, it sounds pretty heavy, 680mb translates into 5440mbit, then 362,66mbit pr. minut or 6,04mbit/s of traffic, which anyone, who had done any kind of downloading, can tell you is a shitty transfer speed, but for DAoC it is pretty high.

6,04mbit is 6189,51kbit or 6,338,059bit

Lets say a character is moving, you need only X, Y, Z, Dir, model and speed to generate that locally on a machine, so lets say someone is at "55000, 55000, 10000, dir: 180, model number 55000" (yeah yeah, repeating myself for sake of ease)

55000 is 1101011011011000 in binary, meaning it takes up 16bit, lets say all the left/right, back/front, up/down takes up 16bit (the string's length being set by 65000 which, iirc, is max length/width of a zone), so then your X,Y,Z should take up 48bit + 8bit for dir, +9bit for speed, tops, and again, lets say an overestimated 100,000 models in DAoC for a 17bit character model, add a size string, to determine the size of the model, worth 16bit as well, and we end up at 98bit to determine model, location, direction, speed and size of model for anything send from the, still a long way up to the 6,338,059bits pr. second.

How much RvR did you do during your first 520mb of traffic?

Possibly, your traffic spiked insanely when you went LD, as your client might possibly explode in send requests to the server, asking for information on everything on your screen, but still doesn't come even close to explaining that insane spike in traffic

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Daoc effects download very little i can rvr for 6h on 2 accounts and only use 20mb max tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom