QQ post

Petwick(Ebony Hand)

Fledgling Freddie
in response to the poor Whorelock player who now cant instakill people i have this to say

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:cheers: :twak: :clap:
I think u get the idea

Dorimor1

Banned
Letting out all my feelings on this post so may go a bit off topic :)

I think this person has a valid point here, just to prove how wrong you all are I'll take some extracts from other threads and some of my own words.

In my opinion, warlocks are not worth playing anymore, Mythic has once again fucked up a class so much it would have been easier to delete it all together, perfect example of a Savage. Why do Midgard get screwed over and over again? Mythic don't care about how OP hib are, here is to back this up:

Bainshees vs. Warlocks

Major Thunderous Burst, this is a AE bolt spell that has a cone like effect in the bainshee's front half arc. There is no drop off damage on this spell, in other words you hit a primary target for say 850 damage all surrounding enemies around the target will be hit with the same damage. The delve on this is 291. This spell has the ability to hit up to 16 enemy targets if they are close enough together. Now some of the spells on the warlock delved for lesser damage than this, Curse of Death for example, delve at 284 pre nerf and that was a single target spell.

Ohh here is another one that hits harder than Major Thunderous Burst. Deafening Cascade. Now this is pretty Much a harder hitting version of Major Thunderous Burst. Deafening Cascade also has the ability to hit 16 enemy players at once.

Hmm let me weigh the threat here, warlock on one side that can hit one single target from range and does front load damage due to chambers. Bainshee on the other side that can hit several targets at once from bolt range with damaging results, not to mention no front load damage here just a constant hard hitting bolt after the other. Hmm what sounds more lethal to you?

Another one of my points are about people complaining so much directed at mids who happen to be the melee realm. Because of this Mythic nerf everything that made us even with your two sorry realms. They fucked our Assassins to high hell when they nerfed LA ...tell me this ... where is mids being the dmg realm evident? Not anymore, "Balance" has lead to unbalance. And why? Because you couldn't learn to use your realms strengths, so Mids realm strengths had to go.

Its Mythics fault for creating the character, what Mythic did not take into thought was all the ToA bonusses and RAs, this lead into what was thought to be a strong, exciting new caster turned into something that was uncontrollable.

I'm making a point by saying that Mythic should open there eyes a bit more and look at other issues. They jump into the decision like it doesn't matter, not giving any thought about it.

In Catacombs expansion mid got Valkyrie and Warlock, hib got Vampiir and Bainshee and alb got Heretic. Now can you please explain to me the balance to me here? Warlock is now nerfed to 'other caster standards'. What about Valkyrie? Perhaps the worst hybrid ever to be created in the history of DAoC, a 50 Thrust, 50 Parry Paladin could beat this class hands down, if I had to play a Valkyrie (I played one from 1 to 25) again I would probably die of bordom because of how bad the char is. Mythic have not spoken a word about Bainshee and Vampiir nerfs.

Anyway I will still play my Warlock, I started just before nerf and enjoy the class but I guess that makes me a retard. What some of you peeps say about the players is really unacceptable - something I would call bullying. I have the right to play, I have the right to make friends, I have the right to be respected, I have the right to be liked, but some people don't understand that just because I have 3 fucking dots on my head.

I went waaayyy off topic in that post, but hey its good to let out your feelings sometimes :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Formash said:
i kind of translated with my link above your post Flim ;)

looks like lots of suicidal lyrics :p or is it just a really cheesy band? ;)
ixoth - trying to work out if you told people to "foadirl" or not ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
dorimor - warlocks are still a class that can choose to get 3000 range nearsight, or pbaoe bomb uninterruptably without having to use moc.

They can also get spreadheal, lifetaps, or a bolt that hits for more than a fire wizard, plus single target heals. (note the "or" not saying it's all in the one spec here)

They're a hugely versatile class and it's such a shame the hex line was so massively overpowered on release that they were ruined. It's still overpowered (remove the lifetap completely and I'd be happy ;) though I imagine most warlocks wouldn't) just down to just above bonedancer and sorcerer level rather than obscenely stupid levels. They're very far from being "broken".

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
looks like lots of suicidal lyrics :p or is it just a really cheesy band? ;)
ixoth - trying to work out if you told people to "foadirl" or not ;)
does it matter if its a language he doesnt understand?

nerf warlocks ;(
+
Dry your eyes mate.

Slusk

Fledgling Freddie
It's a sales tactic by Mythic.. OP something new then nerf it, just look at the games history.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
dorimor - warlocks are still a class that can choose to get 3000 range nearsight, or pbaoe bomb uninterruptably without having to use moc.

They can also get spreadheal, lifetaps, or a bolt that hits for more than a fire wizard, plus single target heals. (note the "or" not saying it's all in the one spec here)

They're a hugely versatile class and it's such a shame the hex line was so massively overpowered on release that they were ruined. It's still overpowered (remove the lifetap completely and I'd be happy ;) though I imagine most warlocks wouldn't) just down to just above bonedancer and sorcerer level rather than obscenely stupid levels. They're very far from being "broken".

True True, but.... No warlock i know has a range buff of 3000 range due to too many points in witchcraft line to get it, would leave the major hex line underspecced, mainly its tri or duo chambers which is the most sensible specs out there for farming/roaming etc.

For a bolt to hit more than a fire wizz you would have to go full 50 Cursing line, which this is a silly spec, and with 4 second cast times its not really feasible in rvr. A warlock has to rely on its chambers, and uint as backup, or if you have the time and space then powerless, its so easy to go and dump your chambers and full pow bar on a pally, then leave yourself a sitting duck, contruary to what people say it takes some skill to play them right and get out of the chamber dumping mentality. The nerf feels about right down to other casters lvls but still heavily reliant on front damage cause most of the time powerless aint possible and 4 or 5 uint casts isnt a lot.

But as far as the thread starter goes........... Id advise repseccing your ra's and get some MOM and Aug Acu, Physical defence really isnt needed with a good template or not until higher rr where you have some rp to spare. At 5l5 i have Aug dex 2 MOM 3 WP3 AA2 Purge 2 and Etheral bond 1 with 1 point spare, Got enough dmg ra's now, gonna plummet all points into getting purge 3.

Stick with your warlock, they are seriously fun to play and they can still take duos or trios when played right, the nerf and jibes from albs/hibs dont matter, they wont be happy until we are nerfed until we cant kill blue con mobs.

Oh and get some artis too :p

Kanim

Banned
Dorimor1 said:
varying nerf bainshee bs

bainshee doesnt have any insta spells, it also only has one uninteruptable spell which does no dmg. Granted the cone dd and ae bolt is op but any group of players stupid enough to stand in the cone area for long enough to die deserve to anyway.

and damn all those e bullys :mad:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, savage not worth playing?!
Bloody Mid bastard, not being OP means not worth playing I guess :(
And this thread is priceless, I think the TS was trying to make a joke though.
Regards, Glottis

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
mids are being spoiled, whenever one of the mid classes get nerfed they become "unplayable" still being shitloads better then alb or hib classes... :puke:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
it's not due to damage that savages arent brought into groups anymore,
savges still have nice damage..it's as simple as...no real det, no BL, no charge.! and generally crappy ra's..:(

as for Wl's :D

I think it's fine they've been nerfed they needed it, the fact that banshee's, and to some extent sorcs and vamps also are is no valid arguement for wl's to remain as they were, they've now been brought down to level with other casters, but stil have very high utility as some have mentioned, "exept for the bolt ;)" wich is preaty useless at 4 sec cast :p and they have the option of BL line = even more utility. wich also brings me to tho's saying wl's are a one button class, tbh either thats a flame bait ? or you really are sadly clueless.! or simply dont know how to play any class to 5% of it's potential, however i am willing to bet we will see alot of the so called "chamber dumpers" disapear now post nerf, and we will be left with a small handfull of wl's who actually took the time to learn thier class, and thease guys will still be quite hard face in battle.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Hamro said:
mids are being spoiled, whenever one of the mid classes get nerfed they become "unplayable" still being shitloads better then alb or hib classes... :puke:

sigh.. quotes like thease are getting old fast :(((

hows an sm better than a sorc/chanter ?
hows an sb better than a inf/ns
hows a hunter better than a scout/ranger ?
how a runie better than hmm any alb/hib caster ?
how a zerk better than merc/bm ?
mids have no pet spammer at all
given healers are prob the best support class ingame, but also have close to zero offensive properties.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Olgaline said:
sigh.. quotes like thease are getting old fast :(((

hows an sm better than a sorc/chanter ?
hows an sb better than a inf/ns
hows a hunter better than a scout/ranger ?
how a runie better than hmm any alb/hib caster ?
how a zerk better than merc/bm ?
mids have no pet spammer at all
given healers are prob the best support class ingame, but also have close to zero offensive properties.
Damn glad someone actually said that!! The other realms have had their fair share of OP too, hence things like the no more MOC/RR5 sorc ability uses. Notice how most of those laffing at this have the toons all mids would say are OPd, baseline stun, stun spamming pets, ridiculous casting times, more spec points than any other etc etc. Narrow minded or what.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Glottis said:
Lol, savage not worth playing?!
Bloody Mid bastard, not being OP means not worth playing I guess :(
And this thread is priceless, I think the TS was trying to make a joke though.
Regards, Glottis
i was wondering when you would make a retarded post,
why have a savage when u can have a berserker?
savage cant get full style bonus without significantly losing in other areas hence people usually leaving it at 4-6% at most.
have a worst ml line
and no access to charge.

Hopefully the new Det will bring them into line with the other tanks

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......................

Thank you, that is all. :)

You actually sounded like you cared there Septina.. I'm dissapointed in you :(

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Kikerumbo said:
P.S: Just found mytests on my shaman pre-nerf. Unbuffed damage with Lifetap = 547. Now 410 | Buffed damage with Lifetap = 654. Now 490.

It's a little bit naive of you to think that this community would care about a warlock crying. But it's always fun to see.

And no, 490 is NOT your cap with your lajftap. Delve is 190 innit? That would be roughly 627 cap (someone correct me if I am wrong). Which is not so bad for a spell that can be casted insta, imo. But hey, you are prolly used to instakilling any other class in the game so I can understand it pains you to actually have balanced nukes - or at least less OPed.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
i was wondering when you would make a retarded post,
why have a savage when u can have a berserker?
savage cant get full style bonus without significantly losing in other areas hence people usually leaving it at 4-6% at most.
have a worst ml line
and no access to charge.

sav + zerk > zerk + zerk imo.

Will give you a bodyguard(most groups run without a warrior atleast), better style utility from savage(stun from behind, stun from side), better damage and still higher dps than zerk.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Eva said:
sav + zerk > zerk + zerk imo.

Will give you a bodyguard(most groups run without a warrior atleast), better style utility from savage(stun from behind, stun from side), better damage and still higher dps than zerk.
a cc'd sav cus of the gimpy det atm can do anything
sav doesnt have access to charge like a zerker

next patch i will be different cus of the new det

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone who has played DAoC long enough knows that when an expansion is released along comes new classes... 9/10 at least one of these classes WILL be op'd for rvr.. was this intended?... ofc it was, they wanted to sell as many expansions as possible...how would they do this? by adding fotm/op'd classes with the expansion & the only way people could play them is to buy the expansion \o/

Those who have played DAoC long enough also know that after a while these new fotm/op'd classes WILL get a nerf. Imo warlocks are still probably (along with bainshees) the best casters in game for rvr even after there so called nerfs.

Chances are you knew before you rolled it from all the hype etc that Warlocks were going to be OP'd for rvr when introduced & most people knew that a nerf was inc sooner or later for the warlock/bainshee. Yet you went ahead & rolled one & now QQ because theyve been nerfed :twak: ... imo the nerf was a joke, they still hit me just as hard, ok im lying, they usually kill me in 2 nukes now & not 1 like before...but its still less than 2 sec :p

Maybe nxt time wait until the nerf before you roll one :) ?

If anyone has a right to QQ its the albs who got the (lol i forgot the name!?) but anywayz... the one that looks like hes been teleported from starwars when he uses the AE :D
....sorry but i lol irl everytime i see them use the AE \o/ wtf were mythic thinking when they designed this classes spells!? its so un-like daoc tbh!
Im suprised mythic didnt give them the ablity to summon a pet.. R2-D2 wudda been a nice addition for them!.. or if u specd fully in pet mastery.. u get both R2-D2 & C3P-0 \o/

Things mythic do at times makes me think the lead designers that have the final say on what classes/spells get added to daoc in release are all smoking pot & drinking mushys @ there lil tea party tbh! :(

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Originally Posted by Mas (Warlock)
Thing is i aint no coward, i dont run if any char gets in melee range, i actively hunt stealthers.

you really believe that too lol. I know for a fact thats bollacks.

Herjulf

Banned
well laf and shiver.

Just back from a while away, a year or smt.
And kinda amusing to see noone have learned nuttin.

People still postfarming over who can dismiss people as politically correct as possible.
Especially if some1´s class was overpowered and they got hit hard with a nerfbat, then it is extra fun to ridicule them.

Asfar as i have seen thusfar not much PvP wise have changed. Havent really tried out the new classes much yet. Just encountered some sorcs and realized nothing changed there jeez.. banshee look quite cool.

Started playing a little lock and grinding him atm and i must say it isnt an easy class to solo with PvE wise, that or it is simply me who havent gotten the hang of it.

Calo

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
3 healers, shaman, nuff said.

3 mend healers, 1 aug shaman, 3 dunno valkery's and 1 warlord Battlesong specced 50Bs 43 parry 9 sword skald would own? :(

cool, got to try that!

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
a cc'd sav cus of the gimpy det atm can do anything
sav doesnt have access to charge like a zerker

next patch i will be different cus of the new det
They can. I've played Mumin a couple of times in rvr and he totally rips the enemies apart. He has purge3 which helps, but I use it for the mezzes at inc mostly, which can easially be cured from a healer when you run 3x healers. Charge is great, but the main reason imo you choose a zerker is because they got decent dps, banelord and charge. Savage got better resists tables(thrust damage ftw), more dps, bodyguard but not just that good ra table. :p

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Kikerumbo said:
Nice job "repairing" bugs from the game Mythic|Goa.

Repair doesn't means fuck a char.

You can see the warlocks' damage now. The spec is 50Hexing, all capped (resists too), RR3 (Wild Power III, Physical Defense III). Nothing more to tell about.

Have fun posting that i'm a no skill player that only makes QQ about the warlocks' nerf because now it isn't a "2 buttons push, you win" char.

The people who really know and read about this game, played other realms, etc... can see what I mean if theyhave abit of common sense.

And remember, don't blame with bad words. Some people here are trying to enjoy, not only win.

P.S: Just found mytests on my shaman pre-nerf. Unbuffed damage with Lifetap = 547. Now 410 | Buffed damage with Lifetap = 654. Now 490.

haha
hahaha
hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha

cry more, please please please cry more, it really makes me feel good, really it does, after constantly getting wiped by these fudgers so many times in the BG's (leirvik/molvik) to an extent where there were hardly any albs in the 2 BG's i am so happy for this nerf has kicked in.

Has anyone else noticed since the patch there are more and more albs in the molvik/leirvik now.

Thank you mythic for giving us back molvik/leirvik.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Eva said:
They can. I've played Mumin a couple of times in rvr and he totally rips the enemies apart. He has purge3 which helps, but I use it for the mezzes at inc mostly, which can easially be cured from a healer when you run 3x healers. Charge is great, but the main reason imo you choose a zerker is because they got decent dps, banelord and charge. Savage got better resists tables(thrust damage ftw), more dps, bodyguard but not just that good ra table. :p

Chronictank said:
have a worst ml line
and no access to charge.

sp worse not worst

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom