purge, ignore pain.etc etc

M

mid_Efour

Well Its 8 vs 8, 2 groups have clashed 1 ambushed by the other.
Why should it be that all that happens is the side with purge availible wins. We have all trained to 50 hoping to finally have equal ground for fighting, to be slapped in the face by RR5-6 fags with more Hidden extras than a Thai Ladyboy.

I dunno how I am expected to beat anyone anymore simply because i dont have the Uber RAs yet. And Yes now post some shit about me playing my class better or learning my role or taking a merry band of freinds to Odins or something...
fact is...

Efour hit for 100
xxxX hits you for 100
repeat this until IP required
XXXXX receives full insta heal

Efour just say "ahh ffs! and enjoys his 63 sheild 41 parrry Gimpness as 99% of his attackers shots go unblocked. (you picked a troll you idiot didnt you know ??)

Nerf RAs, Tune down RvR damage

K

klavrynd

"with more Hidden extras than a Thai Ladyboy."

keke, ill remember that one

With increased block and parry rates 63 sheild 41 parrry will be total hell for anyone attacking you so just have some patience.

on the RA issue. Do remember that mythic tried to balance their unbalanced-like-income-in-saudi-arabia-classes using RA's but instead just boosted the classes that didnt need a boost and gave the "other ones" a little extra. How nice IP might look on paper, it's a complete nightmare in game I consider it an RA for gimps that cannot play their class properly and need that extra 100% insta heal ( nb : i am rr4 and can thus afford IP so it's not jealousy).

In one of the next patches pure melee classes get extra cheap IP and Purge so you as warrior can easily get it, and obviously armsmen and hero's as well, so be sure to expect some extra tough new cookies on the block

L

leviathane

lol i love tht phrase..soz for the spammage

T

Turamber

You were unlucky. There are plenty of people out there who don't have instant heals - and even if you find one of those (<bows>) then it requires they've not used it for the last 30 minutes.

Unlucky.

/release go back and get some payback.

O

old.mattshanes

IP REMOVED! for a start also i heard the rvr damage is being toned down by 35%(?)

O

Ozwaldo

Increase IP to every 5 seconds and triple the Lifedrain on the Legion Pole

:clap: :clap: :clap:

K

kr0n

IMO RAs spiced up RvR a little bit too much...

Remove offensive Active RAs, such as IP/Purge and Remove True Sight and See Hidden. Of battle RAs, such as FA, MCL can stay...

and of course special RAs can stay as active ones.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Cornell

Faith is a friar, friars do not heal, they are tanks. :p

Thats a lie I've been healed by Faith many times ;)

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by kr0n
IMO RAs spiced up RvR a little bit too much...

Remove offensive Active RAs, such as IP/Purge and Remove True Sight and See Hidden. Of battle RAs, such as FA, MCL can stay...

and of course special RAs can stay as active ones.

So called off battle RAs can be used during battle too, since it only counts as combat if you have your weapon drawn (or possibly are in mid-cast) people can be hitting you and you can still use them. IP/purge are fine as is imo, but making them cheaper for main + light tanks is a bit nuts, at the moment, IP is very very expensive to get and so the reward is equally great, same with purge (so much so I haven't even got purge). However the changes making them cheaper so pretty much everyone can get them is ridiculous as they are then very muchly overpowered abilities

O

Old Nicodemus

Have to agree with Efour on this one.

IP Sucks.

I managed to jump an Alb tank on saturday. Set my pet on him and nuked him. He didn't know what hit him. He was running around trying to see me and was virtually dead.

Then he sees me uses IP and whoops my ass.

Full credit to him though. He used his IP at the right time. Even so I think IP should not be a full heal. Half heal might be better.

Oh well /release and come back for some more lumps. ;)

Nicodemus

B

Blood

Sounds like people expect to be uber when they ding 50 :)

imo, if you spend 20 days /played, then you should also expect to put in 20 more days /played to get RA's and realm ranks before you can expect to be uber :)

as a matter of fact, my spec isnt "complete" before i get RR5 :) (and some spellcrafting would be nice too)

O

old.Krusha

i thinkj ip/purge should be Tank -Only- ... a tank should be used to the pain, being used to take the pain whereas a wizard is used to take papercuts at the most (maybe som heat backlash when bolting too... maybe)

D

Danya

The main problem with RAs is they boost the wrong classes. Tanks and assassins get stronger, casters, healers and archers get weaker. Casters are already (justifiably) nerfed by resists, and resist buffs, then get a further nerf from purge and IP. I thought the idea was that casters kill tanks, tanks kill stealthers and stealthers kill casters or somesuch. Well the way it's going assassins kill who they like and tanks kill everyone else. All the others just stand there cheering the tanks. :p

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.Krusha
i thinkj ip/purge should be Tank -Only- ... a tank should be used to the pain, being used to take the pain whereas a wizard is used to take papercuts at the most (maybe som heat backlash when bolting too... maybe)
Wizards can't get IP. It's tanks / stealthers only. At best casters can get FA.

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by Danyan
The main problem with RAs is they boost the wrong classes. Tanks and assassins get stronger, casters, healers and archers get weaker. Casters are already (justifiably) nerfed by resists, and resist buffs, then get a further nerf from purge and IP. I thought the idea was that casters kill tanks, tanks kill stealthers and stealthers kill casters or somesuch. Well the way it's going assassins kill who they like and tanks kill everyone else. All the others just stand there cheering the tanks. :p

caster vs tank.

without RAs, caster should win, with IP + purge tank should win.. so tank can beat a caster 1 vs 1 every 30 mins.. seems fair to me :p

S

SilverHood

without RAs, caster should win, with IP + purge tank should win.. so tank can beat a caster 1 vs 1 every 30 mins.. seems fair to me

Apart from the fact that i soloed a lvl 50 wiz the otherday without breaking sweat... Barrin his name was :D insta bolt for first interupt, get rooted, mjolnir him for another interupt, omg he bolted me, too bad its partly blocked, hey! root broken, "Barrin was just killed by Korvarn".... :D

I actually have IP now... and it's sweet... saved my bacon about 100 times already

Still think it's overpowered, and should only be given to tanks/hybrid tanks

Casters get MoC and mcl which makes them chain cast maniacs, which ebenefits their class
Tanks get IP/purge, which benefits their class
Assasins get IP/purge AND see hidden as well..... IP isn't fitting, purge I can live with, but see hidden :( should be removed from the game
Archers get, well, wont even bother, cos you hardly see one these days

K

klavrynd

Tanks and assassins get stronger, casters, healers and archers get weaker.

make that assasins grow stronger. Tanks still are rp cows and manaspunges.

. Casters are already (justifiably) nerfed by resists, and resist buffs, then get a further nerf from purge and IP

as if casters don't get slash/crush/thrust resists . Even with buffs they blast you for more damage then you could do on them in the same amount of time on short range

D

Danya

Wait till we get resist buffs on a timer instead of conc based. You'll see a lot of people with 50%+ resists to magic. Where's the melee resist buffs? :p

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by Danyan
Wait till we get resist buffs on a timer instead of conc based. You'll see a lot of people with 50%+ resists to magic. Where's the melee resist buffs? :p

It's already here :p casters get the best self af buff in the game, higher af == less melee damage.

M

mid_Efour

Yes Blood ur right i dont expect to be Uber at 50 i just expect to have a level playing ground.

Its like a vertical wall now to get Rps, ill have to prey on the easy targets i guess until i join the uber ranks :) of RR5.

Staying alive in fights and contributing to the battle is quite hard as a warrior :)

O

Ottar

> And Yes now post some shit about me playing my class
> better or learning my role or taking a merry band of freinds
> to Odins or something... fact is...

Well.. seems you saved me from trouble to post the "shit" ;)

Fact is, Midgard on Prydwen, a mid typically has higher realm rank and more RA's than opposition. You call for RA nerf?

Then again, they fixed it so main and secondary tanks get IP and Purge practically for free in some patch. Absolute majority of Midgrd melee is made up of thanes and skalds.. Already, less and less people play thanes and skalds. Are they re-rolling as zerks and warriors? Mostly not.

Ottar

T

The Real Redi

How comes the entire time ive been on here, the only major obvious advantage standard tanks had was their strength + class abilities (merc = DW, Arms = pole n plate, Paladins = jammy) and most of the time were owned by virtually EVERYTHING that came up against it, being nuked, mezzed, rootin tootin, PAd, poisoned, buggered in the kidneys, whatever...

We complained a bit, but no one really listened, as the majority ruled and even though there was 1800 people on Pryd, only 48 of them were visible, as the rest were bastard stealthers...

Now, here comes the RAs and GOSH! the previous favorites of Mezzers and Rooters get Determination! those of us being whacked up for half our life by SBs suddenly had more than one way of dealing with it! we even get some of our own little magical damagey things in the forms of rains... awww! SO, How come, the tanks who for so long were being wasted left right and centre, are now the target of the stealthers complaining that they cant kill us now?

HAVENT YOU GOT FED UP WITH KILLING US YET??? before the patch, in the frontier or BGs, easy story:

"Mezz/root, PA, poison, NUKE NUKE NUKE, stab stab... oh look, that merc couldnt do a thing, he just had to stand there and take it... HA HA HAAA!"

now:

"Mezz/root, gah! purged! NUKE NUKE NUKE, thats it! hes going now.. oooh, boy he's a..... GAH!!!! Ignore PAIN!!! GAHHHH!!!"

well, cant one or two of you be happy for us??? instead of being just really clumsy, visible, tactless, big weapon wielding, metal armour wearing gimped infiltrators, we can actually give you a run for your money once in a while! If your fighting another of your season, or at least roughly (yello) then youve always got a chance to win, it depends on soo many factors you cant say that its the classes fault, it depends on when and how you use what you have, it depends on knowing when to run and when to stand (Albs, that doesnt mean 'run-whenever-you-see-a-mid' ffs), and it depends on how you fight... remember, you cant be hit, if your behind them, so why not try being a little lighter on your feet? i hardly stop moving when im in close combat with equal numbers, and i survive a lot longer than many of those around me... <shrugs>

it just proves that bad worksmen blame the fact that they are TOOLS!

:flame: for all the whinging bastard SBs... :D

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I'm in the middle ground on this one. Redi speaks some truth that the life of your average tank in RvR was not a bed of roses. They are the ones that have been eating dirt for the past months and they were underpowered.

That doesn't mean that IP isn't overpowered, though. I think it should have an effect more like its name : a short duration invulnerability to damage (a blade/spell damage turn) instead of a heal. It would still be powerful (potentially it could soak up even more damage than it currently does), but would need to be used more intelligently.

O

Ottar

> but would need to be used more intelligently.

Mm.. short invulnerability to damage? A bit different but I fail to see how using that one would require better intelligence? ;)

Efour, as a warrior, you will get Purge at cost of 4 instead of 10 in 1.53.

You will get IP at cost of 17 (FA2 + IP) instead of 23.

That means you will have to get yourself minimum r3l1, which is 72k of rp’s.

For a non-tank, (such as skalds and thanes), to get the same you would have to be r4l3, which is 286k rp’s.

All in all, IP was and is a great thing to Midgard. Despite the great work our healers are doing, fact remains: we are outhealed and outressed simply by there being more healing chars on other side. We needed IP and benefit more from it than albs and certainly more than hibs.

Ottar

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
IP REMOVED! for a start also i heard the rvr damage is being toned down by 35%(?)

If anything should be nerfed it`s the mezz,any shape or form,all mezzed, then cut to bits as you stand there helpless,where is the skill in the that???

S

Sigurd Volsung

Ah, I love these posts.

Nerf ignore pain? Why? Oh, I see, tanks might stand a chance! Can't be having that, can we?

Try playing a warrior. Try it. I have to use every bit of skill I have, and all my knowledge of the frontiers, to beat people in RvR. An assassin... isn't it hard? Stealth, poison staff, hit someone in the back/front/wherever, maybe a couple more times, and they die. Funnily enough, I've never been killed by an even con assassin, because they are all cowards, probably, who only hit greens/greys. But as a level 40, I don't stand a chance against a level 50 infiltrator, RR6 or whatever, until I get ignore pain. Then I might be able to fight him properly. Tell me that is unfair.. I dare you...

And bear in mind ASSASSINS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO KILL TANKS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom