purge, ignore pain.etc etc

O

old.Emma

i have to admit never thaught an sb could take out an armsman before but damn i was so close today :D lvl 50 arms running through emain on his own :D BAMM PA/CD, run and restealth.. come back PA/CD (CD stun failed :( thanks to 1 min timer :/).. run away stealth.. PA missed CD tank down to less than 10% hp.. but no snare, bugger run away :/ i didnt wanna risk the chance of trying to out melee him cos i would have been slammed then sliced to crap :(.. but we can do it.. not as easily as infils but its possible :D

M

mid_Efour

Ignore Lag

Originally posted by The Real Redi

remember, you cant be hit, if your behind them, so why not try being a little lighter on your feet? i hardly stop moving when im in close combat with equal numbers, and i survive a lot longer than many of those around me... <shrugs>

Well :) 1 word for you "/stick". You can go where ever u want now and ill always be smacking you with my tools. Posistioal styles other than rear or front head on are pretty much impossible to get for me because. You are strafing in comabt and miss....

ALso Today i finally got RR3L4, and respecced to IP. Havent tried it in RvR yet, waiting for tommorow :)
Looking at it tho, with my nearly suicidal playing style it will basically give me the HPs i need to Beat the shit out of caster pretty easily before i go down. who knows maybe even 2 if i get lucky. I love it when u guys think u r clever rooting mezzing me rigth by ur casters and saving me for last. taking 1 player to the grave with me makes Efour very happy.

A

araudry

i m happy since we have ra :D
and i never been owned by a mid tanks since i have ra :)
(in duel) :p

T

The Real Redi

"Well 1 word for you "/stick".

gah! you know how many people have no idea about how useful that is either???? along with that and people not knowing there own frontier as well as i do is what i bank on some of the time :)

Seriously, stop giving away all these secrets that are printed for all the world to see, except those kids too busy powerlevelling to 50... :m00:

B

Blood

Originally posted by araudry
i m happy since we have ra :D
and i never been owned by a mid tanks since i have ra :)

araudry = 0wned

O

old.Sko

Re: Ignore Lag

Originally posted by mid_Efour

Well :) 1 word for you "/stick". You can go where ever u want now and ill always be smacking you with my tools. Posistioal styles other than rear or front head on are pretty much impossible to get for me because. You are strafing in comabt and miss....

Move a little bit and stick opponent. You will get really weird effects oftenly making him think that you rotate around him.

ALso Today i finally got RR3L4, and respecced to IP. Havent tried it in RvR yet, waiting for tommorow :)
Looking at it tho, with my nearly suicidal playing style it will basically give me the HPs i need to Beat the shit out of caster pretty easily before i go down. who knows maybe even 2 if i get lucky. I love it when u guys think u r clever rooting mezzing me rigth by ur casters and saving me for last. taking 1 player to the grave with me makes Efour very happy.

Wee, I remember you by my days back in mid :)
Is Irksome still playing ? Haven't seen him anywhere ;(

H

Happlo

I recon purge is fine how it is what with the amount of people who can mez/stun/root etc you, being able to purge once every so often aint too bad.

I would agree with the people that are saying IP is over powered though, but not that it should be removed, but changed instead. My suggestion would be to some kind of HoT (Heal over time) system like 17% of your life healed every tick for 6 ticks. This would not only heal more than the current IP does, but would define "Ignoring Pain" better because instead of just instantly healing back to full health, you would effectively be taking blows and with IP running, ignoring them. ;)

And now See Hidden <gulp>

Yes I'm a Nightshade, but I still think see hidden should be removed along with cameo, and true sight should be given to the assasin classes. This would make archers all happier and would reduce the assasin classes aswell, providing a better RvR experience for all :D

Just my view mates, stay well ;)

K

klavrynd

and i never been owned by a mid tanks since i have ra

duel duels or "i was just running back from some spot i logged out at yesterday to amg and ran into a sole middy" duels?

if it's #1 using IP is a bit daft ...

A

araudry

i m sure i can even duel blood without shield now :D

D

Danya

Originally posted by Sigurd Volsung
Ah, I love these posts.

Nerf ignore pain? Why? Oh, I see, tanks might stand a chance! Can't be having that, can we?

Try playing a warrior. Try it. I have to use every bit of skill I have, and all my knowledge of the frontiers, to beat people in RvR. An assassin... isn't it hard? Stealth, poison staff, hit someone in the back/front/wherever, maybe a couple more times, and they die. Funnily enough, I've never been killed by an even con assassin, because they are all cowards, probably, who only hit greens/greys. But as a level 40, I don't stand a chance against a level 50 infiltrator, RR6 or whatever, until I get ignore pain. Then I might be able to fight him properly. Tell me that is unfair.. I dare you...

And bear in mind ASSASSINS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO KILL TANKS.
Get level 50 then whine. A level 50 caster could probably melee you to death at level 40... :p

B

Brannor McThife

And a L50 infil will own you at L50 anyway...so you have something to look foward to. :m00:

I suggest, you prepare to take snare, IP, purge, second wind, etc for your RA's when they are introduced and/or are reduced in cost. Forget about doombringer, it's a joke.

-G

S

SilverHood

bwhaha! Almost killed Niar last night! He was on 10% hp after IP, even tried to use vanish the cheeky git.

Sadly my quickbar was fucked up (no bolt on it), so I didn't get him

At least I stood my ground.... thankfully Shane the Palladin came by and offered me free 920 rps by being a bigger 2H gimp than me :D

B

Bodzilla

Originally posted by Danyan
Where's the melee resist buffs? :p
AF on all armour reduces melee damage, as do :

AF buffs from caster self shield, and/or cleric/friar buff and paladin AF chant and armsman soldiers barricade AF buff.
caster self 10% abs buff and clerics bunker of faith abs buff.
then of course there's bladeturn :(

/cry

Q

Quemine

Ignore Pain is a real pain in the arse... it should work more like bunker of faith instead, absorbs damage taken. Giving tanks a better instant heal than any healer class ever can have even if they spec to 50 in their mend/rejuv spec sounds pretty stupid to me. (IP also ignores disease unlike regular insta heals...)

Mythic should have fixed healing in RvR instead of coming up with this crap...

O

old.Krusha

well its like many classes .. Mythic made a DYI-fix-kit-for-your-class and introduced RA's.. making the rich richer and the poorer... poorer? ;)

G

Garnet

Originally posted by old.Krusha
well its like many classes .. Mythic made a DYI-fix-kit-for-your-class and introduced RA's.. making the rich richer and the poorer... poorer? ;)

But still your force remains the stronger :)

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel the force :)

S

Sigurd Volsung

Originally posted by Danyan

Get level 50 then whine. A level 50 caster could probably melee you to death at level 40... :p

LOL I'd like to see them try, I remember soloing level 50 casters at level 35 no problem. And I love the arrogant attitude of level 50s - "if you aren't level 50 you must be a newbie" does it occur to you that the only reason I haven't reached 50 is I've played all classes in all realms and I can't be stuffed to stick with one until 50? I can guarantee I actually know all 3 realms better than 99% of level 50s, kiddo, and I'm more experienced in RvR than most, so I think I'll say what I damn well want.

O

old.Sko

LOL I'd like to see them try, I remember soloing level 50 casters at level 35 no problem. And I love the arrogant attitude of level 50s - "if you aren't level 50 you must be a newbie" does it occur to you that the only reason I haven't reached 50 is I've played all classes in all realms and I can't be stuffed to stick with one until 50? I can guarantee I actually know all 3 realms better than 99% of level 50s, kiddo, and I'm more experienced in RvR than most, so I think I'll say what I damn well want.

They must've been afk.
alb : qc root/mez -> run -> nuuuke
hib : qc stun -> nuuke.
That's with yellow con.
With grey ones - qc nuke. And then just staff last sliver of health you have. Some can even take their time to equip a bag and make funny screenie.

K

klavrynd

I haven't reached 50 is I've played all classes in all realms and I can't be stuffed to stick with one until 50? I can guarantee I actually know all 3 realms better than 99% of level 50s, kiddo, and I'm more experienced in RvR than most, so I think I'll say what I damn well want.

When you're not 50 you don't know the full pros and cons of your class against other realms' players. Thidranki is just a playtoy and at 24 quite some classes do NOT have the potential they have at 50 ( eg minstrels).

This brings me to your "RvR experience".

At level 40 you can hardly hit a keepdoor, patrols are orange to purple and 80% of all enemies is orange/red with epic armour, so chances of you actually doing decet damage would be rather strange.

So this leaves soloing in emain/odin's/HW out of the question and you don't get a helluvalot "experience" by following the mindless zerg using f8-f6-stick.

You crack me up every time Sig...

D

Danya

I'd love to see you fight it out with an earth theurgist... after you miss every hit and they beat you to death with their staff, I would laugh quite hard. ;)

S

Sigurd Volsung

You arrogant fucks I know more about this game than you for one flugo, I have actually commanded keep raids, led armies into battles, and camped each enemy frontier keep in both hibernia and albion. And, the caster can only cast spells on you IF THEY CAN FUCKING SEE YOU which is why I make sure I sneak up on them, several hits in the back with a 2 handed sword and yes, even the level 50s die. One time I saw a group of middies rush a group of albs, it was almost even, one alb survived, a theurigist, his armour buff had saved him - I hid behind a tree and watched him recast his buff. Then I followed him at a distance as he ran around Odin's looking for enemies, checked my clock, when 11 minutes was up I hit him before he could recast. The guy was purple, he died in a few hits, a quick /cheer and off I went.

Trust me, I know the tricks, the frontiers, the realms, I'm not a newbie, I'm not a nerd either who wants to sit at his computer for 24 hours a day powerlevelling. Such will be my disadvantage in pvp, however I know the realms like the back of my hand, and this, my friends, will be the cause of many a death message... maybe I should keep the name Sigurd for pvp, just for the sheer joy of 1000 or so people seeing the message "Moron was just killed by Sigurd"

I can't wait :)

T

Turamber

Sigurd being proud of never having had a level 50 character is another form of arrogance. However its one that only you seem to be able to enjoy. One doesn't have to "powerlevel" to get to 50 - just play a character regularly.

Like other posters have said its only really at level 50 that you can truly get the best from your class in RvR.

By all means keep the name for PvE, it will give us all a good gob shite target.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

"Cant leave this post without a few anecdotes of junior and more senior members around our fabulous realm:

- Numia was in Yggdra. She was hunting in a group with Lonits/Elonyth "special" friend (a level 25 warrior with little intellectual capital called Sigurd) and two more skalds of the same level range. We got ambushed by albs in the typical sadistic "we show you how great we are"-way. This means group stun, then they finish one off, sit down, talk in strange languages, bow, dance, jump, stun u again, kill the next, same procedure until its little Numia left.... Then they suddenly run away...

I ress all in joy of my unbelievable luck and guess what...
... they come back and play it again !!!

- so little Sigurd stands up and shouts "lets take Albion!!!". We are bewildered and shocked. So he says "look at /realm, they still have 2 keeps in their hands lets go and take them, its easy... ".

- Deeply impressed the first timid questions of the other two group members, both noobs, start coming up.

- When I venture that 4 lvl 22-25 mids are perhaps not enough to storm keeps he calls me chicken and dumbass. Naturally i officially offer my resignation from the group, but the other two want to stay with the healer.

- So valient Sigurd runs off alone in search of the lost keeps telling us he will conquer keeps for Midgard finding some friends on the way as at this early hours of the afternoon they are not guarded...

- Naturally it does not takes long and we get the first message:
"Sigurd was killed by a shivering presence"

- Guess what message little healergirl Numia gets 30sec later:
"Damn u got me killed, now come and ress me !!!!!!!!!!!!"

- So little innocent healergirl goes there and resses this nice young warrior but cannot reframe teling him that this is
a) the wrong way to go and
b) not the right attitude to talk when making a ress call.
(I wont mention in this post the "nice" reply I got after having come there to ress our friend.)

- 5 minute later: "Sigurd got killed by a Istalf Snowtracker" (this lvl 35 mob has a camp over the hill from the shivering presences and work in teams like human groups).

- Our little healergirl Numia waits anxiouslay and there it comes:
"Almost killed my first Albs, with your help we can take this Alb keep over here... Now come and ress me"

- Stupid and good natured as I am we go up there and ress him. After he recovers he asks us to join in and take the Albion fort. Again I tell him that these are monsters and not Albs and this is a respawning camp which u cant take... He runs off angrily telling me he will get his friends to take this keep and I am too noob for this game.

- At least I gather all my little courage to tell him that this is it. No more ressing for today, before we return to our cute chisellers and nip memphits near the gate.

- Our group then started counting the death messages of valient Sigurd with different victim teams he found to fight in with. We counted 6 death messages by the Istalfs before he left the "Albs" for this day...

Anoushka Polyxenia
<Amazons of Midgard>

just in case you wondered:

THIS IS A REAL STORY !!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This the great experience you're talking about Sigurd?

S

Sigurd Volsung

Numia is a lying cunt, I never did any of that, I don't recall ever grouping with her in rvr, last time I remember grouping with her was in askheim. And I assume she sold her account, as the Numia I remember had no problems whatsoever with me, I'd give her a /wave now and then, she would back, but evidentally it isn't the same one.

Why do so many assholes play this game? Robillard why don't you come here and say that to my face? Do you want me to nail your head to your door? THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP. Gombur, being a naive prick, would believe anything anyone told him. Turamber, true, you can get to 50 without powerlevelling, you can get there by playing continuously, but I find I need a break from prydwen after a while, after all, it seems to attract imbeciles like moths to a lamp. While excalibur may be full of newbies, at least they aren't arrogant fucks who think they know everything when they actually don't know a damn thing.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Hahaha you're back.
It's time to take your pill again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom