C

Cush

Originally posted by old.moriath
And i disagreed with your disagreement and so the circle continues

ad infinitum

pfff.. call me the winner of this discussion now so i can stop posting :p

Z

zapzap

The 1 whiiining is moriath saying people ruin the game for others runing with 3 healers.

Limited supply of healers, then go lvl 1 if u need 1 BUT next u say

People can group how they want, so we run with 3 healers and u complain ?

We ruin the game for u coz we go make guild xp to get more active healers and needed classes ? (16 members 6 healers).

People add and I dont care, move on to next fight and hope for better luck.

But some people do put time and effort in to make it work optimal, so if u decide not to run with what is needed NP with me but seems u blam others that they can.

For me there is no fun if u dont try to do u best in any game. Think this goes for most people. Even the most basic football team would have some kind of strategy like a goalkeeper 4 or 5 defence players ect. Some go train 3-4 times a week some go drink beers at the pub 3-4 times a week instead, all up to themself how serious they wanna take it.

As a GM is up to u how your guild is going, just like a trainer of a football team. Cant get them to play what is needed then so be it but blaiming the other team to play with 4 defences and thereby ruin the game is stupid.

Zapsi

C

Cami

agree, stop contradicting yourself Moriath...

You are saying that running as you like is ok, aslong as its not healers? Dont like it, roll a healer yourself.

O

old.moriath

No i said i don't like it but i can't do anything to stop it :D

What i really hate is when groups that are 'optimal' whine when others join their 'fg vs fg' RvR in the frontiers.

And that is something i really object to .. if you actually read my posts rather than the people quoting sections out of it.

You can twist anything to mean anything my convenient quoting

O

old.moriath

Originally posted by Cush
pfff.. call me the winner of this discussion now so i can stop posting :p

Ok your the winner if it means that much to you.

I just want to make a point that you can't guarantee to have add free RvR so don't moan and complain when it doesn't happen.

H

Hargh

he isn't contradicting himself hes making a cogent and well informed argument, only to be met with "stop whining" and lines taken out of context.
get away from the line he said about healers the thing isnt about that it's about excluding certain class types from certain groups then complaining when those class types "steal" (not a quote) their RPs.
no one has a right to an enemy in the frontiers. no one.

F

Farnis

I added in fg v fg fight last night - i even ran up and hit one of the chaps who was CCd - I was lucky enough to kill him though.

Is that bad?

O

old.moriath

No farnis entirely within your rights to do that

C

Cush

Originally posted by old.moriath
No i said i don't like it but i can't do anything to stop it :D

What i really hate is when groups that are 'optimal' whine when others join their 'fg vs fg' RvR in the frontiers.

And that is something i really object to .. if you actually read my posts rather than the people quoting sections out of it.

You can twist anything to mean anything my convenient quoting

I dont mind people adding in fights, its not much you can do about that. But when someone runs and put stick to you group its a different thing imo. Main reason why i dont like that is cus all it does is bread zerges. And noone likes a zerg

H

Hargh

Originally posted by Jenna.
why is it unacceptable etc etc to whine about adds?

No one said it was. You are free to express your opinions.

H

Hargh

Main reason why i dont like that is cus all it does is bread zerges. And noone likes a zerg

Do you not think sheer numbers makes a "zerg"? ie, the more people there are in a zone the more likey the chance that they will converge on a place and any chance to earn RPs?

F

Farnis

Originally posted by Jenna.
why is it unacceptable etc etc to whine about adds?

Peeps tend to get on the back foot when they get told theyre not allowed to hit a bad guy as if the bad guys are somehow owned by others.

Apparently whoever casts the first mez has certain "rights" <sigh>

(I forgot to mention up there - the fg v fg where hibs and albs - as theyre in full group v full group no doubt I should have held back as they are enjoying the game in its entirety and I had spolied it somehow)

Stop the moaning boths sides imo.

O

old.moriath

I dont mind people adding in fights, its not much you can do about that. But when someone runs and put stick to you group its a different thing imo. Main reason why i dont like that is cus all it does is bread zerges. And noone likes a zerg

Sometimes zergs are a good thing ... relic raids are just a zerg mainly

but as there are only 3 main RvR zones as hargh said the number of people wanting to RvR will create a zerg.

As soon as someone camps amg emain cutting the albs off from the rest of emain all mid groups will go camp too as thats the only way they get anychance of rp's.

The albs then have to counter with more numbers to break that and it works the same way with albs camping mmg

Its the way the game is designed that creates zergs not the fact that you get an add onto a fg vs fg fight

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Kahland
These days thats my opinion. At least in PvE you know when you get adds and can prevent it, zerging too :(

There is always things to kill in PvE, not in RvR.

I used to think so, and started to like rvr after a couple of months after I hit 50, such a big mistake to pve. :|

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Well, here's my account of the last week.

Having visited The Guardians' guild website (Alb/Merlin) who have amongst others the top two RP wizards in the world, and asked them how the hell wizards (a 'gimped' rvr class) are supposed to get rp's in a fg vs fg fight. The answer was you cannot - unless you have a perfect group (that means no wizzies etc :p) its impossible, and you have to zerg or add to other fights etc.

Armed with this gem of knowledge I have taken it upon myself to lead my RvR groups over the past week or so (mostly comprised of guild members), and have gained more RP's over the last week than I have in any one week in the past 6 months. When forced into fg vs fg fights, we've used all RA's and normally come out victorious (except when the enemy get the CC drop on us, or we're fighting hib with GP - yay!), but haven't been able to fight a balanced FG until they are all back up again.

That's just my account anyway, derive form it what you will ;>

B

bogrot

Forgive me Papa Mori, I have sinned. :) I logged into emain and saw 2 fg engaged right infront of me. So I did what any high cave specced shaman would do ... i aoe dotted and diseased them. "You did what?" ... i hear many of u gasp, "He is using AOE disease in emain?? Thats against the law" It was a group of hibs and albs fighting hehe. I totally wrecked any cc for that fight on both sides. Does this make me a bad man now or is it ok to 'add' into these fights?

Just to finish the story, the albs won then slaughtered me :) but it was rather good fun seeing the dot spam coming up on my screen. Too bad ichor was down too.

Oh just another thing .... 'the' is spelt T H E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom