Question for teh GMs (Requiel etc.)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Can't be arsed to use Rightnow because it ... well, you know the whines better than I do, I'm sure.

Anyways, since this new patch came in my second account tends to lag out and go LD within a few mins of inactivity. Plenty of posts about it already. The thing I noticed though was that even after my second account went LD it still continued to gain XP and ding.

Is this a bug and would I be shot out of a cannon if I continued to XP this way? I personally think that it is a minor bonus of having to constantly alt-tab between accounts when playing and having to relog BOTH accounts if for some insane reason I have to leave my chair for more than 1 minute (I exaggerate not!).

Seeing as how this patch makes having a buffbot totally pointless this 'bug' seems to be the only reason for keeping a second account active...or both even.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Sissyfoo said:
The thing I noticed though was that even after my second account went LD it still continued to gain XP and ding.

Well everything else can be explained with the 'running 2 accounts on same pc is an unsupported feature blah blah' but that.... eh? :eek7: Please explain (send via pm if you don't want people knowing about it and therefore possibly abusing hint hint hint)

Apathy

Loyal Freddie
Working as intended.

Please supply all previous address details.

Thank you for playing.

MAH WAAF SHE EEZ BI-XEON!

a.

Totyn

One of Freddy's beloved
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Well everything else can be explained with the 'running 2 accounts on same pc is an unsupported feature blah blah' but that.... eh? :eek7: Please explain (send via pm if you don't want people knowing about it and therefore possibly abusing hint hint hint)

Happened many times to me, use 2 accounts. After a while the unactive character on the other account will disapear so you cant see him, then you know hes LD, you switch back to that account and see that he has gone LD, but unless you press Esc he is still in the game getting xp from the group and his buffs does not go away but he can be attacked by NPCs.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Totyn said:
Happened many times to me, use 2 accounts. After a while the unactive character on the other account will disapear so you cant see him, then you know hes LD, you switch back to that account and see that he has gone LD, but unless you press Esc he is still in the game getting xp from the group and his buffs does not go away but he can be attacked by NPCs.
he can or he can't ?

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Had similar experiences some time back already with a seems to have gone LD 2nd account but I still didn't loose buffs (until I put focus on 2nd window). Quite funny to notice your 2nd account char ain't viewable ingame anymore. But after 30 mins or something there's the auto LD anyway of inactivity (cause you can't move him).

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Should have known this earlier.

Put buff bot at hmg, hope buff bot "ld" and then camp hmg. easy safe rp farming by buff bot :p (if one kills any ofc ;))

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
just run in windowed mode and switch between your buff bot window and your main char window. I think you take a performance hit for running two windows nor can you stick your buff bot without lagging off you. Unless you got a nasa super computer hidden under your bed.

But i find dont go ld that way. ALTHOUGH somtimes will ld when trying to port or load them at the same time likewise its harder to rvr because your sapping most of the memory. Your best bet is run on a second computer

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, my PC sure aint NASA size, and I run 2 acc on same PC. No lag at all, not even in large battles. (the water effect is set to lowest tho)

2.8GHz P4, 1 GB ram, radeon 9700 pro, 2x120 HDD in raid0 (thats performance tho). about a year old in total.

no lag at all and no nasa comp either. (sometimes probs with gfx card tho, wish they would fix that :()

Chilly

Balls of steel
RAM is the biggest factor in how well you can run two accounts because most of the lag you experience ingame is a result of HD paging which is considerably slower than pulling data from ram, so if you want to run two clients, even with a not so uber computer then stick a fuck load of ram in it, 1gb+

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Chilly said:
RAM is the biggest factor in how well you can run two accounts because most of the lag you experience ingame is a result of HD paging which is considerably slower than pulling data from ram, so if you want to run two clients, even with a not so uber computer then stick a fuck load of ram in it, 1gb+

aye i have no problems with running 2 accounts (all my problems got solved once i got myself 1gb of ram :) )

so dont stint on RAM :D

Marrok

Loyal Freddie
well i have 1gb ram and never had any problem before 1.69, not gonna renew subs for both accounts as its not worth it anymore.

Waiting for next patch maybe..

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Have you Considered dropping the Buffbot account ?, that would surely help.
Buffbot = cheating, actually even more cheating than using ANY 3rd party program!!!!!!.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Gorrion said:
Buffbot = cheating, actually even more cheating than using ANY 3rd party program!!!!!!.

Actually, it isn't a buffbot account. It is a PL account...because I am too lazy to spend another 3 months leveling a character the old fashioned way.

Anyway, this is GOA's response:

GOA said:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with Mythic on closing all reported bugs in the game and this will be added to the list of issues to deal with.
Thank you once more for your assistance.

In certain situations (PvP conflict for example) it would be punishable as you are gaining a significant advantage by having a buffbot which is not targetable by enemy players. For PvE, as monsters can target your buffbot normally it is not an issue.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Gorrion said:
stfu noobz

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Let me guess, your running win2k.

DAoC isn't supported on win2k and if you run 2 accs, one of em will crash.

Get Windows XP and it will work fine.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Gorrion said:

no its mythic cheating extra money out of their customers, real lame marketing, they probably intended the 'enhance' specs to be used for 'buffbotting' from the beginning, its a very subtle way of saying: "want more power on your characther? PAY MORE CASH IRL!!!!"

you know how many people start laughing and whining at companies who offer a "premium account" to start out with more skill ingame for more cash irl (like what EA did with Ultima Online at some point)

mythic does exactly the same but just in a more subtle way...

and it worked perfectly for them!!

tho in pve it doesnt matter that much (moral wise), in rvr its basically "i am more powerful because i pay more money" :p

(i have one too btw :rolleyes: , but that doesnt mean i dont consider it lame marketing from mythic)

dark age of camelot - basic player package: price €40 - €12 each month
dark age of camelot - boosted player package: price €80 - €24 each month

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
I have no trouble running or moving with 2 accounts, even if running TOA clients.

Setup: P4 3GHz (hyperthreading), 1GB RAM, SATA harddrive, radeon 9600xt, winXP, catalyst 4.7 drivers.

I experienced crashes with 4.8 or was it 4.9 betas so I reverted to 4.7 which seem to be much more stable.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Gorrion said:
irl? ><

Chilly

Balls of steel
Sarnat said:
I have no trouble running or moving with 2 accounts, even if running TOA clients.

Setup: P4 3GHz (hyperthreading), 1GB RAM, SATA harddrive, radeon 9600xt, winXP, catalyst 4.7 drivers.

I experienced crashes with 4.8 or was it 4.9 betas so I reverted to 4.7 which seem to be much more stable.
Hyperthreading is essentially the same as having 2 CPUs for the purposes of running two daoc accounts.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Happened many times to me, use 2 accounts. After a while the unactive character on the other account will disapear so you cant see him, then you know hes LD, you switch back to that account and see that he has gone LD, but unless you press Esc he is still in the game getting xp from the group and his buffs does not go away but he can be attacked by NPCs.

The buffbot also recieves loot and you can send pms to him/her when in ghost LD status. Normally game crashes after 20 min to an hour after the buffbot went ghostLD.

It happens very often during a game session. From what I have heard this bug will be solved in 1.70. Neither the recurring LDs nor the ghost LD thing occurred before the last patch.

>In certain situations (PvP conflict for example) it would be punishable as you are gaining a significant advantage by having a buffbot which is not targetable by enemy players.

Haha, ah the lovely cash flow :D

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Gorrion said:
Have you considered seeking help for your problem? You seem to suffer from some kind of Tourette Syndrome when it comes to buffbots, saying the most outrageous things. Call it what you want, but the use of a buffbot is not cheating, and it's a true mark of your blind zeal that you would resort to such lies.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
Have you considered seeking help for your problem? You seem to suffer from some kind of Tourette Syndrome when it comes to buffbots, saying the most outrageous things. Call it what you want, but the use of a buffbot is not cheating, and it's a true mark of your blind zeal that you would resort to such lies.
That is somewhat not nice to say about anyone...

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

while using a buff bot is not cheating it does give you a larger advantage over player than say a mecroing program to help you craft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom