Question on stat caps?

BaneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
What are your stats capped at and does anyone know how much they effect your abilitys like damage block evade parry and all that?

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
stat caps are:

hitpoints: level*4
stats (strenght, constitution, etc): level+(level/2)
skills (slash, thrust, etc): (level/5)+1
resists: (level/2)+1

so for a level 50 that would be:

hitpoints: +200
stats: +75
skills: +11
resist: +26

This is all without ToA bonuses or realm ranks ofc.

BaneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
hmm?

What are stats capped at buff wise? i heard that theres no point having stats over 300 or 350 or in the case of speed 250 because after 250 it no longer effects your weapon swing speed. Could be wrong just something i heard.

Also i am wondering if + to resists on items,armor,weapons etc and RA s that increase resists stack in new fronties.

examply a lets say mercenary with stoicism ( 25% reduction to crowd control spells) with lets say capped resists(26% from items n armor etc)

51% resistance to crowd control so far but only 26% resistance to all magic.

Then you got the RA's
Determination which can go up to 34% defence against mezz stun and snare effects.
Avoidance of Magic which can go up too 28% magic resist.

Now in the unlikely event you manage to get 68 realm points spare to spend to get all them RAs at that level would you now have.

54% resistance against all types of magic (magical damage, poisen, weapon proccs etc)...

113% Reduction to crowd control effects on you...

thanks for info so far :)

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
BaneWolf said:
What are stats capped at buff wise? i heard that theres no point having stats over 300 or 350 or in the case of speed 250 because after 250 it no longer effects your weapon swing speed. Could be wrong just something i heard.

Quickness is indeed capped at 250, you won't get any benefit for having more then 250 quickness.
Other stats are hardcapped at 300 but you still get benefit for going over that cap of 300. You just get less benefit for each point over 300 then you would get for the points below 300.

BaneWolf said:
Also i am wondering if + to resists on items,armor,weapons etc and RA s that increase resists stack in new fronties.

examply a lets say mercenary with stoicism ( 25% reduction to crowd control spells) with lets say capped resists(26% from items n armor etc)

51% resistance to crowd control so far but only 26% resistance to all magic.

Then you got the RA's
Determination which can go up to 34% defence against mezz stun and snare effects.
Avoidance of Magic which can go up too 28% magic resist.

Now in the unlikely event you manage to get 68 realm points spare to spend to get all them RAs at that level would you now have.

54% resistance against all types of magic (magical damage, poisen, weapon proccs etc)...

113% Reduction to crowd control effects on you...

thanks for info so far :)

There's a big difference between the different realm abilities.
Stoicism and determination only reduce the duration of crowd control spells, they do not give you higher resists against them.
They will not give you a higher chance to resist cc spells.

Avoidance of magic on the other hand gives you higher resists to all forms of magic. This means you have a higher chance of resisting the spell completely and you will also receive less damage fro mmagic attacks.

Also with patch 1.65 the resist systel changed a little.
Prior to patch 1.65 all resist were added up and applied to any attack on you so your resist would be racial+item bonuses+ra's.

In the new system resists are applied in 2 steps:
step 1: racial resists, resists from items, resists from buffs.
step 2: realm abilities

Simply put, if someone hits you with a magical attack for 500 damage while you have 26% resist and a 14% buff you would get 500*(1-0.40)=300
Then your realm abilities are taken into account.
So if you have AoM 3 you would get hit for 300*(1-0.09)=273

In the case of crowd control spells the above calculation doesn't apply, you just get a flat chance of resisting the spell based on your resistance against that particular type of cc (body, spirit, etc..)
If you don't resist the spell then stoicism and determination are taken into account to reduce the duration of the cc spell.

I hope this answered your questions.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Lam said:
Quickness is indeed capped at 250, you won't get any benefit for having more then 250 quickness.

For calculations of weapon swing speeds that may be the case...

But for classes with evade, having more than 250 quickness still should mean something since evade is based on quick/dex...

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
I should have been more clear on that indeed, for weapon swing speed it's capped at 250, for evade you get benefit from higher quickness but instead of being capped at 300 before you get diminished returns quickness is till capped at 250 so anything above 250 will give you less benefit for evade.

Also keep in mind that quickness seems to have a bigger influence on evade then dex does.

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
It is in my experience very needed to get all the str, con etc u can..even if u pass 300 by a lot..my troll zerk has about 400 str with buffs..and its a good piece more weaponskill and dmg more than 300'ish

When dealing with stats, the points u get above 300 are often what defines unbuffed Vs buffed..and many will tell u its hardly ever a match for the buffed to win :)

/Dracus

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Lam said:
Other stats are hardcapped at 300 but you still get benefit for going over that cap of 300. You just get less benefit for each point over 300 then you would get for the points below 300.
Please get a pen and paper and write out 500 times "There are no diminishing returns". Hopefully that will help it sink in.

Diminishing returns are a myth and a fabrication. Every point, including those over 300 and even beyond 400, counts for the same when it comes to calculating things like weaponskill.

Lam said:
Avoidance of magic on the other hand gives you higher resists to all forms of magic. This means you have a higher chance of resisting the spell completely and you will also receive less damage fro mmagic attacks.
Avoidance of Magic does not increase your chance of resisting a spell, it simply reduces the damage or duration of the spell effect. Chance to resist is based on the spell/spec level vs the level of the target.

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
Please get a pen and paper and write out 500 times "There are no diminishing returns". Hopefully that will help it sink in.

Diminishing returns are a myth and a fabrication. Every point, including those over 300 and even beyond 400, counts for the same when it comes to calculating things like weaponskill.

Weaponskill isn't affected but there are diminishing returns for con, just have a cleric buff you with a base buff, write down the amount of con you gain and the amount of hp you gain and then work out the hp gain per con.

After that have a cleric cast a spec buff on you which takes your con over 300, then do the same by writing down the number of con gained and the amount of hp gained, if you then work this out you'll notice that you'll gain less hp per con.

Mythic had plans to remove the softcap at 300 and they even stated it in patch notes but after some bugs they decided not to change the softcap so con is still affected by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom